Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

Hello all :wavey:

So many things have been going on really since I got back from my major holiday in September. I completely took my eye off the ball and I put some poundage back on. I wasn't trying very hard at all to stick to SW, I slipped back into the "just a couple of drinks and take away - I deserve it" mode. Hah!

Anyway - I'm now 1 st 0.5 lbs over the lowest weight I got to and my head is firmly back in the game. I have stripped my signature of the Five and Four and a half stone shinies - but I'm going to get them back. Oh yes.

Hope you all had a good holiday and are keen to get back on plan now!

I've had a look at the new SW EESP plan but frankly I love my carbs too much to want to do it. I'll stick to what works for me - which is a mix of mainly EE with an occasional Red or Green day chucked in. I know they work, all I have to do is stick to them...

Lovely to be back x

hey hun you will soon get them shinnys back :) I am doing SW too, get my new books tomorrow think i will be sticking to EE :) xxx

Well done on getting the focus back Theria - I'm joining you on SW on Monday, so will be great to hear what works best for you! I'm veering towards red days, because otherwise I'll spend all day and night inhaling pasta :D

Note to self for future reference :

Home made coleslaw

Small wedge of white cabbage, shredded in processor
Tiny wedge of red onion, shredded in processor
Medium carrot, grated in processor

Dressing :
2 tablespoons of fat free cottage cheese with chives (Free on SW)
2 tablespoons Lightest Mayo (1 syn)
Tiny splash of cider vinegar / white wine vinegar to get consistency right
Seasoning

Mix and nom!

Had this for brunch with some grilled kippers and salad - it was delicious! (That's half the quantity I made, so 0.5 syn for the whole plate).

Attachments

• image-4062629253.jpg
    image-4062629253.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 29
Yum I love a bit of coleslaw! What about quark for the dressing, would that work too?

Ooh, I don't know - I've never tried it. It's basically a cheese like substance, isn't it? In that case I can't see why not :)

I'll give it a go over the next couple of weeks and report back. Quark has quite a tart taste, which puts a lot of people off, but I think it's great for sauces - and it's free :D

Last edited:
Did someone say "diet"?

Pah! Just a few tweaks - take out the fat, mash the potatoes with a splash of milk, not a ton of butter....and look...

Sainsbury's BGTY sausages 1 syn each and they're really good. Will be buying them again!

Attachments

• image-2566109818.jpg
    image-2566109818.jpg
    582.3 KB · Views: 25
Mmmm looks great, nothing like bangers and mash on a cold night!

I've ordered some Joe's Sausages, arrive Wednesday - expensive but with just me, I can stretch them out a bit :). I know they aren't 'endorsed' by SW anymore as free, but they are very low fat and the taste is great.

Mmmm looks great, nothing like bangers and mash on a cold night! I've ordered some Joe's Sausages, arrive Wednesday - expensive but with just me, I can stretch them out a bit :). I know they aren't 'endorsed' by SW anymore as free, but they are very low fat and the taste is great.

I've not tried them - seem to remember thinking the minimum order amount was too much for me without being confident they were good. Do you recommend their stuff? I know SW won't endorse them any more (or any other branded product claiming to be syn free), but if they provide full nutritional values we can run it through the calculator and I bet they're extremely low syn.

Yes I have eaten them before - I know the min spend seems a lot but they are such good quality and taste great. I emailed them in December to ask if they were still free (unofficially) and here's their response, which - reading between the lines - would indicate that their recipe hasn't changed and they could still be classed as free.

"We originally set up Joe's to make diet products that worked very well with a certain diet plan and as such were an approved supplier for many years. The company running this particular diet plan no longer approves products from small companies like us. As a result of this, unfortunately, we are no longer allowed to advise you as to the suitability of our products or their "values" on this diet plan; this includes responding to email and Facebook correspondence (if you are following this diet plan, you can, of course, check for yourself using the nutritional information we provide). Using the calculator provided by your diet club on their website. Furthermore we are not permitted to use its name, or any of its trade marks with the exception to the statement provided by them (see below). Despite being confident that what we were doing in advising our customers was permitted under the law, our solicitors advised us that the proposed lawsuit for potential trade mark infringement could have cost us £50k to defend and more if we had lost, so we had no choice but to back down. As a family run business, we simply couldn't take the risk, because losing any part of the lawsuit would have destroyed Joe's.

"Neither Joe's Sausages nor any of our products are in any way approved or endorsed by, or otherwise associated or affiliated with Slimming World®. If you have any queries relating to the suitability of any products for the Slimming World® plan we advise that you contact Slimming World® directly at
www.slimmingworld.com.

An alternative option is to head to *************/joessausages page and ask one our 21,000 lovely page likers to help you, most of the time somebody will answer quite quickly.

"I’m really sorry we can’t help you any further, but once you have checked our products values on your diet, I’m sure you will be pleasantly surprised, and amazed that you could probably eat the whole order in one day, if you so wished."

Love the last comment :D. The nutritional information is all online. \be great if you could look at that for me - or I can do it next week once I've joined up.

No chance to have lunch today - and wasn't prepared well so I hadn't packed a box to take with me. But a Nakd bar (8 syns) and lots of fruit kept me going until I got home. Then I made this :

(Sorry it's sideways - can't seem to rotate it on the iPad!)

Attachments

• image-1144708762.jpg
    image-1144708762.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 30
Back