Failed Today!!

AlmostThere85

I woke up, had a onion and pepper and mushroom omelette. Then I went for a 6 mile run. I got in and had some grapes. Had a shower and had to rush straight out to drop something urgent off at work (day off grrrr) and then I had a doctors appointment. Then I caved, I wasn't organised. For my lunch I had a weight watchers sweet chilli chicken wrap and it was 13syns. I know it's not a huge deal and it was only 275 calories. I'm sure a baked potato with beans or a pasta would be same calories. Anyway since then I've been to physio and shops. Had black coffee and fruit salad.

Anyway I already planned to have 2 glasses of wine tonight. I've not drank alcohol in about 3 months. I'm having beef casserole, carrots, peas and new potatoes for my evening meal which takes me up to my 15syns, that's not including the wine obviously.

Do you think rather than having my HEXA and HEXB I could have the wine instead. I know that sounds like a silly question. I just know if I have the wine my daily syn allowance will drop each day for rest of week. And.....I have basketball tournament tomorrow and I can't cope with less syns.

I just don't want to fail.....and I know I should eat my HEXA and B and usually do. But thought just once I could swap them for wine.

I'm reading this back and thinking it someone wrote this and I read it, I'd tell them to stop worrying. A 275 calorie wrap was probably a good choice compared with the higher calorie alternatives, enjoy the wine and start fresh tomorrow. But I can't help thinking I've failed again.

Advice please.

Ok firstly- I don't see where you have failed! I hardly class an unplanned lunch in a day that included a 6 mile run as failing!

Secondly, you sound like you know what the answer will be to the wine instead of healthy extras! If you have eaten enough and are full without your healthy extras then don't eat them for the sake of it, however this wont make any difference to your syn allowance for the day. X

Also 2 glasses of wine will be say 12syns? You will only need to give up 2-3 a day for the rest of the week to compensate..

Cheers!!! Maybe I am being a bit OTT!!
It's just even tho I have lost 50lbs in 9months I've been either 168/167/166 lbs for 7 weeks in a row. I just get mad at myself if I go wrong as I wanna move past this weight so bad.

Cheers!!! Maybe I am being a bit OTT!!
It's just even tho I have lost 50lbs in 9months I've been either 168/167/166 lbs for 7 weeks in a row. I just get mad at myself if I go wrong as I wanna move past this weight so bad.

You are virtually at a perfect weight. It sounds like your body has reached an equilibrium. You have done a lot of exercise today, easily burning off those syns. Dont worry about it.

If you look at what you have consumed today including the meal you have planned this evening as a whole, it is perfectly acceptable. If you go over by a few syns it wont make a blind bit of difference.

However, to get down to your chosen goal weight, you might need to look at a tighter regime like slimming world's 'success express'.

The healthy extras aid ur weight loss. The fibre in healthy extra b will help u go toilet and cheers or milk aid ur digestion so no matter how many syn you hav u have to have Atleast one healthy extra a and b.

I have only had 1 b today.. Will this affect my weight loss?

Standard extra easy is one healthy A and one healthy B. They wont really aid your weightloss but they are an important part of making sure you get the nutrition that could be missed from free and superfree foods.

There is some research that showed people in a study had measurably better weightloss when they kept using dairy products than a group that gave up dairy.

Some things are good for you, but in limited quantity, HE B and HE A are ways of encouraging us to have these products but not over indulge.

I struggle with HEXA. I have to try and add it to meals so I dont notice it. I am not a big cheese fan, I like it melted occasionally.. I do like almond milk/ coconut milk. So I do count these as HEXA (not in my book) but only in porridge. Or occasionally on Weetabix if it just soaks in and there isn't any left floating at the bottom.

Needless to say I take a calcium supplement. But I do always get my HEXB!

gazter said:
Standard extra easy is one healthy A and one healthy B. They wont really aid your weightloss but they are an important part of making sure you get the nutrition that could be missed from free and superfree foods.

There is some research that showed people in a study had measurably better weightloss when they kept using dairy products than a group that gave up dairy.

Some things are good for you, but in limited quantity, HE B and HE A are ways of encouraging us to have these products but not over indulge.

I follow just green days so usually have 2 of each! So i doubt it won't hurt to have just had the one today!

You need to eat your hexa and hexb every day, they do help your weight loss.
Look at it logically a 6 mile run has probably burned well over 600 kcals so an extra 200 for your wine will be fine don't worry, just have a fresh start and stick to it for the rest of the week. You have not failed, but your aware of what you've taken in and thats fine.

You can't trade foods! Yes the calories for the wrap may be the same as a baked potato but its not a free food like a baked potato.

Trading wine for healthy extras just isn't following the plan! Even burning calories on a run doesn't help, there are no rewards for exercise on SW ( it's not like WW )

Best thing to do, have your healthy extras, count the wine syns and add to the 15 you've had today. Just deduct from the rest of the weeks syns.

Doing what you plan to do is a recipe for falling off the wagon.

Well PERSONALLY I would just have the wine anyway and forget about the healthy extras just for ONE day, and if you didn't have anything else that day after the wine I highly doubt it would affect your weightloss, but that's just me lol

I just had the wine in the end but been 100% today.

I'm just not going to worry about it, one bad day out of 9 months isn't bad going ;)

Thanks for the advice. It was silly getting so worried about a wrap.

Done 5 hours o basketball and an hour of tennis today, so burnt that wrap off for sure. :)

I just had the wine in the end but been 100% today.

I'm just not going to worry about it, one bad day out of 9 months isn't bad going ;)

Thanks for the advice. It was silly getting so worried about a wrap.

Done 5 hours o basketball and an hour of tennis today, so burnt that wrap off for sure. :)

If you are doing that quantity of exercise you must make a really special effort to re-eat some of those calories. To do it strictly on plan (as suggested earlier), eat lots of lean meat and fruit, and i mean lots, including those starchy potatoes and baked beans. Your body wont appreciate you potentially starving of fuel.

Hiya! Thanks for the advice. I usually exercise 5 days a week. I take basketball very seriously and on the days when training is long or tournament days I do make a special effort to eat more.
Especially breakfast. Actually eating more usually encourages bigger weight loss which is crazy really.

Hiya! Thanks for the advice. I usually exercise 5 days a week. I take basketball very seriously and on the days when training is long or tournament days I do make a special effort to eat more.
Especially breakfast. Actually eating more usually encourages bigger weight loss which is crazy really.

It will be how the slimming world rules result in you eating a diet that can range between regular low calorie and very low calorie. Very low calorie diets can over a sustained period result in your metabolism slowing considerably. Your exercise raises the amount of calories a day you need to eat before you get into that stage....

eat, eat, eat, eat....

Back