1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Extra Easy: Side Dishes

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Dokusho_yoku, 28 April 2014 Social URL.

1. Dokusho_yoku

Dokusho_yoku Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What are peoples favourite Slimming World friendly Side dishes? I'm having a BBQ (Indoor or outdoor dependent on the weather) at the weekend for The OH's birthday. I want to make some slimming world friendly sides. Is there any that people would recommend. I plan on making a large rice dish, and putting pickles and beetroot out for people, but id there anything else I could do?:D TIA

CJ

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Hi CJ
    How about a bowl of roast veg? Carrots, parsnips, red onion/pepper, squash all roast well and you could even do it the day before to save time on the day. Roast alone or with garlic/italian herbs.
    I like to do choc covered strawberries for a little treat, or a vodka jelly if its an occasion!
    Veg kebabs would work nicely on an actual BBQ, and potato salad can make a nice side that keeps well afterwards.
    Hope this helps!
    x

4. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(9.54%)
    Diet:
    SW
    SW chips...cooked in the oven obviously but they're a must! ;)

5. Chipsticks

Chipsticks Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(19.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    A curry loaf sliced up would work, even a SW quiche, or a veggie fritatta, things like fish sticks and lean meats.

Have fun xx

EDIT: Actually, I just remembered someone saying they do their curry loaf in muffin tins, that would work even better!

6. natalie1402

natalie1402 Full Member

Coleslaw! X

7. Lisa YoYo

Lisa YoYo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.54%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD AT HOME - FRIDAY WEIGH IN
    Potato salad, tomato and onion pasta, houmous made from blending chickpeas, quark and herbs/spices of your choice...serve it with vegetable batons, celery, carrot etc.

Lisa xxx

8. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    I make a gorgeous Syn-free mango salsa, which would be perfect with BBQ food! It's just:

- 1 mango, chopped
    - red onion, finely chopped
    - 1 x tsp crushed chillies
    - Juice of half a lime
    - Fresh coriander

Simply mix all of the above together! I had it recently with some chilli, ginger and lime chicken and vegetable kebabs and salad. It was absolutely gorgeous!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.