Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

Hope it's not too much of a stressful day, or too laden with temptation! It's tough when you're away from home and not sure where your meals will be, expecially hotel breakfasts - nightmare! I used to work away a lot and would research nearby Harvesters, Toby carverys and other "friendly" options so that I had a plan. If you're in a hotel (and on company expenses) the hotel restaurant is sometimes worth a shot - more expensive but I feel like I can be a bit more fussy about how it's cooked! At worst, there's a chicken/pepper skewer dish currently on the Wetherspoons menu that's pretty good. That said, you do run the gauntlet of semi-sozzled-just-off-shift bus drivers called Bob :crazy: who are in there for cheap beer and random conversation! No really, I've been there. Sevenoaks, if I recall. :bolt:

Well I'm in downtown Swansea. Gulp.

The car park is called "Salubrious Place". That gives you some kind of idea....:sigh:

Anyway, it's 1630 and I haven't even eaten all my lunch yet (too busy) but I've just checked in and I forsee a vey early night. Without Bob. :)

Omg I am so glad to have found you! Iv been looking for your name for the past hour lol.. im still trying to get the hang of this site malarkey...anywho....I searched on google a few days ago re: doing SW at home ..and some link i had randomly clicked on had referenced your food diary and sad you were 'nailing it'....as in nailing doing sw at home.....and I have read your food journal letter by letter the past day or two and really enjoyed the read :) .

A huge congratulations to you...your doing so well! And I have been truly inspired by you In the way of dieting.

I will definitely be following your journey...once I find out how to! And I hope you enjoy reading my diary tales too. Xx vanitydollxx

♥ Curse Of The Curves ♥

Wife to 'BamBam' 30/01/2010
Mummy to Baylie Emma 18/05/2012
♥ Goal : Loose TWO stone ♥

Omg I am so glad to have found you! Iv been looking for your name for the past hour lol.. im still trying to get the hang of this site malarkey...anywho....I searched on google a few days ago re: doing SW at home ..and some link i had randomly clicked on had referenced your food diary and sad you were 'nailing it'....as in nailing doing sw at home.....and I have read your food journal letter by letter the past day or two and really enjoyed the read :) . A huge congratulations to you...your doing so well! And I have been truly inspired by you In the way of dieting. I will definitely be following your journey...once I find out how to! And I hope you enjoy reading my diary tales too. Xx vanitydollxx ? Curse Of The Curves ? Wife to 'BamBam' 30/01/2010 Mummy to Baylie Emma 18/05/2012 ? Goal : Loose TWO stone ?

On eck - I'm famous! :)

I'm just trying my best, and writing it all down makes me accountable, in a funny so of way to all you people of the internet that I've never met :eek:

Welcome along for the ride. I think I can promise it'll be bumpy :)

Hehe your doing great! X

♥ Curse Of The Curves ♥

Dinner turned out to be Nando's. Not the *most*exciting, but after only eating half my lunch I was really hungry :)

I had an Extra Hot chicken butterfly, some rice and a plain corn cob. It was really tasty, though I fear I may be leaving my taste buds in Wales, so hot was it ;) Syns online works that out at 5.5 syns and it was worth every one! So that's 10.5 today, a lot of chicken, but not bad for unplanned, overnight away-day.

At least the hotel bed's comfy. May well be asleep quite soon.....zzzzzz....

Yay for chicken and a Bob-free evening! Sleep tight hun.

Well I thank you muchly :)

♥ Curse Of The Curves ♥

I was told nandos is very bad syn wise? Xxx

♥ Curse Of The Curves ♥

I was told nandos is very bad syn wise? Xxx ? Curse Of The Curves ? Wife to 'BamBam' 30/01/2010 Mummy to Baylie Emma 18/05/2012 ? Goal : Loose TWO stone ?

As long as you take the skin off the chicken, and don't have the obvious fat-laden dishes like hummus, chips or mash (unless you're prepared to syn them, of course) it seems to come out OK on Syns Online.

Wednesday 19th March 2014

Hotel breakfast :

Fresh fruit salad with Yeo valley 0% fat raspberry yoghurt. Cannot find that on Syns online. It was a small pot, less than a ML and 95 calories so will claim it's free ;)

Bacon, beans, grilled tomato and a veggie sausage that claims it was "made from leeks". I know it tasted like it had never seen a fat molecule in its life! I'm going to say 2 syns just in case. 1 squirt of HP (1syn). 1 piece of WM toast (HEXB) with Marmite.

Lunch on the road - Harvester restaurant - thanks MaccaMarsh! Food and freeWifi, rah!

Gammon steak, pineapple (1 syn as it'll be the canned version), peas, tomato and the unlimited salad bar. I promise not eat it *all*! The waiter seemed mortally offended when I refused the chips! He did his best to offer a jacket potato, new potatoes, sautéed potatoes but was most put out when I said I only wanted the gammon and the salad.

Sounds like some very good choices indeed! Assuming you're back home tonight, looking forward to hearing your news after you've visited Wayne in the morning (just in case I need to explain that for those unfamiliar with the Black Country accent, it translates to "weigh in" where I'm from!)

Safe trip hun. :)

Sounds like some very good choices indeed! Assuming you're back home tonight, looking forward to hearing your news after you've visited Wayne in the morning (just in case I need to explain that for those unfamiliar with the Black Country accent, it translates to "weigh in" where I'm from!) Safe trip hun. :)

Thank you!

Is it wrong that I appear to be planning my working life so that I'm always at home on a Thursday morning? I couldn't bear not to Wayne at home! :)

I've had an apple and an Alpen Light with a cuppa since I've been home. Pretty full now so dinner will be light, or maybe just some fruit and yoghurt.

Your doing fab! Keep it up! :cool::D:D

♥ Curse Of The Curves ♥

Club 10! ::happy dance::

:bliss::talk017:

Oh yes! 3lbs off this week - which gets me my CLUB 10! 10% of my starting weight off in 9 weeks. I am so pleased.

Next : I am gunning for a BMI under 40 for the first time in I don't know how long! I know the limitations of the BMI system, but I do fancy kicking its butt into the 30s :)

Thank you, all of you who read and comment on my diary. You all make it easy for me x
:grouphugg:

Last edited:
:party0011: Ha haaaaaaaa! Never doubted it for a second! :party0049::greenapple::woohoo: Congratulations hun!

40 BMI is going to eat dirt next week!

Last edited:
Yaaaay!!!!!

♥ Curse Of The Curves ♥

:happy096::happy036:

Congratulations! Just think of all the amazing health benefits losing 10% can bring - although I'm sure you've already had an email from SW telling you all about that is a gushing manner? ;):D

You're definitely going to be in the 30 BMI range next week!

Back