Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

2.5lbs off :party0049:

Pretty happy - that's over a stone off!

Right! Onwards and downwards!

EE today

B : All Bran (HEB), yoghurt (1.5), strawberries

L : Veggie soup (about half S/F)

D : HM chilli with salad and perhaps a little rice.

Snacks : Fruit - on my desk I have 2 small bananas, 3 clementines, 2 plums and half a punnet of grapes. Better not eat *all* that lot :D

HEA : Milk in tea during the day

Last edited:
Oh no! Someone's just come into the office with a 12 box of Krispy Kremes. I don't actually want one - I don't have a sweet tooth at all, much rather have savoury food. How do I refuse without offending him? :eek:

May have to fend him off with a "It's a bit early, I might have one later, thanks!" and then hope he doesn't notice when I don't! If I wanted one, I'd have it and syn it, but I'd so rather have some cheese on my chilli later on.

I successfully swerved the donuts...mind you, it was easy because I didn't want one! I'm much more driven by salty, savoury foods.

Had a gorgeous tea tonight - HM cheesy chips (6 syns for 30g of cheddar) with some HM chilli (I counted 4 syns for this, as it was in the freezer and predates my restart with SW so may not have been made with leanest mince but it was a small portion) all on a bed of crunchy salad. It was delicious. So good, that there might not be much of the pattern left on the plate. Oops. :)

Here's to a good week :raises my cuppa:

Well done, you're doing brilliantly :)

Thank you :)

Tricky day today.

I had to leave home at 0700 to drive for a meeting. I really didn't fancy my usual All Bran at 0600 so I just had yoghurt and fruit. Took some more fruit with me.

I arrived early and needed a wee, so called in at a McDonald's just to sneakily use the loo. Before SW that would have been an excuse to buy enough breakfast for two people and scoff it all guiltily in the car. Not today. It didn't even smell very nice. I sat in their car park eating a banana instead :)

The lunch provided at the meeting was ok - but all bread, mayo and full fat sandwich fillings. Cakes and crisps. Not a piece of fruit in sight! I avoided it all, except I had one small chicken satay skewer - 3 small pieces of coated chicken. I had to eat something as the person I was talking to guided me over to the table to get their own food. Having looked similar ones up online, I'm counting 1 syn for it.

Drove home ravenous and had to go shopping. Bad move! Held out, bought good stuff and drive home right past another McDonald's. I think they may have lost a formerly regular customer!

Got home at 1530 and made the fastest chicken noodle soup you've ever seen! Ready Steady, Cook had nuffink on me! I bought three roasted chicken thighs from the deli counter and used two in the soup (minus skin and fat, obv!). The third one, I'm afraid didn't survive long after I'd got through the door. I almost inhaled it!

So - lesson learned. Plan better, carry more snacks! But - survived, on plan with negligible syns.

Now I'm curled up on my chair with a blanket, a cuppa and my catch up TV. Hoorah for the weekend!

theria
well done you have done brill to walk away from all the temptation x x x x

OK - so yesterday didn't go to pot. I had my chicken noodle soup at about 4pm then had a couple of Ryvita with some cheese and piccalilli for a lightish supper. I hadn't drunk much tea during the day so I swapped my HEA from milk to cheese and synned the few dashes of milk I'd had. Is that OK? Swapping it at the end of the day? It felt a bit like cheating to be honest.

So, Thursday I had 11.5 syns, yesterday 8 syns.

Saturday 01st February EE

B : Wholemeal pitta (HEB) stuffed with 3 turkey rashers, 2 Cauldron veggie sausages (1 syn), lettuce, cucumber and 2 tblspns of light salad cream (3 syns)

Delicious - and kept me filled up til nearly 1500!

L : Pasta n sauce (Leek and Ham, 1 syn) with added ham on a huge bed of salad (cucumber. lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, carrot etc.) with FF dressing
D : Don't know yet - won't be much as I'm still full! Might make a sneaky plate of SW chips :drool: (Not enough SF food on their own, but I've had some fruit during the day)

Snacks : small banana x 2, plum, clementine, Muller Greek lemon yoghurt (1/2 syn) - these yoghurts are lovely, and they were buy one, get one free in Morrisons yesterday, so I've got 8 to get through!
HEA : Milk in tea during the day

So, by my reckoning, that 25 syns in total over three days. At 15 / day that leaves me 20 syns for a couple of drinks later on tonight without going over my daily limit. And I've done my visting / shopping duties today, so I can have a lie in as well! Hooray!:beer8:

Hmmm....reflection time

Right - so my carefully planned two drinks last night turned into......wait for it......five! :argh:

At 8 syns each, that's 40 syns (20 of which I had saved up). I also got the munchies - but as there was only good stuff in the fridge I munched some cold meat (free, but not SF) and some carrot and celery sticks. I did NOT send out for pizza, gawd knows how. I've never eaten carrots and celery when drunk before :confused:. And I was drunk, my tolerance for alcohol has gone for a burton in just three weeks.

I slept terribly - woke up at 2am and have only dozed, half awake / half asleep since then. Felt dreadful when I got up at 0730. All for a few drinks last night? It wasn't worth it. Are you listening, Theria? IT WASN'T WORTH IT!

Not doing it again. I've discovered I'd rather spend my syns on tasty food. I don't think there's any point beating myself up about it either. I feel hungover enough! The extra syns are being written off and forgotten about as of now.

Onwards and downwards.

Sunday February 2nd 2014

Right - feeling better and back on track. EE day today.

B : All Bran (HEXB), Stawberries, yoghurt (3.5)

L : Aldi frozen lamb shank (3.5), new potatoes, carrots, sprouts

This was delicious! Boil in the bag in 45 minutes, potatoes cooked in the same pan and it had lots of lovely lamb and loads of minty gravy, all for 3.5 syns! Will definately be buying more of these.

D : Not sure yet - probably a salad with either tinned mackeral or some ham

Snacks : Banana, grapes, Muller Greek lemon yoghurt (0.5 syns)
HEA : Milk in tea

Wow your doing so well considering your super busy looking forward to dropping in for a nosey good luck for weigh in this week x

Monday February 3rd 2014

Thanks for the support :clap: I love this place!

I had a sneaky weigh this morning. My official day is Thursday, but I wanted to see what damage I'd done at the weekend. Glad to report the numbers are still going in the right direction and I'd be happy if I can lose another half pound on top of what I appear to have lost this morning. I know however, that those pesky numbers have a nasty way of fluctuatiing so I'm not counting any chickens!

Today I am in the office, but have to go to a meeting with another organisation at 2pm.

EE Day

B : All Bran (HEXB), yoghurt (1.5), strawberries, banana

L : Two roasted chicken thighs, mixed salad, FF dressing

D : Probably turkey curry from the freezer (HM, so counting 4 syns because of the Patak's paste used to make it) and rice (Bachelor's packet - need to check syns on these, they used to be free or very low)

Just realised - will need to add some SF to this. There are some veggies in the curry (I think), but it will need some more to make it 1/3rd. I have some mangetout and baby corn in the fridge so may steam them to go with it.

Snacks : Box of cut melon and grapes
HEXA : Milk in tea

I hope everyone has a good Monday (*is* there such a thing?!) :coffee:

Just recording - lunch was amazing.

A big handful of mixed salad - the kind that has shredded carrot, peppers and red cabbage in it (do they call it American salad?) with the meat from two chicken thighs. I roasted them last night after taking the skin off and sprinkling them with 'season all'. They go a bit crispy on top because there's no skin and they were just yummy! Some FF dressing, must get some more of this, I seem to be using quite a bit!

I've also eaten all the melon and grapes I brought in but it's been a good food day and only 1.5 syns so far.

Again, just an update for me - I'm sorta using this as a journal to record how I'm feeling about the meals I'm eating. I hope it's ok just to burble on...I guess if someone doesn't want to read it they can just click away :)

Anyway - dinner was scrummy. I cooked up a packet of Batchelor's mild curry rice (free, I checked!) and mixed in chopped spring onion, mange tout and baby sweet corn. Then defrosted some turkey curry (Christmas leftovers!).

Really tasty, but I've only eaten about 2/3rds of it and I'm full. I've put the rest in a bowl, I guess I could eat it later if I get hungry, but I don't think I will. I need to learn that it's OK to throw small bits of leftovers away. I do not have to eat every last scrap. Because wasting food is a sin,dontcha know!? Thanks my poor Catholic upbringing :)

So - only 3.5 syns used today, but that's OK because I really fancy porridge for breakfast tomorrow and I've only got the Aldi version of Oat so Simple flavoured sachets and I know they're 7 syns each. But if I've had a low day today it'll fit nicely into tomorrow and I'll still have my HEXB to use, normally that's gone at breakfast time!

Hope everyone's had a good day.

theria
i agree with you my dad use to say eat it all up or your not leaving the table i have now learnt myself i can leave it but we have invested in 2 smaller plates which work better x x

Red day today

B : Aldi porridge (7 syns), strawberries, banana

L : JP (HEXB1), cheese (HEXA1), mixed salad

D : Aldi Hunter's chicken breast (3.5 syns), carrots, sprouts, roasted onion ( I love this, but don't have it often enough)

Snacks : Fruit and a Muller Greek lemon yoghurt (1/2 syn)

HEXA2 : Milk in teas
HEXB2 : Don't know yet, maybe some SW chips with dinner? Or maybe 100g of peas.

Looks a bit syn-heavy, but I only had 4 yesterday so I'm not bothered. I enjoyed the porridge, it's definately cold enough for it now!

Last edited:
Wow...the Aldi Hunter's chicken was superb! Wrapped in bacon, topped with cheese and BBQ sauce. 3.5 syns! I had it with sprouts, carrots and a HEXB of peas. Scrumptious. Not diet food at all!

They come in a pack of two. I cooked them both and am going to take the other one into work tomorrow cold with some salad. I bet it'll be just as good. When I buy some more (def. on next week's list) I think I'll split them into single servings to freeze. I'd just need to split the BBQ sauce into two little bags.

So full now....washing up will have to wait until later :)

theria
your doing great love and tea sounds great yum yum x x x x

Back