Extra Easy: Syn free crisps?

haileyhaiz

Hi everyone!!

I bought one of these and its amazing!

:confused: Do you think that microwaving potato slices till there crispy is still syn free?? I hope so! :cross:
images

What is it?

Making dorito style chips became syns so i'd guess making crisps would be the same.

My consultant says you an make veg crisps I.e carrot, beet root and they are syn free

There not going to taste as nice though? Have you tried them? If yes what's the best veg to 'crisp'?

What about sweet potato? Or is it all potato?

No I've not, I would rather have a pack and crs and sy. It. You could do it with sweet potato I think

Anyone else know if you can make sweet potato crisps syn free? Or if it's 100g uncooked potato for 4 syns once microwaved?

Need some nice low savoury snacks ;-)

Surely they would be free on extra easy as long as you do not add fat?

Mind you I can't see how you would make them crispy without the fat :confused:

Trust me they really do go crispy without any fat in the microwave!! Tried to put them on a plate but they stuck to the plate?! But in this stand there fine :-D I'm going to ask my SW leader see if she knows!! x

My SW leader says there are free! :party0011: Potato is free on EE and it's no different really to snacking on SW chips! Not like I'm eating 100 at a time!

Anyone else know if you can make sweet potato crisps syn free? Or if it's 100g uncooked potato for 4 syns once microwaved?

Need some nice low savoury snacks ;-)

Sweet potato would not be free either sorry hun and the syns are for 100g raw potato weight so you do get a lot of crisps for your syns

Surely they would be free on extra easy as long as you do not add fat?

Mind you I can't see how you would make them crispy without the fat :confused:

Its all about filling power. Slice a potato really thinly and dehydrate it to make crisps and its a lot less filling than if you were having say a baked potato of the same size. They are less filling in that form and its easy to overconsume, or you eat again sooner - either way you take in more calories and that could affect your losses

My SW leader says there are free! :party0011: Potato is free on EE and it's no different really to snacking on SW chips! Not like I'm eating 100 at a time!

I'm afraid your consultant is mistaken on this one hun. SW have posted about this on the website and on their FB page saying that they are synned. If you call up the syn helpline I'm sure they will confirm. There is no free food allowance on crisps so even though the ingredient may be a free food, the end product is synned. Consultants do sometimes get things wrong, mine said several times last week that parsnips were not free lol

Oh OK :-( Thanks though! Before I go an snacking in these too often! Lol!! My leader is only new ad am I so I'll let her off ;-)xx

Back