Turkish Food...

Well here is my cooking creation for today...

Its called Saksuka in Turkish but this is my adaptation for SW and its completely free :)

1kg aubergine
2 large potatoes
tin chopped tomatoes
2 small onions
3/4 cloves garlic
teaspoon sweetener
salt and pepper
pinch of chilli flakes
teaspoon of cumin

I firstly cubed the aubergine and soaked in salted water for 30 mins (this takes any bitter taste away from the) at the same time I peeled and cubed the potatoes and par boiled them.

Everything then went onto a baking sheet and sprayed with frylight and roasted until golden brown

I diced the two onions and garlic and fried them in frylight, added a tin of chopped tomatoes and the herbs/spices, then added the roasted aubergine and tomatoes, I added 3/4 of a the empty tomatoe tin of water and allowed it to simmer til the sauce thickened...can be eaten hot of cold :)

View attachment 59882

This sounds lovely it will be going into my recipe book!

Have to try this recipe..............nom

Lovely recipe ideas I have tavuk kebab from my lovely local restaurant - what spices do they use do you think?
Love this thread x

Well here is my cooking creation for today...

Its called Saksuka in Turkish but this is my adaptation for SW and its completely free :)

1kg aubergine
2 large potatoes
tin chopped tomatoes
2 small onions
3/4 cloves garlic
teaspoon sweetener
salt and pepper
pinch of chilli flakes
teaspoon of cumin

I firstly cubed the aubergine and soaked in salted water for 30 mins (this takes any bitter taste away from the) at the same time I peeled and cubed the potatoes and par boiled them.

Everything then went onto a baking sheet and sprayed with frylight and roasted until golden brown

I diced the two onions and garlic and fried them in frylight, added a tin of chopped tomatoes and the herbs/spices, then added the roasted aubergine and tomatoes, I added 3/4 of a the empty tomatoe tin of water and allowed it to simmer til the sauce thickened...can be eaten hot of cold :)

View attachment 59882

My favourite turkish dish!!! I'm going to give this a go later and read the rest of the thread. Super excited now haha

Love this thread, almost as much as I love Kusadasi :D

I have just seen this! I love your recipes thank u!! I'm half Turkish and love Turkish food. I'm going in two weeks to visit my dad who lives out there ! Eek! Il def try the recipes out!

Last edited:
You could make cacik on ee with fat free yoghurt, garlic , cucumber and cayenne to taste ! Il try it out for you and let u know quantities :) is a dip or put in rice nommm

Back