FAIL Day

LadyHelen

No Coffee, No Workee
Hi guys, hope you're all doing OK. I'm still reading here even if I'm not posting very much. A lot of the time I'm so tired and hurt so much (epilepsy/fibromyalgia) that keeping up with all my online stuff is impossible. :cry:

Anyway. I had a horrific FAIL day of epic proportions yesterday. The morning was OK, the usual Weetabix and banana at breakfast, a Hi-fi bar and another banana at work in the morning, but the wheels fell off at lunchtime. :sigh:

My friend and I were taking our other friend out for lunch for her birthday so she got to choose the venue - she chose the local Italian all you can eat buffet. Oh boy.

I knew before I went in that unless I had a plate of lettuce, tomato and cucumber there was nothing SW friendly on offer.

So what did I do? Instead of having 1/3 plate of salad and some other stuff which would have been sensible, I pigged myself stupid on lasagne, pasta, pizza and creamy salads and then even went back for more. I don't even know why, I was full after the first plate. :cry:

Last night I felt so ill that I didn't bother trying to eat dinner. In the end I had a yogurt and a banana so I could take my medication and a hi-fi bar later when I actually was hungry.

I want to do this so badly, more than anything else in the world but I keep pressing the self-destruct button. I just don't know why. :break_diet:

Sorry guys, I think I needed to vent more than anything else. I know what I need to do, I just need to actually DO it. And somehow keep my finger off the button and stop letting my evil subconscious mind sabotage and destroy my chances of losing weight.

If I'm not going to completely spoil my chances of losing any weight at all this week I'm going to try to stick to 5 syns a day or less for the rest of it. WI is on Wednesday morning.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
We all do it. Once in a while its ok. You haven't hurt anyone so there are worse things in life. Draw the old line and start again cos thats what flexi syns are for.Lots of hugs and hope the pain etc ease.xxx:grouphugg:

Thanks Louise xx

I think they call this life..... It will always get in the way and we wont always "do the right thing" at the time, however as you yourself have pointed out it can be clawed back. If you do gain this week you know precisely why

It sounds to me like you are going through a lot and maybe need to give yourself a break and not be too hard on yourself. It is one slip on one day of a long journey.

Well done on your losses so far, and I have faith you can keep at it

Hugs xxx

We all do it babe :( You're really not alone, and here is the right place to come and rant about it. You will always have support from all of us! I know you said it's hard to keep up with your online stuff with your conditions but just think of it this way: Millions of people have access to this thread whether they're a member or not. Someone, at some point, every day, will read your first message and feel for you. They will have read your story and it will be in their minds. It will probably cross their minds again at some point or another. You'll always be in someone or other's thoughts. They'll feel a little less down for having slipped up the same way you did, because they'll realise they're not the only ones! And they'll see how you've decided to better the wrong choices you made by having less syns, so they'll take the same approach and it will all be because of you :)

Chin up girlfriend!
XXX

We all do it babe :( You're really not alone, and here is the right place to come and rant about it. You will always have support from all of us! I know you said it's hard to keep up with your online stuff with your conditions but just think of it this way: Millions of people have access to this thread whether they're a member or not. Someone, at some point, every day, will read your first message and feel for you. They will have read your story and it will be in their minds. It will probably cross their minds again at some point or another. You'll always be in someone or other's thoughts. They'll feel a little less down for having slipped up the same way you did, because they'll realise they're not the only ones! And they'll see how you've decided to better the wrong choices you made by having less syns, so they'll take the same approach and it will all be because of you :)

Chin up girlfriend!
XXX

I couldn't agree more - a lovely post.

Today is a new day, and you have such a good strong attitude. Well done you for taking back control and moving forward, despite all the pain/meds/exhaustion.

Take care :) xx

Thank you! :) You're all so lovely! Sometimes when I'm feeling like this, just coming here makes me feel a hundred times better. xxx

a bit o/t but i had chronic fatigue syndrome after glandular fever for a few yrs(all the same symptoms as fibromyalgia), my mum forced me to go for acupunture.

Since she wouldnt shut up about it I finally gave in and went for a session. I always thought that sort of stuff only worked if you believed in it but out i came after an hr or acupuncture, cupping and acupressure like a different person!

After approx 2 months of treatment I was 95% pain free, no longer had to go straight from work to bed. I couldnt recommend it enough and I had tried everything from the docs!

But back to the main point of your post the most important thing is that you havent let one bad day throw you off for the rest of the week and got straight back to it.

Good luck at weigh in! :flowers:

hi there, i had a very bad day yesterday. indian takeaway washed down with a big bottle of pear cider. had a lb gain on friday which was totally undeserved and kind of thought "what the hell? may as well be bad as ive already been punished." glad im not alone with these slip ups and you've now inspired me to get back in the zone. i shall be making my 12-speed soup to have for a few days this week, that'll do the job. good luck with weds, im sure you'll be ok. think our bodies need a binge now and again to start burning more calories. x

Thank you Carrie, and good luck to you too xx

Nin - I'm waiting for my rheumatology appointment now to talk about my fibro and have it confirmed (the diagnosis is from my GP at the moment) so it'll be interesting to see what they say. I'm short of cash at the moment so can't pay privately for any alternative treatments - really glad they worked for you though!

Thank you for your support lovey x

Oh I've been there so many times and kicked myself for pushing the big 'self destruct' button when I know how important losing this weight is to me then when other people tell me they have done it I can honestly say to them "don't feel bad, instead feel good about what you've achieved so far! Your human, everyone will have a wobble at some point the important thing is to not let it beat you, say to yourself right I enjoyed that wine, chocolate, takeaway etc. now I'm going to draw a line under it and get back on the plan." Words of wisdom indeed but how come I can't apply them to myself?! I think we put so much pressure on ourselves sometimes we forget to be kind to ourselves, end up feeling worse about ourselves, then thinking whats the point? and giving up on ourselves :( But we've got to keep strong, pick ourselves back up, forgive ourselves the odd off day and think I will get there in the end! :) xxx

Back