Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Good day food wise today but I've had to guess syns as lunch was out and the shortbread had no calorie info.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - muesli (HEXb), banana, shape 0%

Lunch (out) - salad bits including a rice and bulgar wheat thing, spinach, rocket, grated carrot & cucumber, houmous (2 syns?)

Dinner - chicken & roasted red pepper risotto w/ 10g blue cheese (HEXa)

Snacks - shortbread (10 syns?), danio 0% (1 syn)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Pukka love tea
1 piece dairy milk (2 syns)

Total syns = 15

Dinner...
http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/ch...isotto-topped-with-crumbled-feta#.UX1ylrtZ6Xx
ForumRunner_20130428_201548.png

Last edited:
Oh hun that little stash from Wholefoods looks so exciting. Do they have a store in London? We're going to London in August so I would love it we got to visit.

Is the Pukka tea nice? Are they fruity?

That risotto looks gorgeous! I'm off to read the recipe :)

Have a great week in Cheltenham! Lots of pictures please, I love them :D

Oh hun that little stash from Wholefoods looks so exciting. Do they have a store in London? We're going to London in August so I would love it we got to visit.

Is the Pukka tea nice? Are they fruity?

That risotto looks gorgeous! I'm off to read the recipe :)

Have a great week in Cheltenham! Lots of pictures please, I love them :D

Yes there's a few in London just have a look on the website.

It depends if you buy a fruit flavour lol! I don't like fruit tea so never buy them. I'm much prefer spiced teas and vanilla/mint/chamomile ones. They've got loads of flavours so it just depends what you like the sound of!

It was really yummy. I never used to like rice based meals but now they're my favourites. I need to get a rice cookbook actually as I love risotto, paella and stirfries - basically anything with rice lol!

I'm the same as you on the tea front vp. That risotto looks fab!

Hope you have a really good week :)

Yes there's a few in London just have a look on the website.

It depends if you buy a fruit flavour lol! I don't like fruit tea so never buy them. I'm much prefer spiced teas and vanilla/mint/chamomile ones. They've got loads of flavours so it just depends what you like the sound of!

It was really yummy. I never used to like rice based meals but now they're my favourites. I need to get a rice cookbook actually as I love risotto, paella and stirfries - basically anything with rice lol!

LOL, I'll definitely look in to paying that shop a visit, it looks great! I am also a fan of the types of teas you mentioned. Which reminds me, I should really look in to ordering some TeaPigs ones that you all recommended. I think the Mayflower incident has scarred me for life though! haha. €40 for curry sauce :eek:

I too love rice dishes. We got lots of eggs at the weekend so I'm planning a nice egg fried rice to go with some port that we got. We got pork tenderloin. Does that work for pulled pork? We don't have a slow-cooker so hoping I can achieve something similar on a low and slow basis in the oven! Any tips?

Hope you're having a nice time at home x

I think fillet is best quickly cooked, and still a teeny bit pink, shoulder joints are better for slow cooking xx

Agree with Charl but I did use a fillet recently and it worked really well slow cooked. I actually preferred it to using shoulder as I hate trimming off the fat and then finding bits you've missed all congealed and soggy in the cooker :yuk:! I haven't tried it in the oven but the latest SW mag has a recipe for pulled pork done in the oven so just google it! (That's basically my answer to anything!) If you think you'll use it, I advise getting a slow cooker as they're only about £20 so really cheap. I really should use mine more and find some more slow cooker recipes to try out.

I'm enjoying being back in Cheltenham and have had a productive day and submitted a job app and also had a driving lesson! I passed my test in 2010, and drove for a few months after that as I needed my license for work, but then haven't needed to drive/been able to afford to since so I'm a bit out of practice. I really want to get a car and be able to get around Manchester without using the bus so I had a refresher lesson this morning. Despite some early nerves (not really helped by the instructor) I really enjoyed it and just want to get back behind the wheel asap. I've been on gumtree and found a few Ford Ka's I want to look at. It's been advised as a good first car and the insurance quotes I've gotten are pretty low. I've also seen a skoda fabia that I want to take a look at so fingers crossed I'll have a car by the end of next week! Exciting stuff :)

Anyone who has had one of these cars and can tell me whether they were good, or can advise on a good model to look at would be great. I'm looking for something small, reliable, good mileage with cheap insurance and under £1000 ideally!

Dan got a corsa the other day and his is 900 a year, he just passed his test a few weeks ago, it's a 1.4 petrol, was one of the lowest we found, ford fiestas (the newish shape not the really old one) were low too xx

Thanks hun I'll take a look. I am really liking the thought of a ford ka! Maybe it's because when I was 14 I wanted one! It's such a girl car. I've seen a lovely looking one from a dealer in stockport that I'm tempted to have a look at. What do you guys think?

ForumRunner_20130429_221301.png

Ka's are good little cars! I had one myself but I've just traded it in for an 08 Corsa! Only reason being I had driven the car up to 114,000 miles (past its shelf life I think!) and I'm driving up and the down the M6 everyday so wanted something a little sturdier! Only had one breakdown with it and that was the day I traded it in!!! Served me well :)

x

That's good to know thanks hun! I'm mainly going to be using it to get around the city so it should be perfect for my needs.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - muesli, ff yoghurt, banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries

Lunch - lf supernoodles, asda chilli beef, babycorn, cheese (HEXa)

Dinner - chicken, chorizo & prawn paella (red onion, red pepper, mangetout) (6 syns)

Snacks - peach & raspberries w/ danio 0% (1.5 syns), 4 chunks of teasers (5 syns)

1 tea w/ whole milk (HEXa)
1 pukka morning time tea

Total syns = 12.5

ForumRunner_20130430_214917.png

I've doubled up on my HEXb today and eating out tonight. It won't be an overly naughty meal as we're eating at a local noodle bar - Bar & Wok. Overall it's been a good maintaining week food wise, i.e. eating within plan but having a couple of extra treats and extra HEXs here and there.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - muesli (HEXb), ff yoghurt, banana, strawberries, blueberries

Lunch - 4 teeny pieces seeded bread (HEXb), baked beans, 2 frylight eggs, mushrooms

Dinner (out) - I'll have either BBQ char sui, chicken w/ mixed vegetables or chicken in szechuan (all with steamed rice)

Snacks - 5 pieces of teasers (6 syns)

Sparkling water

Total syns = tbc

Lunch...
%255BUNSET%255D

Yeah most big bars of choc are between 1-1.5 syns per chunk so easy to keep track of syns and sate that chocolate craving.

I keep buying food! I'd hate to write down how much I spend as it's probably a small fortune. I just get so tempted by new recipes and exciting looking food and treats. I've also got masses of chocolate at home as I buy it quicker than we eat it!

This is my latest stash that I couldn't resist:

ForumRunner_20130501_165516.png

The shortbreads are 1 syn each and the whips and crispies are 7 syns.

See now I could happily leave all that alone unless drunk or upset lol ;-)

We has those whips last week, they are SOOO yum! X

Back