Family meal ideas

Hi there,

I am new to WW pro points and am on a tight budget at the moment so am wanting us all to eat the same meals as a family rather than cooking for hubby and little girl and then having something different myself.

Can anyone recommend some good ww pro point meal ideas that are family friendly?

Thanks in advance x

Hi,

Well its my first week but ive been having dinners, meat,veg and pots, one night i made fajhitas, and tonight ive had pork chop, beans and jkt potatoe x

soup is nice and cheap and nice for a change, i had it the other night brought a big family size tomato soup from heinz and shared between me, my partner, and my daughter and her friend, took the points for a portion on the tin and had a small roll with it, was lovely, dont have much soup but i really enjoyed it.

i also make a roast:
chicken roast x3 slices =3pp
roasted pots in oil- 150g =6pp
half a plate of veg= 0pp
gravy- using 4tsp = 2pp

=11pp all together and really yummy and filling, not that expensive either

u could do pots in frylight for less point if u wanted but i love real roasties, soo much nicer, and for me worth the pp

also gonna try tonight egg and beans on toast just have a craving for it, thats really cheap!
2x toast=4pp
205g heinz beans=5pp
fried egg (large)=3pp
oil for egg=1pp

13pp altogether

I make chips using potatoes and fry light. Really yummy and whole family love them. Feel like it's a real treat to have chips!!
There are some great recipes on this site, weight watchers site and philadelphia cheese have loads of lovely recipes on their site/app.

Think firm favourites like bolognese, cottage pie and stews are always good and can usually be made relatively cheaply, you can also bulk make and keep some in the freezer. I would also consider things like pasta bakes with some chicken and veg to bulk out the pasta. Always have some veggie soup in the freezer as well. Good luck.

Definitely cottage pie (or "shepherds" pie if you're irish lol). You can get this to stretch very far (its basically spuds and mince after all). Get round steak mince or ask for lean mince and that saves a LOT of pp. Add some carrots and peas to the mix to bulk out (add veg on the side too). Even a bit of grated cheese on top is delish. I had this last night and having the leftovers again tonight :) xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Back