Extra Easy: Tasty Chicken, Bacon & Tomatoe Pasta

Hi y'all

I made this last night for myself and O/H (although stick thin as he is; he doesn't need to lose weight lol), and is was delish - even my O/H had 2 helpings.

Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 thick smoked gammon steak, cut into cubes
3 chopped onions
1 tin chopped tomatoes in herbs
garlic salt
fresh ground pepper
1 tsp splender
1 tbsp olive oil (1 HEb) or frylight
42g lower fat cheddar (1 HEa)
250g penne pasta
Salt

Place olive oil in large pan on high heat. When oil is hot brown chicken and gammon - adding meat a little at a time. When meat is cooked, add in onions stirring constantly to ensure that ingredients don't stick to pan.

Once onions are transluscent, add tin of chopped tomatoes, splender, garlic salt and pepper. Reduce heat so that sauce simmers, stir and cover.

Boil hot salted water and place pasta in pot to cook.

Once pasta is cooked, but still firm, drain and add to cooked meat sauce - stirring pasta in so that every tube is saturated in sauce mixture. You may need to add a little water to sauce if it's reduced down too much.

Place on plate and add some thinly sliced cheese on top. Place in microwave for 1 minute for cheese to melt and enjoy!

The sauce tasted like the expensive ones in Sainsburys and very luxurious.

I didn't think to take a picture at the time, but I'll make again next week as my O/H enjoyed it so much, and I'll post one then.

Syns...
syn free on EE. But 1 HEb (olive oil) and 1 HEa (cheese). But if you used frylight and did without the cheese, this dish would be totally free on EE.

mmmm sounds nice i will have to make this at the weekend thanks for the menu xx Anna xx

Back