Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

suzyflo said:
Who's a lucky girl then?! You've done really well there :)

I know and it was so unexpected! I've only been there 5 weeks and was only expecting a card - and that's only because I caught someone writing in it lol! I was really sad to go as it was such a lovely office but the woman I was covering for is returning to work on Monday :(

Yesterday's Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, blueberries, activia 0%, 35g Jordans natural muesli (HEXb)

Snack - apple, 1 choc orange segment (2 syns)

Lunch - jacket potato w/ ham 40g Philadelphia light (HEXa), salad

Snack - grapes, activia snackpot (1 syn)

Dinner - Chicken & Chorizo Paella (6 syns for 45g Chorizo) (red onion, pepper)

Lots of milk tray and half a bottle of red!

Total syns = ?

Dinner... The OH made this and it was incredible - no exaggeration!

Recipe - http://myslimlinerecipebook.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/chicken-chorizo-paella.html
2012-11-30%252020.03.33.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121201_144301.png
    ForumRunner_20121201_144301.png
    667.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
On my way to London to see friends so I'm not counting syns tonight. So far I've been on plan.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - French toast (HEXb) w/ 0% Greek yoghurt, mixed berries and banana

Lunch - pasta w/ ham, 25g rf cheddar (HEXa), red onion, sweetcorn, 2 tbsps el mayo (1 syn)

The rest of the day tbc!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! X

Breakfast...
IMG_20121201_144746..jpg

Last edited:
I had a great night in London catching up with friends. Lots of red wine was drank and I had a burger and chilli fries at an American Diner but I was more than a little bit tipsy at this point so I can't be held accountable :eek:! I actually wasn't that bothered about eating but since I hadn't eaten since 1pm then it was probably a good thing that I ate something even if it wasn't SW friendly.

Yesterday wasn't on plan but it wasn't horrendous either considering it was a hangover day. Breakfast was 2 slices seeded bread with margarine, lunch was a Duck Gyoza Noodle Soup from Eat on the train. Then when I was back in Cheltenham we had roast lamb with roast potatoes (which I didn't realise were cooked in goose fat
:mad:) and steamed veg at the OH's parents, followed by fresh pineapple and ff natural yoghurt. We got the munchies later on so I had cheese (from my HEXa allowance) on toast with ketchup whilst watching homeland. Like I said, not the best day but certainly not the worst either!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 small wholemeal (HEXb), 2 WW sausages (1 syn), baked beans, poached egg, 2 tsps flora el (1 syn)

Lunch - banana, mixed berries, ff natural yoghurt, 1 tsp sweet freedom (0.5 syns)

Dinner - we're eating out as we're watching the OH's mum sing at a xmas concert. I'll pick something SW friendly (hopefully!)

Sparkling water
1 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)

Total syns = tbc

Breakfast...

2012-12-03%252011.20.44.jpg

Lunch...

2012-12-03%252015.51.33.jpg

Here is the Sweet Freedom I put on top of the berries. We picked it up from the Wholefoods market. It tastes a bit like golden syrup so I'll be trying this out on some hot porridge this week! It's 0.5 syns per tsp so it's better than the alternative :).
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Last edited:
It was so yummy. I'm going to be making it again at the weekend I think as it's so much better than takeaway.

I'm planning on making sea bass tonight so I'll be checking out Slimming Eats for some inspiration as I remember you making a ginger and soy sauce dish with it. I can't wait!

I'm not working this week so I'm enjoying some quality time with the OH and I'm looking forward to getting experimental in the kitchen. I've gots lots of lovely meals planned so it should be a good SW week!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 35g porridge (HEXb), 150ml water/150ml skimmed milk (HEXa), banana, mixed berries, 1 tbsp sweet freedom (1 syn)

Lunch - potato wedges w/ smoked salmon, grated carrot and 25g philadelphia light (HExa) mixed with 0% greek yoghurt, salt & pepper

Snack - 1 thorntons chocolate (3 syns)

Dinner - Asian-Style Sea Bass with Fragrant Vegetables (spring onion, courgette, tenderstem broccoli, babycorn, mangetout) and boiled rice

Pudding - 2 mini meringues (2 syns), mixed berries, ff natural yoghurt, 1 matchmaker (1 syn)

Midnight munchies - activita 0%, blueberries

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa + 1 syn)
Sparkling water
2 herbal tea

Total syns = 8

Lunch...
I made potato wedges for me and the OH for lunch after spotting them on the menu of the pub we popped into for a drink in town. I made cheese, bacon and spring onion wedges for the OH, with a dollop of 0% greek yoghurt. And I had them with smoked salmon, philadelphia, 0% greek yoghurt and grated carrot. They were yum!

The OH's...
2012-12-04%252014.29.26.jpg

Mine (pre and post the carrot being added)
2012-12-04%252014.27.44.jpg
2012-12-04%252014.28.00.jpg

Dinner...this was so delicious, definitely recommend trying this one. I remember BritMum doing an asian stirfry dish with sea bass and so I snooped at a few recipes online and took inspiration from a recipe I found on the Good Food website (which can be found here - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3366/sea-bass-with-sizzled-ginger-chilli-and-spring-oni)

Here was the result! I also made some fragrant veg based on the pork stir fry I've done before. I'll definitely be doing this again! :drool:
Recipe - http://myslimlinerecipebook.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/asian-style-sea-bass-with-fragrant.html
IMG_20121204_192446.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered the Mayflower medium curry sauce mix from Amazon, which arrived today, after reading that it tastes just like a takeaway Chinese Curry sauce. It comes to 4 syns per 100ml without oil so it's lower than a takeaway and so it's worth a try so I can attempt to sate my Friday night takeaway craving. I've tried to research syns in a takeaway chinese chicken curry on a few occasions but I've found it hard to find an answer (I contacted SW this week in the hope that they can shed light on the debate and also add it to syns online). After looking at myfitnesspal and a bit of guesstimation I've come to the conclusion that it comes to about 17.5 syns for an average 350g portion (which we all know is less than most takeaway weights) which sounds about right as it's really creamy and oily. So I'm hoping this sauce will save me lots of syns and also money! I'm planning on giving it a go at the weekend and test it out on my little sister too as it's also her favourite.

I also picked up some popcorn from M&S whilst in town today. I absolutely love the cheese and onion flavour and it occured to me last week that they were less than 100 cals a pack so the same as a low syn packet of crisps. I can't wait to have a pack. I might treat myself to some tomorrow as I'm trying to keep today low syn to make up for last night. The concert was lovely, but we went for dinner before and I shared a continental meat platter, which came with white baguette and quince jelly which I could not resist. There is just something about bread that completely breaks my resolve. I then had venison with bubble and squeak mash and steamed veg. It came with a mushroom and truffle sauce which I asked to be served on the side. I only ended up having a little bit of the sauce itself and just ended up eating the mushrooms. It was absolutely delicious but I was stuffed afterwards. I avoided the wine and stuck to sparkling water and had the tinniest mince pie you've ever seen during the interval, so it wasn't terrible but definitely over syns. I'm hoping to have a low syn week to make up for my naughty weekend.

2012-12-04%252013.46.55.jpg

Ooh and whilst looking up the syns for the Mayflower sauce I spotted that Morrisons Curried Beans with Sultanas in a Curry Sauce is free. I'm going to see if I can pick those up this week as they'd be great for lunch with some rice and veg.

The mayflower curry sauce is amazing, I usually add some chillies and onions to give it a wee kick, it is just like a Chinese curry, enjoy. I got mine from farmfoods for £1 a tub absolute bargain x

OHHHH I did not know the mayflower curry was sauce was so low in syns, Its lovely very Chinese curry like, I must get some. Those wedges look lovely hun :D

Oh great if I like it I'll see if I can get it in Farmfoods as it was a couple of quid to get it delivered. I hope it's nice!

Wow I've just been looking at Wagamama syns on the SW site as someone asked after the Chicken Ramen syns (27.5!!!) and they are through the roof! You'd think they'd be relatively low syn!? Obviously not.

Yesterday's Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, blueberries, activia 0%, 35g Jordans natural muesli (HEXb)

Snack - apple, 1 choc orange segment (2 syns)

Lunch - jacket potato w/ ham 40g Philadelphia light (HEXa), salad

Snack - grapes, activia snackpot (1 syn)

Dinner - Chicken & Chorizo Paella (6 syns for 45g Chorizo) (red onion, pepper)

Lots of milk tray and half a bottle of red!

Total syns = ?

Dinner... The OH made this and it was incredible - no exaggeration!

Recipe -My Slimline Recipe Book: Chicken & Chorizo Paella
2012-11-30%252020.03.33.jpg

The Paella looks amazing. I regularly send your recipes to my OH and he attempted to make something like this and he was so chuffed with himself, he loved it!

The Wagamama stuff seems crazy. Sometimes I wonder about Slimming World... like as if they don't want our obsession to be a food outlet as opposed to their own stuff. I'm probably just being pessimistic though. I went to Wagamama take away on Friday night and I ordered a dish that basically came with noodles (they informed me they come in a little oil in their packaging so lets even say 6 syns), lots of veg, a chicken fillet and about a tablespoon of Terryake sauce. They cooked it in no oil as I told them I am very allergic. There is no way it was more than 10 syns. It was so dry :( Id say normally with the oil its m

I expect there is a lot of oil in the broth as all of the ramens are so high. I'm sure the dish you had wouldn't have been too bad but not as tasty like you said. Oil is part of the reason why naughty food tastes SO good!

We just finished a big batch of paella that we made for my parents - it was very yummy and they seemed to enjoy it too!

babytreetrunk89 said:
so is the popcorn four syns??? i love savoury popcorn especially cheese mmmm
that sweet freedom looks nice might have to get some.. what does it taste like? xx

Yeah its 75 cals a bag so about 4 syns! They're SO yummy! The sweet freedom tastes like golden syrup and only 0.5 syns per tsp. I really like it and it's really sweet so you don't need much. X

thanks will definitely be picking them up :D

with the berries do you buy them frozen then defrost??

i have berries in my freezer but i dont know how to defrost them so they just get left :) x

I have a little tupperware box full of frozen berries that I store in the fridge. That way they defrost and I have them at hand. I then just refill the tupperware from the berries in the freezer when they run out so I don't defrost the whole lot in one go. Otherwise, I just defrost them in the microwave but make sure that they don't cook or else they'll be synned.

Back