Eye opener..

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Gosh.. i didn't quite realise just how big i must have been before i lost 4 stone..

i went on a Hen night for joes brothers fiancee.. as they'r getting married next month.. on saturday night. We all got dressed up and went to a few bars etc..

anyways, whilst i was there i met a woman called claire.. who i didn't recognise but im sure i had met her before.. we were chatting and she was telling me about how her and her bf were getting married next year, and then she casually asked me about Joe, and how long we had been together, at which point she realised joe was darren(the grooms brother) .. She'd already had a few drinks at this point, and despite what im about to tell you, she was actually a lovley girl lol! .. anyways, i told her me and joe had been together a year and a half, (today-:)!) and her face just dropped...

she looked at joes sister who was also there.. and said 'i'm really sorry but iv got somthing to tell you' .. at which point i was like, :eek: omgosh, what is going on!

.. anyways, she continues ' about a year ago, i saw joe in the pub, with some other girl' ..

I was mortified, and really didnt believe her..
so then she starts describing this girl

' she was massive, long dark hair with red flashes and was wearing a grey hoody'

.. Emma (joes sister) mouth dropped.. and this woman looked a bit confused from our reaction.. at which point i informed her that actually, that girl was me..

she looked shocked and insisted that it couldnt have been me, because although i explained i used to be a size 18... she said this girl was alot bigger than a size 18, and it couldnt have possibly have been me.

:eek:

.. but it was.. and alas, Joe has not cheated LOL.. This girl finally believe me.. although i can see the confusion.. it was only a year ago and at the time i was almost 15 stone, long dark hair with bright red flashes and yeah.., wasn't looking the best, and if i remember rightly was stuffing myself with a roast dinner..

and now, i was in a size 10 jeans from new look, and a size 10 top from Jane norman :eek: -Never thought that day would come!- and have had my hair cut into a posh style bob.. But none the less..

it was a bit of an eye opener.. and im still getting my head round it!, i guess im just thankful i'm not like that now.. and to make things better, it turned out this girl joined slimmingworld this year, lost a stone in 5 weeks and then gave up.. and was so taken aback by me.. that she went back to class today.. :D

anyways, wanted to share.. was a bit of shocker for me lol
:giggle:

As I always say, you are a little star Fern!
Such a complement, even if it had you a little worried babe!

Well done Fern and in fact you really are a different person.
Amazing weight loss and you truely are an inspiration.
Rozie x

That's a story for the young slimmer of the year i'd say. you should be proud you have been an inspiration!

You've done so well. It must have been an upsetting few minutes until you realised she was talking about you. At least it was all ok in the end. (I think she sound like a b i t c h too)

Good story Fern!! :) You're always full of good stories!

Hard to know whether the girl was being a gossip, a bi tch or actually had your best interests at heart - not for me to say! It must have given you a real panic for a moment...and that must have been horrid *hugs* But I do think it's a compliment, in a roundabout kinda way...and it all turned out ok!

lol .... all of the above fern. fab story and sounds like you handled it well.

You must look amazing and I hope that once i reach target I can "bump" into a few people who have ridiculed me and made me feel like crap in the past and feel fab and flab!

Lisa xxxx

Haha, Like i said she'd already had a few drinks in her bless her! LOL She was lovley, but my gosh i couldn't believe it. . and i did panic for a few minutes, mainly because the look on her face! But my joe wouldnt dare.. i'd kick his ass.. and who would feed him and wash his clothes?! Haha.

:p Thanks for replying everyone .. x

You're a better person than me Fern, if someone told me my partner went out with someone else when we were first together I'd punch a b*tch before she had chance to finish her sentence! :p

Back