Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

I don't really like having glass ones either so I'm going to exchange them for some plastic Salter scales instead.

I'd definitely recommend Salter scales. They've never failed me!

Thanks Honeyoc hopefully they'll be more reliable! I hope it's not my bathroom floor and I actually do weigh 10st 11lbs :eek:. I'm going to have to wait a few days to exchange them now unless I can get to Argos first thing tomorrow as we're heading up North to do some househunting. Anyone out in MiniMins land who live in Wilmslow and could recommend it? Or could recommend family friendly areas around South Manchester to look at?

So it's TOTM and I haven't exactly been angelic these last couple of days. It's weird as I'm at my original target but I still kind of want to lose weight but I also can't be arsed to be too strict with myself. I think it's because I should be happy as I am but losing weight can become kind of addictive as it's nice to see the weight loss. I've seen that some people are ridiculously obsessive about their losses and I really don't want food and weightloss to be all I think and talk about. I've got a friend doing SW who keeps lowering her target just because she's become addicted to losing, not because she needs to. And another who relied on diet pills, healthy eating and tons of exercise to lose weight (I don't agree with diet pills btw). She looked amazing at first, but has now lost too much IMO and still wants to lose another half stone. Once she's achieved that it wouldn't surprise me if she lowered it again. She also used to have the most amazing perfectly smooth skin and is now completely covered in spots. It seems that it can be quite difficult to strike a balance between maintaining a healthy diet but it not taking over. I suppose it just depends on each person really. I'm determined to stick to SW but I don't think I'll be as strict with myself as I was when I was trying to lose (unless the weight creeps up again of course). What do you guys think?

Anyway, back to the food diary! Yesterday was ok food wise until I went and ate a massive Apple & Rhubarb Crumble with Custard. It was really good but also kind of unneccessary. I need to get stricter with the OH as he isn't really losing weight, but he relies on me to tell him what he can and can't have and I'm being a bit slack with him lately. i.e. letting him have booze and going out for dinner! This week won't be great for us either as we're spending 2 days househunting and staying overnight so that's meals out, and we're going to a wedding on Friday! Whoops.

Last edited:
Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEXb), 120ml skimmed milk (HEXa), sweetener, banana, blueberries

Lunch - Singapore Noodles (red pepper, red onion, courgette, garlic, chilli, beansprouts, mangetout, babycorn) (0.5 syns for sweet chilli sauce)

Snack - 7 Mikado (3.5 syns), greek mullerlight (0.5 syns)

Dinner - Nigella's Meatzza (had a quarter and only used 15g porridge oats in total = 1 syn) made w/ tinned tomatoes, 30g light mozzarella (HEXa), SW chips, green beans, spinach

Whoops - 2 mikado (1 syn), 2 biscuits, bowl of cheerios w/ skimmed milk, mini drifter (loadsa syns)... stupid TOTM!

5 tea w/ skimmed milk (more syns)
Sparkling water

Total syns = too many!

Lunch...
2012-10-09%252013.57.04.jpg

Dinner... worth a try
Recipe -
http://myslimlinerecipebook.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/nigellas-meatzza.html
2012-10-09%252019.11.32.jpg
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Ok so I'm TOTM and (kinda) at target so I'm pretty much thinking "sod it" atm! In the main I'm still following plan but with a minor (ok maybe major) fail! I will be back on plan from Friday... maybe Sunday!?

Whoops...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121010_212951.png
    ForumRunner_20121010_212951.png
    670 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Argh I'm being so crap! I hope my motivation returns to me! Fingers crossed it's just TOTM and I'll be back on plan with no problems.

Good news on the house front - we've finally (kind of) decided where we want to move! Considering our options were pretty much anywhere in the UK this is quite an achievement. We're going to do a day of house viewings next week so hopefully it will make us 100% sure about the area.

Right that's it! No more excuses! I want to lose at least another 4lbs so I'm determined to be 100% for the next week and to do some form of exercise everyday, even if it's just going for a walk. I also need to get stricter with my third SF as I've been having too many meals without it. I can't get complacent just because I've reached 10st 7lbs. I'm also getting my replacement scales tomorrow so hopefully I can get an accurate reading. I may actually go to boots tomorrow and get weighed on their machine so I can make sure the new scales are accurate.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEXb), 120ml skimmed milk (HEXa), sweetener, banana, blueberries

Lunch - Singapore Noodles (red pepper, red onion, courgette, garlic, chilli, beansprouts, mangetout, babycorn) (0.5 syns for sweet chilli sauce)

Snack - 7 Mikado (3.5 syns), greek mullerlight (0.5 syns)

Dinner - Nigella's Meatzza (had a quarter and only used 15g porridge oats in total = 1 syn) made w/ tinned tomatoes, 30g light mozzarella (HEXa), SW chips, green beans, spinach

Whoops - 2 mikado (1 syn), 2 biscuits, bowl of cheerios w/ skimmed milk, mini drifter (loadsa syns)... stupid TOTM!

5 tea w/ skimmed milk (more syns)
Sparkling water

Total syns = too many!

Lunch...
2012-10-09%252013.57.04.jpg

Dinner... worth a try
Recipe -
My Slimline Recipe Book: Nigella's Meatzza
2012-10-09%252019.11.32.jpg
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Your Meatzza looks incredible hun!:) I definitely agree with you about not obsessing about your weight loss, I think it's great that your feeling relaxed at the moment, you've already done so well to reach your 1st target, you deserve to treat yourself every now and again. xx

I'm doing the same at the mo, being really complacent and not really eating to excess or anything just not sticking to SW really at all. Well I am, just having cake every day too! Lame! Still have a stone to go, I've been dieting pretty much all year now, and I'm just bored of it I think, or rather always thinking about what I'm eating. Going to get a full health check up at my gym tomorrow they have this insane weighing device which measures mineral, sodium, water, fat, BMI, weight, I think it's for body builders and you have to book in to use, pretty sure my weights gone up since last week so hopefully it'll be the shock I need to get motivated again, no way is this nearly 3 stone going back on! Xx

Well done on finding where you want to live, as you say, quite an achievement when you have the whole country to choose from, which area did you decide on?

Re your target, it is of course entirely up to you what you choose but here's what I decided if it's any help - I always wanted to get to 9st 13lb, I originally thought 10st but like the sound of being 9st something better! Anyway when it came down to reaching target at group I found I was sticking at 10st 3lb, I felt fine at this weight (and was sick of paying out every week too) so decided to make it my final target, plus the 3lbs either way limits mean I can go up to 10st 6lb or down to 10 st (almost where I intended to be!) although I mostly fluctuate between target and the upper limit. It is a more realistic weight to maintain at, I think maybe you would be fine at a similar range :)

Last edited:
Thanks Suzyflo. I think I'll try to maintain at 10.3 or 10.4 like you. This week has been a bit of a write off really but I weighed in on my new scales today and I'm 10st 6.5lbs on carpet and tile floor so it seems that so far I've got away with my burger and booze binge!

It's the OHs birthday on Friday and a friends 30th on Saturday so it'll be another boozy weekend but after that we're both going to lay off it for a while!

We've decided to move to Didsbury Suzyflo. I think it will suit us as there's lovely shops and cafes nearby and I have friends living in Chorlton which isn't too far. East Didsbury will also be a nice area to be once we've had kids and we'll both be able to find work in Manchester. Overall I'm feeling pretty excited. I can't wait to start the househunt properly next week.

This week had been a disaster. Back on track from tomorrow. I don't know where my motivation has gone!?

Don't worry about it, as long as you've had a good time and you get back on track like you plan to then I'm sure you'll be ok :)

Good luck with the house hunting, I don't know Didsbury at all but you certainly seem to have done your research, it sounds nice, and good that you'll have friends close by too.

Thanks Suzyflo. Now we just need to find a house...!

Back on track today. Going to a friends for dinner tomorrow so I need to find out what she's making so I can plan for the rest of the day. I won't be drinking either. It's the OHs birthday Friday and I've booked us into a posh restaurant and I'm going to attempt to make this (be warned it isn't SW friendly) - Chocolate & Raspberry Cake by Kate Mew - Great British Chefs so there's no chance of a completely on plan week.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEXb) w/ 120ml skimmed milk (HEXa), sweetener, banana

Lunch - Pasta w/ homemade pesto (1 syn), red onion, spring onion, courgette, red pepper, tomatoes, 17g rf cheddar (HEXa)

Snack - 3 mikado (1.5 syns)

Dinner - Smash Salt & Pepper Chicken (green beans, red onion, green pepper, spring onion, garlic, red chilli), w/ SW chips, 1 tbsp el mayo (0.5 syns)

Pudding - banana, mullerlight toffee

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 3

Dinner...
The smash chicken was amazing. I mixed cajun spices, mixed herbs and salt & pepper with the smash flakes. This particular combination needed a bit of sauce as it was quite dry and would have been better with Egg Fried rice rather than chips. But I imagine it would be great with SW sweet & sour sauce or as chicken nuggets with chips and beans. I could even bash a chicken breast flat and it would be like an escalope or schnitzel. Mmm lots of possibilities!
2012-10-15%252019.40.33.jpg
2012-10-15%252019.44.49.jpg

Last edited:
Dinner tomorrow night is cancelled so that's one less thing to worry about!

WI today and I'm 10st 5lbs which means a 1.5lb loss!? I've been almost completely off plan this week so it may just be down to the fact that I've just finished my TOTM so could of been water retention. Either way I ain't complaining! Maybe it will catch up with me next week...

Food Diary...

Breakfast - mixed berries, banana, 0% greek yoghurt, 1 tsp honey (1 syn)

Lunch - 2 wholemeal (HEXb), 20g rf cheddar (HEXa), 2 tsps flora el (1 syn), 1 tbsp asda tomato chutney (1 syn), cucumber, red onion, lettuce w/ side salad (red onion, lettuce, cucumber, sweetcorn, beetroot, carrot & pickled onions)

Snack - 4 haribo & 1 liquorice (3.5 syns)

Dinner - Jerk glazed Pork loin (fat removed) (1 syn), Ainsley Harriot spice sensations cous cous (1 syn), roasted red onion, red pepper, courgette, tomatoes

Snack - 3 mikado (1.5 syns), 1 munchie (1 syn), funsize maltesers (5 syns) (I want more chocolate still
:()

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
1 tea pigs mint & liquorice

Total syns = 16 (whoops!)

Lunch...
2012-10-16%252014.01.11.jpg

Dinner...

2012-10-16%252019.14.40.jpg

Last edited:
I always seem to get good losses straight after my period so I think I must hold a lot of water so that's why I've lost. I do think I won't be so lucky next week though. I'm just going to try to be as careful as possible and keep the syns low this week to make up for last week and this coming weekend.

I hope the move went well for you? Are you settling in? I absolutely hate moving house as I've had to do it so many times over the last few years so I understand how stressful it is. That's why I'm so excited about us buying our own place as we won't have to move again for a long time (I hope!)

Back