Chris Judson

So,
today was doing so well.

Breakfast: overnight oats
Lunch: left over sw spagetti bolognaise (pasta rather than spagetti)
Drinks: latte on the way to work (less than 250ml semi-skimmed milk), black coffee with breakfast, a Tetley 50/50 cup of tea with a small amount of semi-skimmed milk

THEN

someone did a leaving presentation at work and so doughnuts were brought in....had one...#failed.

Aw it doesn't sound like you've failed to me :) What kind of doughnut was it? Looking on the SW website a jam doughnut is only 9.5 syns so I'm sure you can work that into your daily allowance as it seems you've been syn-free all day other than that, that's what syns are for. Just count it towards your daily syns, watch your intake for the rest of the day and carry on. You've done so well already :)

I have no idea what syn means but i know some of these diets can be quite strict, but One donut and latte doesnt sound too bad to me!

Not a fail at all. Looking on the slimming world app it lists most donuts in the 3-9 syns region so you haven't even gone over your syn limit there. Try not to be so hard on yourself and be proud of yourself of only having one! If someone brought donuts to my place of work i'd struggle to stop at one so you did really well! Try looking for the positive and the win as opposed to the negative and keep up the good work! :)

I watched a programme ages ago that was about diets and state of mind.
One group was given cake and told it was 10000 calories (I forget the exact amount) the the other group was given the exact same cake but told it was very low calorie, 150 or something...
The group who was told it was massively high calorie all talked about going to get curry, eat chips etc etc... The 'low calorie' group didn't talk about going crazy...

Anyway - moral of story is - don't think of it as a failure because you're far more likely to quit.

Just keep going, one meal at a time :)

Reactions: Hoz
Back