Extra Easy - The changes.....

HI,
I have been doing EE for 12 months and have lost 3 st and have never stuck to the 3rd superfree rule and have lost the weight slowly...so maybe if I had done this i may have lost it quicker ?? going to give it a go this week.

It really is up to the individual how they want to follow the "rules" - we've had some lengthy discussions about this in the past!!
I'm just clarifying the changes, especially for those who don't go to group.

This 1/3 superfree is quite a big change really and my consultant was quite insistant that we have it with each meal.

I have always included 1/3 superfree with my meals on EE, but I did count eggs as SF! What I am going to find tricky will be snacking on SF :( I have lost well eating red/green day snacks, so I may just keep doing that (but less) until I plateau.

Thanks Jaylou for all your information. It does really help for people going it alone.

Thanks again.

Do consultants get any training on these changes as mine didn't know about them until I asked her today and she looked in the book?

I'm hoping to get to my WI in an hour if the snow isn't too bad and I'll buy one of the new books.

They do get training in the changes, they go to head office regurlarly for updates/refresher training. Mine does anyway!!

This is where it gets confusing! The books says fill 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods on many of the pages and in the old book it said "for continued good weight losses we recommend......"
The new book does not say this - it's says to do it!

yes but if you look at the recipes they are suggesting most of them don't include the superfree food (minimal in ingredients!) so you'd have to add it separatly anyway. Why does it matter if you have it at the same time or an hour later?

I disagree!! The spag bol has superfree onion, garlic, peppers, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes and served with salad

The tuna nicoise has green beans, little gem, cherry tomatoes and red onion

The breakfast has summer fruits.

I'm not questioning the changes - I'm just quoting them!!!

yes but if you look at the recipes they are suggesting most of them don't include the superfree food (minimal in ingredients!) so you'd have to add it separatly anyway. Why does it matter if you have it at the same time or an hour later?

I think the 1/3 SF is so that you dont over-fill your plate with the other food. So If you are going to have your 1/3 later on, you would have to make sure you leave 1/3 of your plate empty at meal times.

I think the 1/3 SF is so that you dont over-fill your plate with the other food. So If you are going to have your 1/3 later on, you would have to make sure you leave 1/3 of your plate empty at meal times.

I agree with jerricebenton. We must remember, that even though SW may seem like a 'magic' diet where we can eat what we like, it essentially breaks down into reducing the amount of calories that we consume overall. Therefore the superfree foods are very important in filling us up and making us want to eat less of the higher calorie foods. The beauty of SW is that we have so much flexibility in how we do this, but we must make sure we the proportion of superfree food we eat is big enough.

You could have mushrooms and tomatoes.
Sadly can't eat tomatoes. i normally have oat so simple with yogurt or scrambled egg and ryvita. My stomach can't take fruit first thing in the morning. may have to do do green on work days xx

Thank you for posting this Jaylou, I did an EE day yesterday and counted cheese as a HEb as I always have milk as a HEa in my tea. However doing this in the past has not affected my losses, probably as I only do 1-2 EE days a week. I'm practically a vegetarian so do Green mostly to get more HE's, I find EE days very hard with only 2 choices instead of 3/4.

thanks, Jaylou & everyone else.

I must confess, I've always done EE, bar a few green and a few red days (I only started SW in August) but I would be less keen on EE now, given these changes.:cry:

I'd rather do green now I think and forego a few prawns from time to time...:p

Maybe I'll get used to the changes but right now I'm not feeling very enthusiastic about it!

Embrace change biggysmalls! :D

I think it might be a bit disconcerting as it seems stricter on the face of it but I think if you tried a day of "new style" SW you'll see that its not so bad at all. And of course the weight loss benefits would be a fab motivator! Maybe you could start with small steps, incorporating one new rule at a time so the change is not so drastic?

As I'm sat here filling in my food diary I've noticed that they have changed too.
They have a column for free foods (2/3) and superfree foods (1/3) - it actually says this! One A and one B and syns.

Geared up for EE only I think - it does seem to be the main focus now.

As I'm sat here filling in my food diary I've noticed that they have changed too.
They have a column for free foods (2/3) and superfree foods (1/3) - it actually says this! One A and one B and syns.

Geared up for EE only I think - it does seem to be the main focus now.
I don't eat much meat but I do feel for the vegetarians who would not benefit fro extra easy :(

Back