Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

For a snack have you just been literally having a slice of ham and wrapping up some goats cheese, rocket and chilli jam? Sounds yum!

Yeah it's really nice, only problem being I'd already had my cheese allowance!

Can I ask you something, you know how your maintaining? Do you get more healthy extras or something? I am basically wondering how it gets to a point where your maintaining rather than losing, because you don't seem to be having extra healthy extras?

I don't know to be honest hun I've in the main been following the plan but I normally go over my syns everyday and the weekends can be a complete write off if booze is involved. I'm not having additional HEXs as I'm going over my syns but I seem to be maintaining in the main but I'm at a major risk of gaining as I'm being really crap atm and my willpower has been awful. Admittedly I could be a lot worse but I could also be a lot better!

Right here we go again! Naughty weekend and promises to have a good week! OH has finished his project in Gloucester and is starting a new one this week... in Manchester! We're both so pleased he's going to be working here and won't have to be away in the week. Finger's crossed it's a long project.

The OH has put on a bit of the weight he'd lost while he was off work as being back to staying in hotels and living off takeaways doesn't lead to the healthiest of lifestyles. He doesn't think he's gained much so he won't weigh himself but I can see he's gained a bit around his tummy bless him. I'll be cooking us both SW meals in the evening and I also said I'd do him a packed lunch when I'm making mine. He said he wants to eat healthier so back to SW for both of us!

Right here we go again! Naughty weekend and promises to have a good week! OH has finished his project in Gloucester and is starting a new one this week... in Manchester! We're both so pleased he's going to be working here and won't have to be away in the week. Finger's crossed it's a long project.

The OH has put on a bit of the weight he'd lost while he was off work as being back to staying in hotels and living off takeaways doesn't lead to the healthiest of lifestyles. He doesn't think he's gained much so he won't weigh himself but I can see he's gained a bit around his tummy bless him. I'll be cooking us both SW meals in the evening and I also said I'd do him a packed lunch when I'm making mine. He said he wants to eat healthier so back to SW for both of us!

Perfect excuse to get back at it and maybe try some new recipes or something :)

The OHs Mum is staying with us tonight so we're out for dinner at this place Gusto Didsbury. I have no idea what I'm going to have yet but it'll likely be pasta or fish and keep the syns low today.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, banana, danio 0% (1 syn)

Lunch - wholemeal roll (HEXb), flora light (1 syn), chutney (1 syn), 28g light brie (HEXa), 1 slice parma ham (0.5 syns), lettuce

Dinner (out) - tbc
Starter: carpaccio of bresaola w/ fried tallegio, ruby chard & lemon
Main: smoked salmon & dill trofiette tossed w/ cream, peas & spinach
Drinks: prosseco cocktail & small rose

Snacks - carrots, grapes, apple, edamame, mugshot, 2 mikado (1 syn)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns =
lots

Last edited:
Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, shape 0%

Lunch - 2 small wholemeal (HEXb), rf cheddar (HEXa), 1 parma ham (0.5 syns), el mayo (0.5 syns), flora light (1 syn)

Dinner - Pork, Chorizo & Chickpea Casserole w/ boiled potatoes (3 syns)

Snacks - wotsits (5 syns), grapes, mugshot, kitkat (5.5 syns)

3 tea w/ ss milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 15.5 (zero willpower - no chocolate for me tonight :()
Plus more for bread, paste, banana cake & red wine!
Total syns = lots!

Last edited:
I was just searching for recipes for the casserole I'm planning to make tonight and came across this... Thai pork & peanut curry | BBC Good Food

It sounds amazing but certainly not low syn. I'm going to work out the syns and give it a go on an otherwise low syn day I think.

Thai Pork & Peanut Curry - Serves 4

• 1 tbsp vegetable oil (replace w/ frylight)
  • bunch spring onions, sliced (free)
  • small bunch coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves picked (free)
  • 400g pork tenderloin, sliced (free)
  • 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste (6 syns)
  • 4 tbsp peanut butter (18 syns)
  • 1 tbsp soft brown sugar (3 syns)
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce (free)
  • 400ml can light coconut milk (17.5 syns)
  • 175g pack baby corn (free)
  • juice 1 lime (free)
  • steamed jasmine rice, to serve (free)

Total syns = 44.5
Syns per portion = 11
- that's not too bad actually!

Update: using a mullerlight instead of coconut milk/sugar
Total syns = 24
Syns per portion = 6

Last edited:
That's a good idea and worth a try. I haven't actually replaced coconut milk with mullers before - is it nice and does it work? I tried replacing it with that Koko milk and it was completely tasteless and all the liquid just got soaked up by the rice so there was no sauce.

Thanks hun I'll give that a go! Is it the muller greek yoghurts you use or muller lights?

Add to today 1 slice of crusty bread w/ paste and slice of homemade banana cake plus a large glass of red - whoops! The pork, chorizo and chickpea casserole was very yum although it took bloomin ages to make. I'll definitely be making it again though.

Here's the recipe if anyone fancies giving it a go...

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1940707/chorizo-pork-belly-and-chickpea-casserole-

I replaced the pork belly for sainsburys extra lean pork and used frylight instead of oil, and I served it with boiled potatoes.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, danio 0% (1 syn)

Lunch - sainsbury's tinned spicy tomato pasta (free!) w/ 1 babybel light (HEXa)

Dinner - Chilli con carne w/ rice (0.5 syns), 10g rf cheddar (HEXa)

Snacks - ryvita minis (HEXb), grapes, little bit of white bread (2 syns), 5 tortyrells (3.5 syns - guess), peach w/ muller light greek honeyed peach (0.5 syns)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Water & sparkling water
1 pukka love tea

Total syns = 7.5

Last edited:
I love your diary! Just put a reminder in my phone to buy ryvita minis! Thanks! Xx

I know they're great aren't they! I've seen them on other people's diaries but that's the first time I've bought them. It's great having 'crisps' as a HEXb as I don't always have bread/cereal!

I'm off to a hen party in Edinburgh tomorrow so there is almost zero chance of me being good over the weekend! I can today though! I'm going to make the Thai Pork & Coconut curry tonight using light coconut milk so that's 11 syns for dinner. I've had a pretty low syn day so far so I can 'afford' it!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 sm wholemeal (HEXb), flora light (1 syn), marmite

Lunch - leftover chilli con carne (red onion, peppers, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms) w/ tinned new potatoes & 1 babybel light (HEXa) stirred through

Dinner - Thai Pork & Coconut curry w/ rice (spring onions, babycorn, broccoli) (11 syns)

Snacks - strawberries & blueberries w/ mullerlight greek coconut (0.5 syns),
banana

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
1 pukka ginger tea
water

Total syns = 12.5

Recipe for dinner - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2838670/thai-pork-and-peanut-curry

Last edited:
Back