Extra Easy vs Original and Green?

When I make a risotto I just throw lots of tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and peppers in. There's the super free, then the rice green, and chicken and bacon red. But I guess it depends on what risotto you're making!

being the worst cook in the world (yes I really am!!) May I ask how to do your risotto?
I had one one when my friend made me try something different and I like it and yours with chicken and bacon sounds yummy! x

Sadly my C does push EE - when I joined she told me and another new lady - i wont tell you about red or green cause EE is the way to go.
For me, EE hasn't worked so its red & green all the way for me.

I did only ee for the 1st couple of months and have started doing some red & green days in the hope of keeping my weightloss going . I've lost 3st 10 since mid July and have 2st 6 to go

Sadly my C does push EE - when I joined she told me and another new lady - i wont tell you about red or green cause EE is the way to go.
For me, EE hasn't worked so its red & green all the way for me.

Its threads like this that make me realise how lucky I am to have the consultant I do. Vote with your feet ladies!!! Don't pay these people money to tell you the wrong stuff!!! Up the revolution!!

being the worst cook in the world (yes I really am!!) May I ask how to do your risotto?
I had one one when my friend made me try something different and I like it and yours with chicken and bacon sounds yummy! x

I know your question was aimed at someone else, but I thought I'd tell you how I do mine.

Fry off onions in Frylight until softened, add the rice, stir, and then start adding stock (I use chicken) Add it a little at a time, keep stirring, and once it's absorbed, add more stock. Keep doing this until the rice is cooked, then add what you like. Use you HeA for parmesan (essential IMO!) and add any veggies, meat and seasoning you fancy.

I made it the other night with ham, peas, and sweetcorn, and a sprinkling of mixed herbs. You are allowed 28g of parmesan, but I found 40g for 2 people to be plenty.

Hi there

Its Green for me as I dont eat meat but I do enjoy not having to have the 1/3 superfree I must be honest...

You have no idea!! Yesdteday I even crossed the road when the man was still red :8855:

i nearly got run over by a bike!

I am having a really awful day today - not foodwise - just everything else, but this made me laugh so much - it really cheered me up! :8855: Thank you!

Hi there

Its Green for me as I dont eat meat but I do enjoy not having to have the 1/3 superfree I must be honest...

I feel exactly the same. I also don't eat meat but the main appeal is not feeling the pressure of having to make sure each meal is a certain way. I eat plenty of fruit + veg anyway so I don't need the rule there to force myself to get green. I like knowing that I can have my meal the way I want it and if I don't feel like loads of veg I haven't failed by not having it.

The added healthy extras are a bonus too!

hatwell said:
I feel exactly the same. I also don't eat meat but the main appeal is not feeling the pressure of having to make sure each meal is a certain way. I eat plenty of fruit + veg anyway so I don't need the rule there to force myself to get green. I like knowing that I can have my meal the way I want it and if I don't feel like loads of veg I haven't failed by not having it.

The added healthy extras are a bonus too!

Same here. I probably naturally have about half fruit and veg TBH. But some days, it just doesn't work out. Like other day I was rushing, no time to shop. Ended up having weetabix, quorn sausage toastie and egg chips and beans. Don't normally do that, but it happened that day and it's good to know it's still on plan.

I actually don't get SW. They say they recommend healthy extras, syns and 1/3 superfree on EE, but if people ask do they have to, the FAQ says no. To me this makes no sense. Either it's a key to make the plan work or not. I understand telling people not to get het up if the odd meal doesn't comply, but why issue plan advice and then say you don't have to follow it?

I do extra easy mainly because i make things from scratch and my favourite meals are:
chicken curry with rice
stir fry prawns/ beef / chicken with either noodles or rice (using a blue dragon sauce)
chilli con carne and rice (or rice and wedges)
fish with chips and peas (and salad)
chicken, pots and veg (or salmon instead of chicken)
spag bol
beef stew (beef, carrots, parsnip, butternut squash, sweet potatoes and onions)

i know a lot sounds like i dont get my third superfree but take todays chilli i made foe tea - it had only 250g lean mince but then had in 2 tines of tomatoes, a carrot, 2 peppers, 2 onions, garlic, mushrooms so i think i got the third superfree.

Same with the spaggers,curry, stir fry - only one i struggle with is fish and chips esp if i have peas as well!!

It is simply a matter of preference, but I agree - SW should be promoting the original plans as well, unless they purposely are phasing out the "older" plans....

Personally I'm going to start some intense cardio (Shaun T's Insanity, y'all!) and will require all the carbs I can get my hands on! :D

It is simply a matter of preference, but I agree - SW should be promoting the original plans as well, unless they purposely are phasing out the "older" plans....

Personally I'm going to start some intense cardio (Shaun T's Insanity, y'all!) and will require all the carbs I can get my hands on! :D

They have always said that Original/Green (as well as success express and the other plan that shouldn't really be talked about as it's the last resort for a consultant to give someone and is tailored specifically for the individual) will stay - and with the publication of the new 50 Free Original book - it does seem that that is holding true - and they do seem to have been making more of an effort in the magazine to include all plans. So they do seem to be here to stay

Ohhh intriguing..... What's the other plan that isn't talked about??? And what's success express?? Newbie here... X

shoegirl said:
Ohhh intriguing..... What's the other plan that isn't talked about??? And what's success express?? Newbie here... X

The plan that 'isn't talked about' is called Fast Forward-it is used by consultants as a last resort if someone is struggling-but as the pp said it is tailored to the individual member which is why you're not allowed to discuss it :)
And if you search for success express, there are a lot of threads explaining it in detail-but basically it's a bit like EE except you have 2/3 sf, and only snack on sf foods, and take the highest syn value instead of the lowest :) its alot easier than my brief explanation makes it sound! Lol
HTH

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Welshtigger said:
The plan that 'isn't talked about' is called Fast Forward-it is used by consultants as a last resort if someone is struggling-but as the pp said it is tailored to the individual member which is why you're not allowed to discuss it :)

having been offered it, seen it & declined it (maintained for 6 weeks) I can understand why they want it to be consultant given only. It's like a prescription if you will for if you are struggling. I thought long & hard and called target instead!

I did it. Lost, then gained it all back the next two weeks. Not fun.

Back