Extra easy-snacking

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by shannonbitzy, 30 December 2008 Social URL.

1. shannonbitzy

shannonbitzy Full Member

Hi Ladies
    I'm new to this board, but not to slimming world... i've been attending class since september 2007 and have lost 6.5 stones(not this week though!LOL ) :break_diet:
    We have been given the extra easy plan today and it sounds brilliant .. too good to be true really but I trust it to work as I know it will have been tried and tested well before release. What i'm not entirely sure about though is snacks ... am I free to snack on any free food from the red or green days, for example can i snack on ham in the morning and then baked beans or sweetcorn in the afternoon if you see what I mean ? Everyone seems to be talking about having both red and gree together but at meal times .
    Ive forgotton this weeks password too for the website so would be grateful if anyone could give me that
    thanks for any advice
    Kerry

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Sorry our members are not allowed to give the password. Perhaps you could ring your leader and she will remind you.

Irene xx

5. lwtblb

lwtblb Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(16.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes, I was wondering about this myself. Whilst I am sure it will work just fine....having followed SW on & off for the last 15/16 yrs !!There seems to be a lot of unanswered questions regarding this new plan!!

6. shannonbitzy

shannonbitzy Full Member

Thanks ladies
    sorry about the password thing, didnt realise. What I really wanted to know though is more about the snacking on extra easy? Is there anyone who knows if you can snack on red/ green foods or do they have to be as part of your meal?
    xx

7. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i would assume free means free whatever.....

8. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thats what i assumed can someone email sw and ask?

9. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would imagine that you can eat free food as snacks. I think they would prefer you to eat free food rather than syns as snacks. Although, I find that now I am eating red and green together, I dont need to eat snacks. But I know everyone is different!

10. SLACK ALICE

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    Basically, extra easy means -
    eat free whatever you like from the lists in the new book- no weighing, then have just 1 A and 1 B(not 2 from each like we used to)
    and whatever we have extra is to be counted as syns but if that item is 3 syns on red day and 2 on green day-you only count it as the lower syn
    I asked my consultant if i could have...
    BREAKFAST=2 eggs,bacon and tinned tomatoes and 2 (500g) bread
    LUNCH= jacket tate, beans and cheese (COUNT THE CHEESE AS SYN)
    TEA= whole bag of boil in bag rice and homemade chicken and veg curry, mullerlight.
    WAS THIS OK ....YES SHE SAID !!!
    as long as we remember to stick 100% to the lists in the new book it will work
    so if you want chocolate snacking between meals then you have to syn it ...sounds too good to be true if you ask me !!

11. lwtblb

lwtblb Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(16.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So what about the superfree bit if you are just having a snack?

12. LoChan1984

LoChan1984 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st3lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(5.77%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I don't go to meetings so don't know about extra easy other than what was in the mag, there didn't seem to be red/green free snacks built in as far as I could see... tbh it looks a lot like ww core except milk is free on theirs and limited on SW and you get 2tsp of healthy oil a day on core but it would be a B choice on SW...

Heh, I think you'd be pushing it a bit having the three big meals a day and then 'snacking' on the 'free' food aswell, I would have expected they'd limit snacks to superfree things like fruit and veg and the stuff that's free on either plan - yoghurt, quark etc. It would seem more sensible that way?

13. maggie2009

maggie2009 New Member

but can you snack on meat or potatoes/pasta etc?, still unclear on this

14. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i asked is it only the free food on the list in new book and its any free food that is on red or green days that are marked as free.

15. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i have my extra easy book in front of me and it says...

"free foods! anytime, anywhere...
    On these pages is a list of all the foods you can enjoy FREELY. No need to think about what else youre eating on a particular day or at a particular meal - just tuck in anytime, anywhere!"

so in answer to the question you can snack on meat, potatoes, pasta etc.etc. doesnt have to be super free go for it

16. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    OK that's it, I'm joining next week!

17. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    hahaha it is worth pointing out hwoever that extra easy is designed more for new starters as a way of easing people into the plan and that if red and green days work for you you should try to continue with that, or so ive been told

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. shannonbitzy

shannonbitzy Full Member

Thanks ladies
    I know it may seem unesseccary to snack on meat/ pasta etc when you are allowed such big meals on this plan , but sometimes, I dont have time to eat a proper meal as such so will just snack, still can't believe it, as some one else said seems too good to be true, but i am going to give it a full week(including snacking on red/green free foods) will let you know how i get on next tuesday! xx

20. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    but thats the whole point of sw, you CAN snack. dont deprive yourself of anything!

21. shannonbitzy

shannonbitzy Full Member

HI Abigail
    interesting that you was told it was more for new members to make it easy for them to start with, as in our class we were told that the new members would be introduced to it slowly after a couple of weeks or so.

22. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

I guess there isnt a problem with snacking on pasta & rice if you are allowed as long as you only eat when your hungry and stop when your full its better to snack on something that will fill you up and has a nutrional benefit than to munch a choccie bar and be starving five minutes later but I cant get my head around them saying you can just eat food which I would use for a meal as a snack its baffling me.. will give it a go though cant knock it till ive tried it properly !

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.