Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

We've got the mortgage agreed so we just need to make the offer! Eek!

We're going to the OH's parents for dinner tonight so I don't know what we'll be having but the request was made for 'something healthy' so we'll see. I'll be having a glass of wine if it's offered though as it's been a good news day!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, blueberries, activia 0%

Snack - carrots, grapes, 1 tbsp rf houmous (1.5 syn), 3 mikado (1.5 syns)

Lunch - Jacket potato w/ chilli con carne (tinned tomatoes, red peppers, red onion), 20g rf cheddar (HEXa)

Dinner (at OH's parents) - Chicken, beef, peppers, onion, tomato in fajita spice (4 syns for any oil) w/ rice, ff natural yoghurt & cucumber, 1 tbsp rf guacamole (1 syn)

Pudding - 2 mini meringues (2 syns), mixed berries, ff natural yoghurt, 1 tbsp apple puree (1 syn)

3 tea w/ semi-skimmed milk (HEXa)
Water
Sparkling water
Small red wine (4.5 syns)

Total syns = 15.5

We had fajitas for dinner so I made some rice to go with mine instead of having wraps and it was really yummy! I avoided the ice cream for pudding too. It wasn't too difficult to make my meal SW-friendly tbh as I hate tortilla wraps and I only eat ice cream when it's hot so I can't put it down to willpower really
:eek:

Last edited:
Aww thats great news congratulations, It looks like new beginnings for you both, good luck with it xx

vintagepockets said:
We've got the mortgage agreed so we just need to make the offer! Eek!

We're going to the OH's parents for dinner tonight so I don't know what we'll be having but the request was made for 'something healthy' so we'll see. I'll be having a glass of wine if it's offered though as it's been a good news day!

Food Diary...

Snack - carrots, grapes, 1 tbsp rf houmous (1.5 syn), 3 mikado (1.5 syns)

Lunch - Jacket potato w/ chilli con carne (tinned tomatoes, red peppers, red onion), 20g rf cheddar (HEXa)

Dinner - tbc

3 tea w/ semi-skimmed milk (HEXa)
Water
Sparkling water

Total syns = tbc

Congrats on mortgage, thats absolutely brilliant news, hooray!

Thanks guys! It's exciting but also a little bit scary!

I can imagine it's a mix of both. All that mortgage stuff sounds a little overwhelming, and I suppose living there will be a big change but it is a new chapter in your lives :) Lots of positive things in store, being able to develop your career and have children, and how much fun will it be sussing out the eateries, restaurants and supermarkets that you will grow to love when you live there! Lots of space and alone time for you both as well, a fresh start of sorts!

I can't seem to stop eating chocolate at the moment! It's not normally like me as I don't usually crave it that often. I need to get better willpower though as I keep going over my syns!

Food diary...

Snack - carrot, grapes, 35g Philadelphia light (HEXa)

Lunch - curried cauliflower soup, wholemeal roll (HEXb), 1 tbsp houmous (1.5 syns)

Snack - 3 mikado (1.5 syns), treatsize timeout (4 syns)

Dinner - chicken, prawn & chorizo paella (2 syns) (red onion, peppers)

Pudding - toffee crisp (11.5 syns)

4 tea w/ semi-skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 20.5 (whoops!)

Last edited:
I am the same with chocolate I don't really crave or have it that often, but when I do crave it I go mad looking for it and can not gett enough for a few days and then it vanishes and I don't want it again for months. I hope your weekend is going well x

I made the OH French Toast for breakfast. The OH said he thought we were having a good day, but when I told him this was virtually free he was chuffed to bits! I didn't have any as I wanted a bread free day but this will definitely be a regular weekend breakfast from now on.

Recipe - http://myslimlinerecipebook.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/french-toast.html

2012-11-18%252011.12.35.jpg

Food Diary...

Breakfast - mixed berries, ff natural yoghurt, 35g jordans natural muesli (HEXb), 1 tsp honey (1 syn)

Lunch - pork loin (fat removed), tesco Maris piper mash (2 syns), sw mustard sauce (1 syn), peas, green beans, broccoli

Dessert - slice of fruit pie (8 syns)

Dinner - pasta w/ 1 tbsp pesto (1.5 syns), red onion, pepper, bacon (fat removed), 20g rf cheddar (HEXa)

Snack - 3 matchmakers (3 syns)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
1 herbal tea
Sparkling water
1 small red wine (4.5 syns)

Total syns = 21

I'm determined to stay within syns this week! I'm still sticking to plan but I'm struggling to stay below 15 at the moment.

Lunch...
I used the apple and mustard sauce recipe from BritMum's blog but I didn't end up eating the apple as it was quite hard so I will cook it for longer next time. The OH didn't seem to mind though!
2012-11-18%252014.14.53.jpg

Dinner...
2012-11-18%252019.37.36.jpg

Last edited:
scrub that question...I just found it on your recipe blog, thanks. I'll make yours next time, before I found it I experimented with philidelphia light, wholegrain mustard, mustard powder salt & pepper and a bit of semi skimmed milk, it wasn't too bad, a bit thick though.

scrub that question...I just found it on your recipe blog, thanks. I'll make yours next time, before I found it I experimented with philidelphia light, wholegrain mustard, mustard powder salt & pepper and a bit of semi skimmed milk, it wasn't too bad, a bit thick though.

That sounds good though. Well done on maintaining! I'm really struggling to stay below syns at the moment. I'm blaming the time of year over motivation as I'm still sticking to the plan but averaging between 15-20 syns a day. I really need to cut back and stay within 10-15. I'm also finding that I'm a bit more relaxed with it at weekends but still mainly on plan. How do you manage the plan now that you're at target? Are you still staying within your syns? xx

P.S. Haha I've just noticed that we've lost exactly the same amount. Although I think the scales will be saying 10st 5lbs tomorrow after this weekend! Takeaway on Friday night and pub lunch on Saturday
:eek:

I think I'm struggling with syns because I'm working and so snacking more. At about this time every afternoon I desperately crave chocolate so I've just made myself a hot choc in the hope that I sate it. I also had a packet of wotsits today so I have to have a syn free evening to stay below 15! Argh!

Food Diary...

Snack - carrots, 1 tbsp rf houmous (1.5 syns)

Lunch - wholemeal roll (HEXb) w/ ham, 20g rf cheddar (HEXa), lettuce, cucumber, 1 tbsp el mayo (0.5 syn), 2 tsps el flora (1 syn), wotsits (5 syns)

Snack - grapes, 2 mikado (1 syn)

Dinner (planned) - fragrant chicken stir-fry made w/ soy sauce, half a pt chicken stock,1 tsp chicken bovril, ginger, red chilli, garlic, babycorn, mangetout, broccoli, spring onions and SW egg fried rice

Snack - 3 matchmakers (3 syns)

Half a Highlights hot choc (1 syn)
2 tea w/ semi-skimmed milk (HEXa)
1 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling Water

Total syns = 13

Last edited:
I believe in you Vintagepockets, I think you will definitely stay within your syns tonight, and your dinner sounds absolutely gorgeous too so hopefully it won't be too hard.

What are these Mikado for half a syn people seem to be raving about? I want to try them!!

Also, that french toast looks gorgeous!

x

We bought a house today!

Thanks guys. We’re going out for dinner to celebrate our offer getting accepted on the house! It’s so exciting. If all goes smoothly then we should be moving in in January. What a great way to start the new year! :D

Food Diary…

Breakfast – magic porridge (HEXb), banana, mixed berries

Snack – Carrots, 1 tbsp rf houmous (1.5 syns)

Lunch – Pasta w/ 2 tbsp el mayo (1 syn), 30g rf cheddar (HEXa), sweetcorn, cucumber, red onion

Snack – grapes

Dinner out (planned) –
Starter = Smoked mackerel and horseradish Pâté served with fresh brown toast
Main = Grilled hake coated in a prawn and herb crust, served with new potatoes, saffron mayo and salad

Probably a glass of red wine or prosecco
3 tea w/ semi-skimmed milk
(HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = over again but it's for a good reason :eek:

Back