Falafel recipe in new magazine

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sarahm85, 16 December 2009.

1. sarahm85

sarahm85 Well-Known Member

Just made the mixture up, currently chilling until later. They're free on Green/Extra Easy. I hope they taste as nice as they smell, I'm having a little party on Boxing Day so if these turn out well I'll be making them again! Has anyone tried these out yet?
  2. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

the only problem I have with fafafel is it is sooo dry but on the positive side it is filling. I shall look forward to hearing the verdict of SW version
  3. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Well-Known Member

I saw the recipe for those and thought they looked nice, so will be interested in how good they are.
  4. BritMumInCanada

I bet they would be nice with a yoghurt and mint dip.
  5. sarahm85

That's what they suggest in the recipe, to serve with VLF natural yoghurt flavoured with mint and red chilli.
  6. BritMumInCanada

oh does it lol. I didnt read the recipe yet, I just saw the picture, when I was flicking through.
  7. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Well-Known Member

They are very nice flavour wise but as already said, a bit on the dry side so deffinately do a dip. I added all sorts of different flavours to the ones I made such as a bit of mango chutney etc and as you only need a bit to add some flavour, i didn't syn it.
  8. BooBooChicken

BooBooChicken Well-Known Member

i make falafel and serve with total 0% yoghurt with a bit of lemon juice, garlic and fresh mint in (if i have any). i also make rice, a tomato sauce with herbs and serve with a mini pitta (syned).

it feels like a feast and is free except for the pitta - yummy!
  9. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

i love mango chuncky
  10. Chicky Noops

Chicky Noops Well-Known Member

Oooh I could just eat these now. Hope they're yummy!
  11. Juliewoo

Juliewoo Well-Known Member

I made these from another SW mag, can't remember the date. I didn't like them, tried to eat them but could manage only a few mouthfuls. I made the dip too :cry:

I was desperate to like them too

12. FloridaGirl

FloridaGirl Well-Known Member

sorry for dumb question but what are these? I ve not got the mag yet and never heard of them!!! thanks
  13. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Well-Known Member

I made these from an earlier mag & we all loved them.

Falafel's are made from chick peas & herbs I think you either love them or hate them :)
  14. Meli

Meli Well-Known Member

Sounds yummy...can't wait to get my mag!
  15. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Think spicy meatballs but with no meat and made from chickpeas :)
  16. kissme

kissme Well-Known Member

mmmm yummy chickpea burgers!!!!
  17. maypole

maypole loves to eat

do you think you can use tinned chick peas instead of dried?
  18. sarahm85

Evening everyone

I tried these last night. They were nice, but I think they could have done with more spice in them to give them a bit of a kick. The mixture makes quite a lot if you do them as little bite-sized ones. They are quite dry as already mentioned, so you definitely need something to dip them in!

As to using tinned chickpeas, I can't see why it wouldn't work as you have to blend them anyway.