Fair, forty but not fat!

Green tea as well. It's taking a bit of getting used to, but I'm knocking back a couple of cups a day.

I think I do need to work out exactly what calories I am burning with the exercise. Everything's so finely balanced here it's ridiculous! I have to up by 100 at least if I'm exercising (hence the scotch eggs!) - but I suppose to some extent it's going to be trial and error. I just want the lbs gone already :)

Mogg im in thinking mode again.. LOL how much is the most u have lost in a month??

please x

I'm not sure. I think I lost 16 or so lbs in December. I had a stall around New Year because of too much booze :whistle: then shifted stone number 2 by early Feb.

Mostly I've been losing 2-3lbs a week, but that's slowed down a little bit lately and it's closer to 2lbs a week at the moment.

If I was fitter and more active it would be going a lot faster. As it is... as long as it does actually go, I can wait it out. Mostly ;)

Feeling a bit wobbly this morning, so I'm going to have to be careful today. Longer day at work as well - 8am 'til 5pm and no lunch break to speak of :( But I'm out of bed and even though I can feel issues, I'm still going :)

Weight has been static for the past couple of days, so I'm hoping for a tiny drop tomorrow or Friday. Even a little bit will take me to the magic 50lbs mark! Seem to have been waiting forever to get there. Having said that, there's only 4 lbs between that and hitting the upper end of the 12 stones and 6lbs to my 4 stones gone for good. Looks like the next few weeks might feel very positive. I hope!

It's too early to tell what (if any) effect the cross-trainer is having. Hopefully I'll start seeing a few changes across May. Looks like there's everything to play for.

Today's food:
Breakfast - yoghurt (low-fat bio) and fresh raspberries
Lunch - low fat boursin, Jacob's Savours, grapes, mixed green salad
Dinner - Tuna steak and salad with tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions etc

Morning Mogg lovely menu today.. Tuna steak sounds tasty :))

I'm on route to stock up on green tea, hope your day goes well x

I think I've had a bit of a Maths blonde moment! If 42lbs is 3 stones, then a further 8lbs makes 50lbs gone (obviously). Which means I need to be 13 stones 4lbs or 186lbs. For some reason I'd thought it was at 13st 3lbs/185lbs instead.

SO - I lost the 50lbs over the weekend and am actually on the cusp of having lost 51lbs.

In a word - doh! In a second word - SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

YAY!!!!! Your maths sucks... but more importantly... YAY YAY YAY!!!!

Maths is definitely not my forte. Can't believe I missed such a momentous occasion ;) Have treated myself to an iPod nano to clip onto my shirt when I'm on the cross trainer as a "well done" for the 50lbs achieved. It also holds the guilt factor - having spent so much money, I can't now give up on the cross trainer!

Still aching a lot today, which doesn't bode well. Going to try the cross trainer tonight, but with a bail-out option at 10 mins if it's really starting to cause problems.

Looking forward to the long weekend :D Today I'm wearing a gorgeous new Hobbs skirt in a size 16. It fits brilliantly, and is actually a bit loose around the waist. Loads of compliments from various colleagues when I went back to work - think a combo of the 50lbs and the hair cut has made people do a double-take ;) It feels gooood.

Next stop is in 3 and a fraction of a lbs' time when I cross into the 12 stones. Can't wait!

Managed the full 20 mins on the cross trainer today. Will prob regret that tomorrow, but oh well ;) Seemed to go faster this time and covered 0.2km more in the 20 mins, burning 197 cals. Looks like the measurements are about right on the machine, so a big yay for clever machinery!

Haven't eaten as well as usual today. Got sidetracked by a little bag of Haribo (couldn't help myself!) and had a choc chip biscuit with my cuppa at break time. It's not going to make any difference and the exercise calories should have ofset that nicely. Going to have a salad with some venison tonight and that has me at around 800 net by the end of the day - which is about right.

Weigh-in tomorrow. Here's hoping the exercise has made a little difference...

All confused about my numbers this week. I've either lost 2 or 3lbs :D I'm pretty certain it's 3. Either way, I'm down to 185lbs! Woooo!

The impressive thing is the fat/muscle % after the 3 x 20 mins on the cross-trainer this week. I've gone up by a whole % of muscle and lost just over 1% of body fat. I'm really pleased with that and hopefully can do a similar sort of thing next week.

19lbs left to go between now and my birthday. Hopefully the slowly increasing muscle will help burn the fat off a bit faster.

Last edited:
Drop of nearly 1lb on the scales this morning. Could this exercise thing actually be working? Back on the cross trainer this morning to try and burn another 200 calories and we'll see how it goes.

Lovely meal last night - a chicken breast with asparagus, all rolled in parma ham. Gorgeous! Going to finish up the venison today and hope my kids hoover up the remaining cake after yesterday's Royal wedding street party. The temptation is definitely lurking!

Aiming to shift 3lbs this week if I can. It'll take me to 13 stone exactly. It's been a very long time since I was that weight!

Heey Mogg how's your weekend??

i am starting CC tomorrow morning cant wait ..x

You'll be great on CC, although I imagine the switching over is a bit of a shock!

Weekend's going pretty well. Had a bit of a chill-out day today as I think I've overdone it with the exercise and my body's stopped working :cry:but we're hopefully off to the beach tomorrow (it's our wedding anniversary!)

How about you? Hope you're having a good one :)

You'll be great on CC, although I imagine the switching over is a bit of a shock!

It sure will be Mogg.. but ive been out today and stocked up on red meat and bags of salad.. so will aim to eat low calories for atleast a month.. but no carbs just yet..
ive set up my fitness pal on my phone so will balance around 600-800 a day.. eat 850 on exercising days..:) while i dont gain weight im happy.!

How about you? Hope you're having a good one :)

yep ive had a lovely day.. been shopping , then asda shop.. and meet a friend for a quick catch up.!

now watching t.v.. are your looking to live near a beach..:p

Good luck today Shanny. You'll do great :D

We live about an hour away from the beach but have one of these
5437047736_3d1fba6be1_m.jpg

It's got a gas cooker and table and chairs and all sorts of beachy stuff in it, so it's fab for a day out with the kids.

Sunny today, so we're getting everything together and off! Going to have to do some paperwork tonight, but might as well enjoy the weather while it lasts :D

Possibly being a bit foolish, but did 20 mins on the cross trainer again today. Another 200 cals down. I know it adds up to less than half a lb a week, but I'm thrilled with the fact I'm doing this. Six months ago it just couldn't have been possible. I know I'll always have the ME but I'm feeling optimistic that I might be able to manage it. I've got a long way to go, but the hope is definitely out there!

Have a small glass of champers tonight to celebrate our 18th (!) wedding anniversary. I was a child bride ;) It's the first alcohol I've had in weeks, so watch me get the giggles and fall over :D

Back