Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

That's great news, congratulations to you both xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww Tracey that's so lovely. I know what you mean about feeling like friends.

It was private - just us 2 in our hotel room with champagne and Jools Holland counting down to midnight! It honestly was perfect.

Thanks everyone! :D xx

Hi hun, just popping on after a short absence to say hello and happy new year!

Congratulations on your engagement!! What a wonderful way to start the new year:) xxx

oh wow congratulations hunny, I a so pleased for you, what a fab start to the year :)

Thanks everyone for your lovely messages! We're very happy!!!

New Year was more extravagent than Christmas food and drink wise so I'm not expecting to be quite so fortunate with the scales when I WI tomorrow morning!

The Damage...
The day before NYE we had chippy chips with our steak.
NYE consisted of Afternoon Tea with cakes, scones and finger sandwiches. Then dinner in the evening was Crispy Duck Salad followed by Sea Bass w/ scallops, saffron potatoes, fennel and a seafood sauce. Plus wine and champagne (obviously :))
NY day was a posh English Breakfast (poached egg, bacon (I removed the fat), sausage, mushroom, tomato, brown toast, real butter and raspberry jam) plus more champagne. Then a burger w/ cheese and bacon and fries for dinner at the hotel in the evening and a bottle of lager.

I've tried to get back on plan yesterday and today but it's not been completely strict as I haven't been counting syns and I accidently doubled up on HEXb yesterday. Food diary has roughly been this.

Yesterday's Food Diary...

Breakfast (at the hotel) - muesli (HEXb), low fat yoghurt (syns unknown), mixed berries, apple

Lunch (at home) - pasta w/ 1 tbsp pesto (1.5 syns), spring onion, red pepper, babycorn, mangetout, rf cheddar (HEXa), bacon (fat removed)

Dinner - 2 small wholemeal (second HEXb whoops!), 2 tsps el flora (1 syn), baked beans, 2 frylight fried eggs

Snacks - 1 clotted cream shortbread (about 6 syns), 1 thorntons chocolate (about 2.5 syns)

Tea w/ skimmed milk
Herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = ?

Today's Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 small wholemeal (HEXb), smoked mackerel pate (HEXa), banana

Lunch (out) - jacket potato w/ tuna mayo and salad (5 syns for mayo?)

Dinner - Pork Fried Rice (mangetout, red onion, red pepper) w/ 75ml mayflower curry sauce (3 syns)

Snacks - 4 chocolates (10 syns), 2 jelly babies (2 syns)

Tea w/ skimmed milk
Herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = ?

Dinner...
I love this sauce it tastes just like takeaway Chinese curry sauce
2013-01-03%252018.33.53.jpg
2013-01-03%252018.34.48.jpg

Out for dinner tomorrow night with family to celebrate the engagement and then seeing family over the weekend too so I won't be able to be on plan but I'll try my best to avoid the chocolates! We have so many in the house at the moment!

WI this morning and I've STS at 9st 10lbs. I don't know what the hell is going on with my body at the moment! Obviously happy with no gain although the OH is worried that I keep losing weight and he'd prefer it if I was over 10st. It's not like I haven't been trying with all the food over NY I was sure I'd gained. At least this means I can relax over the weekend.

vintagepockets said:
WI this morning and I've STS at 9st 10lbs. I don't know what the hell is going on with my body at the moment! Obviously happy with no gain although the OH is worried that I keep losing weight and he'd prefer it if I was over 10st. It's not like I haven't been trying with all the food over NY I was sure I'd gained. At least this means I can relax over the weekend.

I am so insanely jealous!

I gain weight so quickly and would have probably been up 3/4 pounds after a weekend away. It's brilliant though. You must be thrilled! Any nice plans for the weekend?

It's weird as when I finished uni I lost about a stone without trying mainly due to not drinking as much booze then pretty much stayed at 11st 2lbs for 3 years until I gained those 10lbs at the end of 2011. Must just be the way my body works - it gets to a comfortable weight then stays there. Obviously if I went back to eating exactly what I wanted all the time I'd gain but maybe I'm able to get away with the occasional couple of days of indulgence? Weird! But good weird!

My main concern is people thinking I'm trying to lose weight still. I pointed out to the OH that I weigh the same as my sister and mum but then he said that my sister is shorter than me and I'm bigger boned than both of them (I'm a size 8 in shoes, my hands, wrists and ankles are huge and I have my dads side of the family's hips and bum). If I had the same body shape as them I'd weigh less so should aim for 10st as a maintaining weight. I have to agree with him so 10st is the goal!

I'm a size 8 in shoes also :) am also big boned in terms of wrists and hands etc. In my head i'm dainty though lol!

Thats an amazing way to be hun. Being good 80% of the time and maintaining but knowing that the little splurges, events, weekends away, and holidays etc won't affect you in a big way.

That's basically my dream. 10stone ish is alao my goal weight. Prob more like 10.5 because i'm 5 foot 7.5 but we shall see. Long way to go!

X

Same height as me! Hence why my current weight is a bit too low. We seem to have lots in common lol x

We had a lovely evening on Friday celebrating the engagement with our families. I wore my green slinky dress that I posted up on here and everyone commented on how slim I looked :D! We went to the bar I've been working in and I had Thai Green curry which had loads of veg in and came with boiled rice - it was really good! Here's a pic of me and the OH with our proud Mum's.

_facebook_-62546532.jpg

Yesterday we went to see the OHs sisters and Dad in Cardiff which was lovely. We hadn't seen them since we got back from traveling so we exchanged Xmas pressies and talked weddings. The OH has 2 older sisters in their early forties and 2 younger sisters who are in their late teens (his Dad's been married three times and has 2 kids with each wife). It was lovely catching up with them and it's exciting that they'll soon be my official in-laws!

I've been on plan(ish) today...

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 ww sausages (1 syn), baked beans, frylight fried egg, 1 slice crusty bread (HEXb maintainers tweak), 1 tsp flora el (0.5 syns)

Lunch - leftover chilli con carne (tinned tomatoes, red pepper, red onion)

Dinner - chicken dhansak, aloo saag, pilau rice and asda mini naan (5 syns) (tomatoes, spinach, red onion, red pepper), 1 tbsp mango chutney (1.5 syns)

Snacks - 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns), 1 lindt ball (4 syns), 3 chunks montezuma chocolate (3 syns), popchips (5 syns)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
2 herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = 23.5

Dinner... I used my slow cooker, which we got from the OHs parents, for the first time today to make the dhansak and it turned out great. We're going to try to do pulled pork in it tomorrow and I'm going to do a lamb tagine from one of my recipe books I got for Xmas! I can't wait!

2013-01-06%252019.05.41.jpg
2013-01-06%252019.13.37.jpg

Last edited:
We're off to see a wedding venue tomorrow! It feels a bit soon but we want to get married in Gloucestershire and seeing as we're living here at the moment it seems to make sense to book the venue before we make the move to Manchester. It also seems that people book their venues about 3 years in advance so apparently we need to get a move on!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, blueberries, ff natural yoghurt, 1 tsp sweet freedom (0.5 syns)

Lunch - leftover Chicken Dhansak (tinned tomatoes, red onion, red pepper), boiled rice, 1 asda mini naan (5 syns)

Snack - 1 lindt ball (4 syns), 1 choc orange segment (2 syns)

Dinner - BBQ Pulled Pork
(1 syn) in a wholemeal roll (HEXb) w/ SW Chips, corn on the cob, lettuce, red onion, red pepper, spring onions, 1 tbsp coleslaw (carrot, cabbage, red onion) (2 syns)

Dessert - turkish delight mullerlight (yummy!)

1 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
1 herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = 14.5

Dinner...
another one done in the slow cooker and it was absolutely gorgeous! I'm looking forward to leftovers tomorrow already!

Recipe -
http://myslimlinerecipebook.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/bbq-pulled-pork.html

2013-01-07%252020.17.23.jpg
2013-01-07%252020.17.28.jpg
2013-01-07%252020.12.55.jpg

Last edited:
I need to buy another pork joint ASAP! I did the Chinese one last time will have to search for BBQ recipe. Your dinner looks fab.

Good luck with the venue hunt. There are some lovely places near Tewkesbury. We've said a house is first so I try not to get excited about a wedding yet :-(

We had a lovely evening on Friday celebrating the engagement with our families. I wore my green slinky dress that I posted up on here and everyone commented on how slim I looked :D! We went to the bar I've been working in and I had Thai Green curry which had loads of veg in and came with boiled rice - it was really good! Here's a pic of me and the OH with our proud Mum's.

View attachment 73583

Yesterday we went to see the OHs sisters and Dad in Cardiff which was lovely. We hadn't seen them since we got back from traveling so we exchanged Xmas pressies and talked weddings. The OH has 2 older sisters in their early forties and 2 younger sisters who are in their late teens (his Dad's been married three times and has 2 kids with each wife). It was lovely catching up with them and it's exciting that they'll soon be my official in-laws!

I've been on plan(ish) today...

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 ww sausages (1 syn), baked beans, frylight fried egg, 1 slice crusty bread (HEXb maintainers tweak), 1 tsp flora el (0.5 syns)

Lunch - leftover chilli con carne (tinned tomatoes, red pepper, red onion)

Dinner - chicken dhansak, aloo saag, pilau rice and asda mini naan (5 syns) (tomatoes, spinach, red onion, red pepper), 1 tbsp mango chutney (1.5 syns)

Snacks - 1 ferrero rocher (3.5 syns), 1 lindt ball (4 syns), 3 chunks montezuma chocolate (3 syns), popchips (5 syns)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
2 herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = 23.5

Dinner... I used my slow cooker, which we got from the OHs parents, for the first time today to make the dhansak and it turned out great. We're going to try to do pulled pork in it tomorrow and I'm going to do a lamb tagine from one of my recipe books I got for Xmas! I can't wait!

2013-01-06%252019.05.41.jpg
2013-01-06%252019.13.37.jpg

That looks incredible!

Can you post the recipes for all this in your recipe book? I really want to make this exact meal! It looks like a take-away, in the best possible way.

Glad you had a nice weekend, sounds lovely :)

We're off to see a wedding venue tomorrow! It feels a bit soon but we want to get married in Gloucestershire and seeing as we're living here at the moment it seems to make sense to book the venue before we make the move to Manchester. It also seems that people book their venues about 3 years in advance so apparently we need to get a move on!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, blueberries, ff natural yoghurt, 1 tsp sweet freedom (0.5 syns)

Lunch - leftover Chicken Dhansak (tinned tomatoes, red onion, red pepper), boiled rice, 1 asda mini naan (5 syns)

Snack - 1 lindt ball (4 syns), 1 choc orange segment (2 syns)

Dinner - BBQ Pulled Pork
(1 syn) in a wholemeal roll (HEXb) w/ SW Chips, corn on the cob, lettuce, red onion, red pepper, spring onions, 1 tbsp coleslaw (carrot, cabbage, red onion) (2 syns)

Dessert - turkish delight mullerlight (yummy!)

1 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
1 herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = 14.5

Dinner...
another one done in the slow cooker and it was absolutely gorgeous! I'm looking forward to leftovers tomorrow already!

Recipe -
My Slimline Recipe Book: BBQ Pulled Pork

2013-01-07%252020.17.23.jpg
2013-01-07%252020.17.28.jpg
2013-01-07%252020.12.55.jpg

That's it, I am definitely getting a slow cooker. 100%! Are they expensive? Hard to use?

When you say slow,like how slow? Would you leave it all day while in work? Seems like that would waste a LOT of electricity to leave something plugged in for that long!

Looks so so tasty and I want to try it now! Im also soooo hungry!

Wow hunny you really have had a hectic new year. Love the family pic with the mums, you all look so happy :) Your food is looking great as usual I think I may be stealing an idea or two from you. Enjoy the wedding venue visit, when I was getting married I loved that part, in fact I got quite emotional over it imagining the day and how it would go. Looking forward to hear how you got on :)

I think that slow cookers are pretty cheap. When I was looking for one I found them for £20. You do leave it on all day with certain dishes but I'm not sure about electricity costs - may be worth a Google before you invest?

Both recipes are on the blog hun and I can definitely recommend them! X

It was really nice looking around the venues and we saw one we really liked but need to view a few more before we make any decisions although I would of happily just booked that one there and then. Now that I'm finally allowing myself to think about the day it's getting pretty exciting x

Back