1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Easy: Question regarding steak

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by SoldieronNatasha, 9 January 2014 Social URL.

1. SoldieronNatasha

SoldieronNatasha Full Member

So I cooked a rib eye steak tonight and I read that as long as you trim the fat of the meat then it's free. The problem is though that there was no fat for me to cut off either raw or cooked. Am I missing something? It's not like a pork chop where you can see the fat so how can you cut it off?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's fine then. I think it just means when there's fat on the edge. Sounds lovely!

4. SoldieronNatasha

It was so yummy! I made it with SW chips and it was lush!

5. If there isn't any fat, then it means it has already been trimmed off before you bought it.

6. SoldieronNatasha

I just bought it from M & S it was matured for 21 days. I didn't think they normally cut off fat

7. Berry85

Berry85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
  8. Berry85

Berry85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I think slimming world say 'remove visible fat' so if you couldn't see it it must be fine lol :) x

9. SoldieronNatasha

Haha I'm being all paranoid cos I want to do it right this time! :) I did have a gain this morning when I checked so I hope it isn't the steak....

10. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    With ribeye there is usually a circle of fat right in the middle which melts into the meat as it cooks? Of all the steak cuts its the fattiest, so I tend to avoid it on SW. Its easier with Sirloin or rump to remove the fat.

11. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    P.S. There is no way one steak would sabotage your weight loss so you're defo being paranoid despite my previous!!

12. SoldieronNatasha

Oh ok so next time I'll go for Rump or Sirloin :) I know I need to focus on the big picture it is just so hard because I've failed so many times and I was so happy with my loss last week and now it seems to just be going up when I am being so good :( I have a food diary on the food diary section if you wanted to have a look. I don't understand the gain at all

13. It depends on how the meat is butchered. It is normal, for instance, for the butcher to leave the fat on a lamb or pork chop. Some steaks will be sold with a border of fat, some won't.

And if there is no fat on the meat you have bought, then someone has cut it off.

14. Iwillbeslim2014

Iwillbeslim2014 Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sometimes life is just not fair! Are you due on? Have you started doing a lot more exercise? Those things can have an impact ime - I did a half marathon last year and gained a stone! Don't give up - scales aren't always an accurate measurer of getting smaller anyway. Do you measure yourself? Sometimes you can gain, but still be getting smaller, so def worth taking your measurements once a month.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.