Falling off the wagon early!

Jeniferous

Has anyone else fallen into the "its almost Christmas" trap yet and dived into a pile of deep fried yumminess like me?

I had a bad week week before last so was feeling motivated to have a good one this week. I was ok Tues/Wed/Thurs but then Friday i drank way too much, Saturday I ate rubbish and Sunday i ate worse rubbish and had more drink! I just can't seem to get my head in gear!

I think i need to go t-total straight after new year though as me and booze are not friends and i don't have the ability to stop once i've started. I will just drink till i'm incapable of drinking more!

Anyway - just wondered whether anyones got those "sod it its almost christmas" thoughts creeping in!

Yep same here, works Christmas party on Friday evening and I was quite good, but went off to London shopping on Saturday with a friend, got talked into having fish and chips for lunch - couldnt manage many chips but finished the fish then felt dreadful all afternoon/evening. Note sure what happened on Sunday but I could not stop munching. Back on track today but I think I have blown any chance of a loss on tuesday weigh-in.

I have those thoughts too, I've also got "help my assignment deadline is looming" thoughts so I have massive temptation. All I can suggest is that you jump back on the wagon at the next meal and put the rest behind you.

Oh yes! I fell off the wagon last Friday with hot sausage rolls, mince pie, pringles, then a visit to the chippie! I don't have my works Christmas dinner until Friday though, so I have managed to get back on track - telling myself I will be strong until then!

What it has made me really aware of this year is how much food features in my thoughts about Christmas, and getting into the Christmas spirit. I hadn't really thought about it before, but food seems to be the focal point of all my Christmas planning!

School carol service tomorrow in the local church - so will be leaving a nice stew in the slow cooker for when we get home. It's the only way I'll avoid the temptation of the takeaway on the walk home!

I'm trying to get the last few pounds off before going back to UK for Christmas, I know when I am at my parents I won't be healthy eating (or healthy drinking!), so am trying to do my best now. Have a Xmas meal this Sunday but will try and be good, and have tried to pick the best items I could from the menu.

Alcohol is the problem for me at the moment I am out tomorrow and was out at the weekend and last week. I have made a swap from my usual white wine to JD and diet coke. Even if you cannot be 100% just try to make small positive steps, and do not beat your self up over it. As they say tomorrow is another day, just start again tomorrow :)

Oh gawd I'm riding the wagon like a scooter one foot on and the other on n off on n off! I was off the wagon friday for 1 of 2 work do's then sat hung over n ate crap n it's been down hill from there including a chineese n a mcdonalds

Ok I need to STOP now!!!! Before it's too late n I'm a stone heavier! I am supposed to have the big work do/ drinkathon this Friday I'm thinking maybe u won't even go! Dammage limitation n all!

I am now feeling so fat

Shall we all just draw the line as of NOW!!!!

yep we've all done it.. today i had to stop. 2 weeks of eating badly, nearly 3. I've thankfully not gained too many pounds (thank god!) but all hard work of losing them had gone to waste. Back to thinking healthy :) The pleasure of unhealthy food lasts 1-2 seconds, the pleasure of feeling fit and healthy lasts forever :)
xx

Yes me. Bloomin' school. There's just food wafting around all over the place and it's all evilly high in syns. I succumbed to a mince pie today in a moment of weakness - I don't even LIKE mince pies (unless they're my own home made mincemeat and apple ones). I really need to get a grip.

Right here you go * passes 'a grip' now take a hold n draw a line with us :)

\im having this problem atm, people keep bringing in chocolates to the library to give us and mince pies... and like, Im obviousl not strong enough to say no yet. :( I feel bad!

I am trying soo hard not to fall into the "oh well it's almost Christmas" idea of things, and so far so good.

Apart from my Christmas meal tonight, I am going to be 100% on plan this week, and hopefully next week right up until Christmas Day.

I really don't want to ruin my weight loss just for one day :eek: Fingers crossed it will go to plan.

i've gone completely off plan and need to sort myself out... the devil on my shoulder is giving me all the excuses you could name just to give up until after christmas. :(

Brush that old devil off your shoulder and start listening to the angel on the other side instead.

Just think..is it worth it?? Come on, you can do it xx

Last day of school tomorrow. Thank god. Mostly pleased to be breaking up so not exposed to high-syn-rubbish-temptation as will be working in nurseries / baby rooms instead next week and won't be included in the share-arounds as an outsider.

I have been doing lots of exercise though, so hopefully undoing some of the damage as I go along.

Oh yes, I could have written this post myself!!

I vowed to be good right until xmas eve weigh-in but haven't succeeded very well this week! Until Tuesday, I had resisted anything bad but now I just can't seem to stop myself. Mince pies and mulled wine keep calling!

My aim is to not give up on SW (this the norm most years!) I will weigh in every week and then get back on the wagon 100% in January. I am also just going to take it one day at a time this time of year.

Me too :( I'm at home for a few days, and although my meals haven't been tooooo bad, my snacks have been! Have a dinner out tomorrow and next weds, but going to be as good as possible and up the exercise!

Good luck all xx

Back