Fajitas

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Ricky1978, 20 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Ricky1978

Ricky1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(12.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Right, so here's the problem.. I love fajitas lol. Not really a problem in normal life but it is in slimming world.

So I've solved a few of the problems, home made salsa is syn free, half fat sour cream isn't too bad at all and the whole packet of fajita mix isn't too many syns at all. Now my only issue is the wraps.

I used wholemeal wraps this weekend but realised afterwards that they are actually quite high in syns. Has anyone got any ideas of things I could use instead of bread wraps, or should I just have the fajita filling in a bowl with some rice or something. I'm sure there must be something, I considered lettuce leaves in a sort of mexican 'dim sum' type thing.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Aileen

Aileen Full Member

What about wholemeal pittas? Are they any better?

4. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    WW tortilla wrapes are 4 syns each, better than the ones that are like 7-8 per wrap in the packs x

5. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You could make some Smash up, a bit like the smash pizza recipe and half cook it, put the stuff in and roll it up? Not sure if this would work, but it's gotta be worth a go?

6. karenk

karenk Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.93%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You could maybe try making some egg wraps. Whisk up eggs then spray a pan with frylight and add a thin layer of egg. This would be free on red or ee. Not sure whether it would affect the taste of the fajitas or not.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.