1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Extra Easy: Side Dishes

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Dokusho_yoku, 28 April 2014 Social URL.

1. Dokusho_yoku

Dokusho_yoku Well-Known Member

What are peoples favourite Slimming World friendly Side dishes? I'm having a BBQ (Indoor or outdoor dependent on the weather) at the weekend for The OH's birthday. I want to make some slimming world friendly sides. Is there any that people would recommend. I plan on making a large rice dish, and putting pickles and beetroot out for people, but id there anything else I could do?:D TIA

CJ

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. RosiePops

RosiePops Well-Known Member

Hi CJ
    How about a bowl of roast veg? Carrots, parsnips, red onion/pepper, squash all roast well and you could even do it the day before to save time on the day. Roast alone or with garlic/italian herbs.
    I like to do choc covered strawberries for a little treat, or a vodka jelly if its an occasion!
    Veg kebabs would work nicely on an actual BBQ, and potato salad can make a nice side that keeps well afterwards.
    Hope this helps!
    x

4. lentil2

lentil2 Well-Known Member

SW chips...cooked in the oven obviously but they're a must! ;)

5. Chipsticks

Chipsticks Well-Known Member

A curry loaf sliced up would work, even a SW quiche, or a veggie fritatta, things like fish sticks and lean meats.

Have fun xx

EDIT: Actually, I just remembered someone saying they do their curry loaf in muffin tins, that would work even better!

6. natalie1402

natalie1402 Well-Known Member

Coleslaw! X

7. Lisa YoYo

Lisa YoYo Well-Known Member

Potato salad, tomato and onion pasta, houmous made from blending chickpeas, quark and herbs/spices of your choice...serve it with vegetable batons, celery, carrot etc.

Lisa xxx

8. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Well-Known Member

I make a gorgeous Syn-free mango salsa, which would be perfect with BBQ food! It's just:

- 1 mango, chopped
    - red onion, finely chopped
    - 1 x tsp crushed chillies
    - Juice of half a lime
    - Fresh coriander

Simply mix all of the above together! I had it recently with some chilli, ginger and lime chicken and vegetable kebabs and salad. It was absolutely gorgeous!