Total Solution Faloola's Food Diary

faloola

Day 1

Woke up late as I wanted to start eating later today.

I had a vanilla shake which was nice

I have been sipping water and then popped to the supermarket to stock up on permitted drinks.

I have a bit of a headache and feel so empty I think it's lack of tea which I have to say will be THE hardest thing as I drink tea all day hate black tea so id rather not bother it's a small sacrifice though

Here's to the rest of the day

Had my mushroom soup for my second meal it was odd very sweet almost I added lots of black pepper and slugged it down with a cup of Bouillion not really my fav but it's ok

Had a bar of toffee and raisin for dinner really lovely! I did make it into two mini meals instead I had a dr pepper zero loads of water and a cup of tea which I had to put a splash of soy milk into and I felt loooooooads better I don't think one splash will effect my losses too much but I will have to see

So that is day 1 done! Excited to start day 2 I'm going to have a go at the coffee and vanilla shake for breakfast then try another soup for lunch and break the bar into two again! Isn't it sad I'm thinking of food already haha!

I did have a few headaches but I took paracetamol and ibuprofen and I was fine I think I'm going to be ok this week :)

Hey Faloola, how's it going so far? I've finally started day one. I had a very powdery banana shake as I mixed it with a fork lol. I'm looking forward to having the mushroom soup later. trying to wait as long as possible and I'll try and make the bar last too. Lisa xx

Day 2

Lisa Ann - really well thanks I am taking each day as it comes, I have also sorted out all my meals into bags so I know what I am having each day

Funnily enough I woke up excited about my breakfast - what a saddo?! It was so nice I could live on the vanilla shakes with hot water and coffee without a doubt!

I had lots to do today as I am planning my wedding so I got to 4pm before I even remembered I hadn't eaten which is good - maybe a sign of ketosis?!

I had the Tomato and Basil soup today - had to add lots of black pepper chilli powder and bouillion as it was far to 'milky' for my tastes. I don't mind the soups as I usually sip my soup from a cup so they slide down much easier!

I am having a bar of orange chocolate tonight

No headaches today so far loads of toilet visits which is fine until you leave the house :eek:

I am really enjoying this so far it is definitely the psychology of food I miss rather than actual food - but the I am only 2 days in we shall see how I get on later on in the week!

Really enjoying the lovely weather today - ok back to wedding plans *sigh*

Day 3

DAY 3: AKA the day I felt like crud *disclaimer* this will be a ranty post

So clearly I have hit my 'wall' I woke up fine had my 'porridge' if that is what it is :sigh: It must have been the way I made it but it was warm runny stuff :( I ate it but it wasn't the best..

Then I had to go to work for a meeting bear in mind I work in West London and live in Kent so this is no mean feat but imagine how rubbish I felt

I wasn't hungry at all I just felt 'empty' I was trying to describe it to my mum today I am not hungry at all I feel energised I just feel weird :(

Like I hate the world and people who are eating :jelous: I hate food for making me feel this way and I am just generally wanting to stop eating period

I reluctantly ate my soup and water and then I am now nibbling on my bar... I want this feeling to stop as this is awful

My goal is my wedding day which is so important to me which is why I am now committed and focused on losing weight - I am just feeling v v v v sorry for myself today

How do people do this long term :confused:

Hey Faloola,

Just having a read through your diry! STAY STRONG!!! trust me the first week is the hardest! I had terrible mood swings in the first week and anybody that had any food around me it was all I could do to not bat it out of their hands! especially when they were eatig soemthing fatty but they were skinny (I am a massively jealous person in generala anyway but that just made me mad).
However, I can confirm their is light at the end of the tunnel, stick with it and you will get into the routine. I hated the soups in general especially the mushroom and thai chicken ones. I can tolerate the veg and tom ones but still prefer shakes and bars and tend to know buy the bumper pack of shakes and bars plus a 50 box of porridge.
Re the porridge I am in love with the stuff. Best thing is to do it with around 50ml less water than recommend, add in som cinnamon and microwave for two mins, I let it stay a bit lumpy when stirring this as I think it makes it nicer when cooked! Also check out the 'how do you make yours' thread for tips, on how to make the shakes more mousse like etc. I absoluetly love mixing fresh strawberry's into the chocolate shake or strawbery shake when made into a mousse (its a slight cheat but I always allow myself a little fruit as it helps me stay on track)

Honestly stick with it, the weight loss is amazing and once you get into the habit you wont look back, I cant believe its been 7 weeks for me already as it feels like yesterday I was posting similar things in my diary when I first started!

You CAN and WILL do this :D:D:D:D

Hey Faloola, stay strong hun. I know how you're feeling this week as I've been struggling too. I'm having a better day today. I enjoyed the strawberry shake and the bar at dinner. I did feel a bit light headed earlier but I think that was because I'd left it too long between meals. I've never liked peppermint tea but I'm drinking it and actually enjoying it. Much better than black coffee. We will not be beaton lol Lisa xx

Day 4: AKA what a difference a day makes

Wow title says it all really. I woke up late today traumatised by the events that unfolded yesterday and was dreading the day

Thankfully I felt fine I had a pint of water and my strawberry shake then felt fine all day - I even went for a walk in the sun! I know it was risky but I weighed myself and I have lost 6lbs so far which is a huge boost and I know why I felt rubbish!

I have been sipped water all day and have finally had my second soup.

Things I have noticed: I prefer the shakes, the soups are 'ok' but the bars are a bit hit and miss, which is strange because I thought I would like having something to chew?

I think if I had my way I would have the soups and shakes and the occasional bar and I would be happy.

Niennor thank you for your kind words they are so appreciated, it is good to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel

And Lisa-Ann - we will do this! I am off to read your diary now x

Glad to hear things picked up yesterday, the scales are the best motivation ( obviously aside from the minimins girls :p )! I am addicted to the sales to the point where the OH tends to hide them from me a couple of times a week to stop me peeking!!!
Last night I blended my banana shake with ice, it was like banana ice cream and totally hit the spot after the gym on a hot day so I completely recommend it!!!

Hope your having a good day today :D

Hey gorgeous you seem much more positive today

I know it's only my second day but I love my bar I think I made it last about 50mins last night lol!! I like the shakes but didnt fancy the soups n get bored of porridge lol... I wanna try this buillion or whatever it is? Any way have a good day lots of motivation sent :D x

Day 5: The day I tried some exercise

I woke up feeling great which is always a good start to the day I made myself a banana shake with ice cold water (I must remember to make some ice today for my breakfast tomorrow)

I decided to try some exercise - I know what was I thinking right? but it was fine - I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred - it was only level one for 20 mins but boy I felt it!!! I feel ok - I was worried I would have no 'power' but it was fine - I just felt unfit. I won't get to do it everyday particularly when I am working as I do 17 hour days :eek: but I am going to try and do it on my days off - it all helps right?

My shaker cup came today which is good as I am back to work on sunday I think I will just have the shakes when I am on nights as it is easier - plus we have an ice maker so mmmmmmm

I had a mushroom soup for dinner - it is awful I really really just don't like them - I added pepper, salt, chilli the lot it still tastes YUCK! but I don't really care - I mean this is sustenance isn't it? it's another meal closer to my goal

I am going to force myself to eat a bar tonight and I may treat myself to a cup of tea with milk as I didn't have one yesterday and I LOVE my tea x

So onward and upward we go

Day 6: Seriously?!

I cannot believe it has been *just* 6 days feels like 6 years hahaha

Today has been so/so I am really not sure why - it's the mindset I think... I miss food :( not because I am hungry I just miss the happy feeling I get eating it!

I had a shake with ice today - really yummy loved it I have been sipping water and black coffee with a sweetener (yuck) and I can't face eating...

I have a family gathering tonight I can say I am not drinking due to work but there will be picky bits which are my favourite...

My OH keeps telling me I have done so well which is a really nice thing as he is not usually so complimentary. He doesn't understand my food issues as he is 'normal' eats little and often so his weight is stable. I nearly tackled him when he was eating beans on toast tonight - i'd kill for BOT mmmm

I just want to crawl into bed and hide! I do feel the difference in my clothes, my tummy has shrunk so that should be the boost I need..

Ok why I am doing this:

• I am getting married in 7 weeks today
  • My dress is gorgeous but I was sad about my upper body in it
  • I want to be a healthy BMI
  • I have not been focused enough to do something before now
  • I have a very bad relationship with food
  • I can do anything if I put my mind to it
  • This is the last resort!

COME ON I CAN DO THIS: butt kick!

food.food.food.food.food.food.food.food.food.food

You can and WILL do this!

Re nibbles if you have to have anything go for low carb, it's what I would do!

6 weeks will fly its just this initially start that feels like a life time.

Think of the scales, it will be one week tomorrow you should be proud of yourself!

Remember food will still be there after the diet in moderation!

Picture yourself in the wedding dress how you want it to look and YOU will look the way you want

Stay strong

X

Thanks Niennor

I am scared if I eat something 'low carb' it will make TS so hard or it could lead to my undoing haha I am going to try hard not to but I guess if I so I do x

Well I can only speak from experience and I know low carb and will power to not go nuts will be okay, I've eaten today though low carb and calorie so I feel no guilt, total carbs for the day is 76g and cals is 853 great for WS day.

You'll learn what's right for you, I wish I was as strong as some of the girls who are strictly TS but alas it's just not my bag, okay my losses will be lower and my target longer to reach but I feel like it will help me maintain in the long run and stops binges.

Either way as long as your Happy with yourself and your diet you'll be okay! Don't do anything that would make you feel guilty!!!!!

Day 7

So last night was good and bad, I forced a soup down before I went and then planned on seeing how I felt there before trying to stay 100%

I was planning on having a shake on my return but we were so late I didn't :confused: I was 100% TS but I only had two servings which I know is not good but I won't be doing it again

Today I feel good, I got up early and went to the bootfair on the hut for some vintagey bits for wedding decor, I have to say I got loads so I was dead chuffed to be honest I had a coffee and chocolate iced shake yum and now I am off to bed as I am on nights this week

I have planned to just take shakes with me as I think they are my fav

WI tomorrow :eek:

You can and WILL do this!

Re nibbles if you have to have anything go for low carb, it's what I would do!

6 weeks will fly its just this initially start that feels like a life time.

Think of the scales, it will be one week tomorrow you should be proud of yourself!

Remember food will still be there after the diet in moderation!

Picture yourself in the wedding dress how you want it to look and YOU will look the way you want

Stay strong

X

Thanks for this message it really really helped me, I had a fab night and I wasn't even tempted to eat - just totally empowered with my choice to do this x

Back