Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

I can't seem to keep away from the sweet stuff today! Plus I doubled up on my HEXb again! Still maintaining as of WI this morning and not really counting syns today hence why they're probably so high.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 small wholemeal w/ smoked mackerel pate (HEXa), banana

Lunch - BBQ pulled pork (1 syn) in wholemeal roll w/ lettuce, red pepper, red onion, cucumber, corn on the cob, 1 tbsp coleslaw (2 syns?)

Dinner - Asian pan-fried Sea Bass w/ vegetable egg fried rice (red onion, red pepper, spring onion, mangetout, broccoli, babycorn)

Snacks (throughout day) - half a fruit scone w/ clotted cream & jam, 3 milk tray, 2 miniature heroes, 1 mint thorntons, 1 fererro rocher (whoops!!!)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
1 honeybush tea (yum! I'll be adding these to my tea collection)
1 herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = LOTS!

Dinner...

ForumRunner_20130108_221735.png

Vintage could you please point me in the direction for your pulled pork recipe, also what kinda joint do I ask for at the butchers I've never made pork before lol x

I love Seabass its been so long since I had it. You are doing so well at maintaining hun, as a lot of people have said they thought trying to maintain is harder than trying to loose the weight in the first place, do you find this? I am a long way of having to worry about it but I like to think ahead :D

Vintage could you please point me in the direction for your pulled pork recipe, also what kinda joint do I ask for at the butchers I've never made pork before lol x

Yeah sure it's on my blog. Link here in signature below.

The recipes I found recommend a pork tenderloin or pork shoulder. Basically use a joint with as little fat on it as possible and trim any excess fat off as it will just melt and cause lumps of melted fat in with your pulled pork which wouldn't be too pleasant nor SW friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you xx

I always use pork shoulder for pulled pork, and cut all the fat off. X

HELLO! Happy New Year :) I think you got engaged just before I went awol but if I haven't already said it, congrats! I have to say, that dinner looks amazing. Pretty please, can I have the dhansak recipe? Planning a dhansak for Friday night AND I also have a new slow cooker and I'm completely in love with it! Coming home to a hot meal after a hard day at work, perfect. Even made a breakfast brown rice thing in it overnight, but oversweetened it (with splenda, urgh) so will try again without the sweetener, and stick with a tad of natural sweetener once it's in my bowl. Loving your curry night!

HELLO! Happy New Year :) I think you got engaged just before I went awol but if I haven't already said it, congrats! I have to say, that dinner looks amazing. Pretty please, can I have the dhansak recipe? Planning a dhansak for Friday night AND I also have a new slow cooker and I'm completely in love with it! Coming home to a hot meal after a hard day at work, perfect. Even made a breakfast brown rice thing in it overnight, but oversweetened it (with splenda, urgh) so will try again without the sweetener, and stick with a tad of natural sweetener once it's in my bowl. Loving your curry night!

Yeah sure. It was one from a SW mag but I added some spices and changed a couple of the ingredients as it originally came out too much like a soup. I did mine in the slow cooker too. I absolutely love mine I think I'm going to attempt a tagine in it in over the weekend - I can't wait! Also going to try my chilli con carne recipe in it too. So many options!

And thanks hun. It's very exciting!

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you make your breakfast rice dish? Is it a bit like a rice pudding? Sounds yum!

We went to see a wedding venue on Tuesday and I had a bit of a freak out when we got home about how bloody expensive it's going to be! It made me feel very stressed as I don't even have a proper job at the moment! But then I realised that actually my priorities are...

1) Sort my career in Manchester out
2) Move and settle into our new home
3) Plan a wedding

We'd still like to continue to view venues whilst we're still living in Cheltenham so we can get an idea of what we like, and if we do find a place we love we can book it after we've moved and we're both back in work. Luckily the OH has only taken time off so actually has a job to go back to. I, on the other hand, am starting from scratch - new city, new career path! Eek! It's both daunting and frustrating as I feel at 26 that I should be in my career already rather than starting at the bottom (again). But I'd rather that than return to the world of TV production!

Last edited:
I've been reading a couple of threads about maintaining and a few have suggested increasing your HEXs. I had two HEXb's today and yesterday so I was thinking that I'll double them a few days a week and see how that goes. But I do need to not just be having bread and try to make sure that the days I'm doubling up I have cereal too.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 small wholemeal (HEXb 1), scrambled egg, smoked salmon, 2 tsps flora el (1 syn)

Lunch - ham & rf cheese (HEXa) toastie made w/ 2 small wholemeal (HEXb 2), 2 tsps flora el (1 syn), wotsits (5 syns)

Dinner - pasta w/ 1 tbsp pesto (1.5 syns), red onion, red pepper, bacon (fat removed), 1 ww sausage (0.5 syns), rf cheddar (HEXa)

Snacks - 2 ferrero rocher (7 syns), 1 thorntons (2.5 syns)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
2 herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = 18.5

Eek I've been REALLY bad with superfree today!

Update: had a banana and 0% Greek yogurt as I was hungry after finishing work and thought I should get some fruit in.

Last edited:
Don't worry about restarting a career now love! I am just in my 2nd year at Uni and am 28 with 2 kids, I well feel I should be a good few years up a ladder but have a whopping 5 more years at Uni then pre med training, if I even get on the course! Or pass my degree. So scary! Eek!

You'll do great, don't worry! Most people have lots of careers now, not just 1 big one that lasts a lifetime xx

Thanks hun. Wow well done you. I knew you were doing a degree but I realised I don't know what you're studying? What's the career you're studying towards?

I now want to get into Education Administration as it seems like an interesting and varied career and much more suited to my personality than media and marketing ever was. As I have no experience at all in education I'm thinking of doing further study as there's an open university course that the Education Administration Union recommends. I'm going to try my luck and apply for a few jobs first just in case I can get in without having to fork out more time and money on study. It may be worth my while to do it anyway but I'd rather learn on the job if I can. At least I know what I'm working towards now though as it was scarier when I didn't have a clue what I was looking for!

Chin up both of you, I started uni at at 32 and completed my degree last year. Just a shane the permanent job situation sucks at the moment x

I love Seabass its been so long since I had it. You are doing so well at maintaining hun, as a lot of people have said they thought trying to maintain is harder than trying to loose the weight in the first place, do you find this? I am a long way of having to worry about it but I like to think ahead :D

It's not really harder but it's difficult working out how to strike a balance between not losing anymore but staying healthy. Also when I don't eat the SW way I get a bit worried that I'll gain weight and I'm slightly paranoid that I weigh more than my scales are telling me lol! I've definitely been treating myself more and I'm not as worried as I used to be when I went off plan. I should do more exercise though as I don't do any outside of work. Well done in doing the shred you're braver than me lol. I really should try doing it again! X

Chin up both of you, I started uni at at 32 and completed my degree last year. Just a shane the permanent job situation sucks at the moment x

That's great. The OH's sister has done her Psychology GCSE, A-level and Degree since I've known her and she's now applying for a PHD aged 42 in order to be an Educational Psychologist. I find it so inspiring. I really need to stop putting so much pressure on myself!

Last edited:
I'm doing something similar, I had to start right again, as I didn't do my a levels so a year of college, now I'm 2nd yr in joint honours in childhood studies and early years, then hopefully I'll get onto my masters in psychoanalytical observational studies which is 3 years, then another 4 years medical training in child psychotherapy, the last 4 is paid tho and I'd get a phd at the end so it's more like a job. Scary! But good as I could go anywhere in the world after it to work, which would be super cool! I got my first 70 yesterday in an essay, so pretty happy at the mo! Yay!

You'll be great, have a look on the prospects website as it'll tell you what you need, saying thy you probably already have! New careers are exciting! I spent like 10 years doing crap jobs I hated now I'm really looking forward to the future xx

Wow well done hun I bet you're chuffed to bits!

Yeah I've had a look at prospects and a various job descriptions online, and also spoken to the OHs mum as she works in higher education as does his step dad. There are certain jobs in that field that I'm not interested in as I have no interest in PA type jobs which some of them are. I'd much rather be responsible for helping to run a course/department and be involved in student support etc. Every job seems to be completely different to the next and they expect you to be adaptable to change and keen on learning which is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for as I get bored really easily!

Last edited:
I went to see the nurse today and thought I may as well jump on the scales whilst I was there even though I'd just eaten a mahoosive lunch and I was 64kg which is 10st 1lbs. Very chuffed and it put my mind to rest about the accuracy of my scales!

I tried a Chobani yoghurt today after reading about them on Honeyoc's diary and it was absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to go back to Tesco and buy some more. I think they're 2.5 syns but definitely worth it. I may need to switch to the plain ones instead of 0% Greek too as the Chobani yogurt wasn't even remotely sour just creamy and so yummy!

Back