Total Solution FakeFrowns' Diary

FakeFrowns

Hello :)
I decided to write a diary on here so that I keep accountable and have somewhere to weigh in but also have a moan when I wish I could be eating!

My starting weight was 252.6lb yesterday and I would like to be 186lb or lower by the 30th of June 2011 and then i'll work on the last 30-50lb.

This is day 2 and i've had 2 shakes so far today. My parents are being supportive, my bother doesn't particularly care :p but my sister has been quite *****y about it. She doesn't agree with VLCD's and has made it quite clear. She lost some weight just by turning veggie and exercising but she has never been anywhere near as big as me so I don't think she really understand how I feel being this weight.

I've ordered some ketostix and some breath freshener spray and should have them next saturday which will also be my first official weigh in! I want to see if having a few trebor extra strong mints will affect me getting into ketosis. If they do then i'll have to try and find an alternative!

Well, i'd better go get ready for work but I shall be checking in tomorrow after what is going to be a very busy day!

FF :D

Well, its only the end of day 2 but I think I have a sign that I might be in ketosis. Ever since this afternoon, quite late, maybe about 4pm, I got a strange taste in my mouth. Its quite metallic, feels a bit like when you have something a bit bitter but tasty at the same time. Bearing in mind that I had it before cleaning my teeth and then it returned a short while after cleaning them, my breath also smells different, a bit sweet. I though I may be wrong, will have to see if its gone by the morning. Having my mints may not have an effect (I hope not!). Had a cheeky weigh and at the end of today, i'm 249.8lb! Already into the 17's but I won't update my sig any more until my official weigh day on saturday!
See you tomorrow :]
FF

Day 3
Feeling a bit eurgh today as it was very busy for me. Wasn't able to have my lunch shake at lunch time. Just had it now. I'll see how i feel in about half an hour or so and might have some bouillon (actually in love with the stuff!). Still got the icky metallic taste in my mouth. I'm currently at uni and didn't bring any scales with me so I can only weigh when I go home on friday. Probably a good thing as I start to daily weigh and get despondent when I don't see it moving down :p I really need to clean up my room and hide any remaining food stuffs in a box under my bed, just lacking a bit of oumph. I have some pasta and sauce to hide away in case I have a proper carb wobble!
FF

As its now the evening and it would be the usual grazing time, i'm so wanting something to chew. There's a pot noodle in my draw hidden away and its so tempting. I had a big mug of bouillon to fill me up and I feel full but its just the need to chew. I'm not going to let this get the better of me! I sat in front of a friend earlier this evening while she munched on some very tasty looking potato wedges. Sucks but they wouldn't have tasted as good as losing weight will this week!

I'm mainly typing this to keep me distracted from said pot noodle. Might make up my last shake and down a bottle of water. Keep needing the loo every 5 minutes at this rate!
FF

Well done, I'm on Day 3 also. Sounds like you've got it mastered! Bin that Pot Noodle!:D

Hi Fakefrowns I'm on Day 3 too. Think I'm getting ketosis signs - rank taste in my mouth. Went out and bought mouthwash and spray today as I'm a little paranoid :eek:

Had a major upset tummy this morning but apart from that I'm finding it ok. What about you have you got any side effects?

Keep going x

Just popping in to say hello and welcome :) The first week really is the hardest, so if you can stick it out you'll be flying :D I never thought I'd make it past the first two days, but here I am now doing week 10 and still going strong!
Are you having the Exante bars at all, or any of the subsitutes (Tesco Ultraslim etc.)? I find that they do satify my need to chew, and they're a nice sweet treat in the evenings while I'm watching TV.

Good luck with the rest of your first week....and STEP AWAY from the Pot Noodle!!! ;)
x

Thank you for your posts! I think I will bin the pot noodle, just knowing its there is temptation in its self. The only side effects I have are the strange metallic taste, odd smelling urine (not unpleasant as such, just different!) and a very gurgley tummy. Well done you guys on making it through day 3 too and Alex, 10 weeks is amazing! Do you do an AAM week or random days? I don't think I could go that long without a chew of something. I went for shakes only as the ones I had on diet chef were nasty, might get my hands on some of those tesco ultra slim ones, what are they like?
FF :eek:

hi and welcome well done on getting past those first few days they are the hardest ..........i always have that horrible taste in my mouth and im always worried about my breath im a smoker so i dont think that helps, i brush my teeth all the time that seems to help and good mouth wash lol .................. good luck xxx

Day 4!!!
Haven't cracked yet, I think its actually getting easier! I need to drink more water though, don't think i'm drinking enough and if thats the key to shedding the pounds then i'd best get on it! I think yesterday I had the 3 x 250ml shakes, about 400-500ml of bouillon and about 750ml of actual water so thats almost 2 litres. I'll check in later, might have some hunger pangs by then but currently feeling fantastic :]

Well done on making it to Day4. Same here, I'm finding it fine. I think the secret is f
drinking loads of water. Never drank boullion, must try it for a change.

Best of luck to-day,

Conor

Thank you for your posts! I think I will bin the pot noodle, just knowing its there is temptation in its self. The only side effects I have are the strange metallic taste, odd smelling urine (not unpleasant as such, just different!) and a very gurgley tummy. Well done you guys on making it through day 3 too and Alex, 10 weeks is amazing! Do you do an AAM week or random days? I don't think I could go that long without a chew of something. I went for shakes only as the ones I had on diet chef were nasty, might get my hands on some of those tesco ultra slim ones, what are they like?

Thank you :) I can hardly believe that we've stuck it this long to be honest....although the time does fly after the first week is over!
I'm doing this diet with my boyfriend, and we chose to do AAM week last week (Week 9). Officially, you're supposed to do it every 4 weeks, but it seems that not many people do that. We decided to choose roughly the half way mark between our start date and Christmas.
I must say, I really enjoyed having some 'proper' food after so long, but we did plan it thoroughly, so we weren't tempted to go crazy (the week's menu in on my diary if you fancy a peek - the link is in my signature). I'm not saying that our meals were a good example - they were probably a bit higher in calories than you're supposed to have, but we enjoyed it! :D
We got back on the Exante on Sunday, and it was hard going back to the packs, but I know it'll be alright after a few days.

The Ultraslim bars in my opinion are much nicer than the Exante ones. The chocolate are like a really rich chocolate rice crispie cake with a layer of chocolate underneath, and the raspberry ones are like a raspberry cereal bar really, with a yoghurt layer on the bottom.
I prefer the raspberry, but it's down to personal taste :)

Have a great day!
x

Thanks for your post Alex! I think i'm going to try and get my hands on some of the raspberry ones as I love that solid yoghurt stuff. I also read your diary, very inspirational stuff, it must be such a comfort and support to have your fella doing it along side you. :p

Well, its getting to the end of day 4. I'm very proud of myself this evening as I went to the shop on campus to get some cigarettes and coke zero, bearing in mind that 99% of the stock is aimed at students so the place is like a carb smorgasbord! I didn't cave, I even wondered down the worst aisle (had pot noodles AND cheese and onion pastries, my weaknesses). I've also done a little experiment with the shakes by mixing a choc pack with a banana one and its pretty darn tasty! I'm not too keen on the choc ones, too powdery. So now i'm settled down to get some work done with a big mug of bouillon, my shake for afters with coke zero and water to sip on. 4 days at 100% so far, can't wait to say 4 weeks!!!

Good morning day 5!
Had my first shake, feeling quite tired today but thats probably caused by the late night I had last night. Got a full day ahead of me so I hope I don't crack! Will check in this evening.

I've got such a foul headache today, probably not had enough water yet. Had about a litre so far. Finally been able to get home to have my bouillon and shake. Feeling quite tired too but I had a bad nights sleep. I think i'll just veg out and watch something on my laptop and drink my stuff.
On the plus side, no more hunger pangs!!! (just the desire to chew but that will fade I hope)
FF :p

well done nearly wi time for you and im glad the hunger pains have at last gone they are horrible i actually would of eaten my arm on day 2 if i had thought it would taste nice lol ............ i dont miss chewing but still miss the taste of food think i always will i just go one day at a time, this time of night it my hardest were as mornings im this is so easy, i never was a breakfast person just an evening muncher so thats why i guess lol ............. good luck for tomorrow your doing great :) xxx

Thanks for your post :] I'm not feeling so good, i'm suffering from a poorly tummy. I've been 100% today and drank a lot more water than previous days. I hope my tummy settles down tomorrow. Think i'm going to crawl into bed at 8 and get a decent nights sleep.
FF :(

How are you doing today FF? Hope the tunny has setlled down.
My fella had a dodgy tummy for a couple of weeks after starting Exante. He had the runs, which a lot of people put down to suddenly getting a massive hit of vitamins and minerals in 3 doses per day.
I tend to have the opposite problem though, so at the moment I'm using the occasional laxative to keep things moving (sorry if that's TMI :eek:). The increased water should help though, that's really important on a VLCD.

Hope you're feeling a bit better either way x

How are you doing today FF? Hope the tunny has setlled down.
My fella had a dodgy tummy for a couple of weeks after starting Exante. He had the runs, which a lot of people put down to suddenly getting a massive hit of vitamins and minerals in 3 doses per day.
I tend to have the opposite problem though, so at the moment I'm using the occasional laxative to keep things moving (sorry if that's TMI :eek:). The increased water should help though, that's really important on a VLCD.

Hope you're feeling a bit better either way x

I'm feeling alright, not caved yet. Been watching the biggest loser this evening. My tummy seems to have quietened down today. When I get home tomorrow evening, I think I might take a dulcolax and then start having fybogel once a day to see how it goes. I'm no longer tired, bit spacey though and a little forgetful, was before so hopefully no one has noticed! So excited for weigh in on Saturday morning. I'm hoping to see 245lb or maybe a little less :D

I feel like i've finally turned that corner that everyone else seems to get when they no longer feel physically hungry but still get the little urge to chew on something.

Must go have my final mug of bouillon and shake!

Well i'm finally going to bed after a very long day. Food has been on my mind a lot, I think daydreaming about it kinda helps me in a round-a-bout way in that it doesn't make me feel like i'm missing out, more of what my old habbits were like. Going to an all you can eat chinese buffet and having 2/3 platefuls then to the cinema and have a large popcorn or how lunch would be a cheese and onion pasty or two, crisps, chocolate and some fizzy drink or how I used to secretly order a family KFC type bucket from a local take away and hide in my room and devour the lot. Being on this diet has opened my eyes to my unhealthy relationship with food and has shown me that I was stuck in a cycle. I'd feel down about feeling so fat and ugly that i'd never have a fella or that I couldn't buy anything nice in the shops to wear on a night out or how I felt like people were looking at me cause I felt so fat and because of that, i'd turn to food for comfort.

I think i've got some me work to do but I feel like tonight has been a real turning point.
I think I need a mantra, maybe something like: Food does not bring happiness.
From a bit of a humbled FF :eek:
Over and out!

Back