Extra easy pasta sauce recipe anybody??

Hello! I've just been to my first Slimming World meeting tonight and I'm so excited already about my new eating plan :) I was just wondering if anybody knew any pasta sauce recipes on the EE plan that was possibly syn free or only a few syns :)

Thankyou!! :)

Loren xx

Spag bol with extra lean miince tomatoes pepppers musrooms onions garlic herbs nd a bit chilli and tandoori for a spicy kick I also add oxo yum yum yum lol xx

Oh free by th way lol

Pete's Ragu Sauce

Pete’s Homemade Ragu
(Based on SW Mag March/April 2012)

Serves 4
Ingredients
1 Knorr “herb” stockpot
2 large onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
3 garlic cloves (sff)
1tbsp dried oregano
1tbsp dried basil
410g tin of chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
250g passata (s) (sff)
2tbsp tomato purees (s) (sff)
1tsp sweetener
Seasoning

Method

In a large pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion & garlic until soft.
Add the tomatoes, passata, sweetener and the herbs. Place the stockpot on top of the mixture and allow to infuse.

Simmer for 30 mins or until it thickens, then season.
Ragu Sauce (Small).JPG

Just made this quickly before my peppers go past their best. Freezable, great for BBQs/pack lunch as can be eaten cold, and syn free on all - (not sure if bacon needs to be HEB/synned on green as I don't do it) - also a great store cupboard sauce

Few rashers of bacon - smoked is better
1 decent sized onion - I prefer red - chopped small
Red, yellow, green peppers - chopped small
Garlic - to your taste
Crushed chillis or chilli powder - to your taste
1tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
1 heaped tsp Italian herbs
1 tub passata or tin chopped tomatoes
Tbsp or two of tomato puree
Tbsp sweetner
Frylight
Seasoning

1. Spray Frylight in a deep pan, add onions, garlic, herbs, chilli (remember you can add but not take away so if you don't like it too spicy use a small amount, more can be added) - and cook off on a low heat for a few minutes

2. Add the peppers and bacon, cook for five minutes or so

3. Add the passata and tomato puree and sweetner

4. Simmer and let it reduce, adding extra herbs, chillis, seasoning as you see fit

5. Stir into hot cooked pasta or fridge/freeze it

Lovely with HEA grated cheese on top

i made a chorizo tomato sauce today it was awesome 3 syns and served 3 people

30g chorizo finely diced 1 small onion finely chopped one jar of passata dried basil salt and pepper and a splash of balsamic

fry chorizo to release oil add onion to sweat down in oil add passata and rest of ingredients simmer until reduced and dark and taste

i had it today stirred into penne topped with hex a mozarella with a side salad yummy

I made a lush one the other day and it was so quick, I had a pack of cherry toms that were over ripe and no good for a salad so cut them in half, chucked in pan with fry light, a spoon of sweetner, a spoon of smoked paprika, a sprinkle of chilli powder, pinch of salt and pepper and a garlic clove. That's it! Fry whilst you cook the pasta and stir through!!

anna1980 said:
I made a lush one the other day and it was so quick, I had a pack of cherry toms that were over ripe and no good for a salad so cut them in half, chucked in pan with fry light, a spoon of sweetner, a spoon of smoked paprika, a sprinkle of chilli powder, pinch of salt and pepper and a garlic clove. That's it! Fry whilst you cook the pasta and stir through!!

Thats a good idea to use up tomatoes - will try it :)

I'm having pasta tonight. I chop up and dry fry smoked bacon, add loads of chopped courgette to pan so it soaks up bacon flovour. Take off the heat, add portion of cooked pasta and 2 tablespoons low fat creme fraiche (2.5syns for asda's own) to pan, stir and serve. Devine!!

Back