FAO KD/CDC Advice please

British_Claire_84

Gold Member
I am currently doing SS+ and getting on fine with it :p

However, I would be really grateful for some advice please regarding possibly going up the plans soon for a short period. My issue is that i am currently undergoing training as a Special Constable which is every other weekend. This is going well at the moment and no problems at all with doing SS+ on it. The thing is though is that on 13th and 14th June i need to do my personal safety training. This is a very hectic weekend involving running round like idiots cuffing/batoning and gassing :D lol and i do not want or think i can cope with it whilst on SS+. I do not want to take the risk of feeling faint as if i fail this weekend i need to redo the course. I would rather just plan ahead and know i'll be doing a higher plan during that time and so able to cope.

I am on week 8 of SS+ this week. I am completely unsure what to do when i end my 12wks SS+. Do i do the 810 week and then stay on it till after this weekend of training? Or do the 810 week (due to be 27th May till 3rd June i think) and then do another week 810 (3rd to 10th june) and then 1000 plan (10th to 17th june)??? Or the 810 week, more SS+ till that particular weekend and then higher plan, 810/1000 for those two days??

Many thanks in advance for your replies, i would like to get things sorted in my head so that i know what i'm doing well ahead!! Then i can plan things out a bit..

Sorry for the garbled message, i'm a bit rubbish at explaining what i mean!! :eek:

xx

I am on week 8 of SS+ this week. I am completely unsure what to do when i end my 12wks SS+. Do i do the 810 week and then stay on it till after this weekend of training? Or do the 810 week (due to be 27th May till 3rd June i think) and then do another week 810 (3rd to 10th june) and then 1000 plan (10th to 17th june)??? Or the 810 week, more SS+ till that particular weekend and then higher plan, 810/1000 for those two days?

xx

KD trots off to medicine chest to get paracetamol and whisky before reading that again....find valium...that will do:D

After the 810 week, you could do SS+ again until perhaps a day or two before training, but you might prefer to stay on 810 rather than chop and change. It's really up to you, though I'd be inclined to just stay with 810 until the training day is over.

How fantastic to be a Special Constable :cool: Have fun :clap:

Hahahahaha... :giggle: :sign0007:

Sorry for giving you a headache KD!! Eeeek.. Told you i'm pants at explaining things. No wonder i never get an answer from my CDC when i ask him! :sigh: :ignore:

But thank you for your advice, so it's basically do the 810 week then back to ss+ n up to 810/1000 a day or two before the training and during? Or stay on the 810 throughout for approx 2 n half wks then back down to ss+ for the rest of my journey. Would there be much difference between these two options? Or is it just a case of personal preference? xx

Hahahahaha... :giggle: :sign0007:

Sorry for giving you a headache KD!! Eeeek.. Told you i'm pants at explaining things. No wonder i never get an answer from my CDC when i ask him! :sigh: :ignore:

LOL

so it's basically do the 810 week then back to ss+ n up to 810/1000 a day or two before the training and during? Or stay on the 810 throughout for approx 2 n half wks then back down to ss+ for the rest of my journey. Would there be much difference between these two options? Or is it just a case of personal preference? xx

Personal preference really, though I would probably stick with 810 until after the training day rather than try to get used to SS+ again just for a week

Good thinking batman, think i'll do that then. And try to fit some gym training into the equation too.

Many thanks for your help KD, you're a star! Knew you'd be able to make sense of my nonsense and give me an answer i'd understand rather than avoid the subject like my CDC! Ur brill! xx

Back