Fashion Emergency

vickihorror

Please help, returned from shops in tears:(

I have works night out on Friday, just drinking in pubs and maybe a karoke bar or something and i tried to get something to wear, and i look hideous in leggingz

Dresses seem to cling and show my overhaning stomach :confused:

I dont know what to wear, im only 27 and i feel like im 87 clothes wise totally un sexy and frumoy and will be stuck in some horrid shapless bag OR not even bother going

What can i get to wear before friday???

Ahhhh vikki! It so horrible ain't it! I k ow exactly what u mean! How about a maxi dress? Hides everything!!! X

What about jeans a long top? I live in my leggings I'm afraid :-/ love to wear a dress with them.

Or a skirt and nice top? I'm 26 and I know how you feel! I give up buying stuff atm I'm going to splash out when I've lost a bit. I find myself going into bonmarch eeeek but I sometimes find some lovely dresses and summertime tops x

Ahhhh vikki! It so horrible ain't it! I k ow exactly what u mean! How about a maxi dress? Hides everything!!! X

Thats what I was going to suggest... definitely a maxi dress, they look fab :)

Thanks peeps . I know its just feeling sorry for myself and i know im on ww to do something about the situation. will see if evans or new look have a maxi dress in

was going to suggest a maxi dress too , they look great :)

How tall/what size are you if you don't mind me asking? I think from what I can see of your info you're similar height to me?

In that case, get a maxi dress, I agree with everyone, but try one that has waist detailing like this:
Teal Pleat Waist Maxi Dress - Dresses from Ann Harvey

that way it's not all just hanging down from your boobs, it details them and your waist and THEN skims everything else.

This one is gorgeous too:
Inspire Floral Paisley Maxi Dress

Hi, im 5ft 8 and top half is size 20 bottowm is size big 22

i tend to wear a smart pair of black trousers when i go out and then a pretty top :)

.... i recently had my mates hen weekend and i was told all the girls were wearing dresses so i should too or a skirt .... i tried on a few dresses and skirts and non of them suited me yet (i'm the same size as you) ... also on a budget so couldn't really afford a new outfit for a night out..... so i stuck to my traditional top and trousers and i went out feeling confident and not self conscience so i enjoyed the night out, where as i know in a dress or skirt that didn't suit me and made me look awful i wouldn't have felt confident and would have been very self conscience ! .... i'd rather dress for me then copy what the others were wearing just to fit in with the group ! .... she should be glad i'm letting her put me in a bridesmaid dress for her wedding ;) .... at least its floor length so i can hide / shape / hold in lots of bits under the dress :D

Asda have LOADS of maxi dresses in at the minute if that helps!

Hey peeps thanks for all the advise and replies, i shocked myself yeasterday.
Did go to ASDA saw loads of maxi dresses and gave them ago and some other stuff too and i managed to get a cute dress this one G21 Heart Print Dress | All | ASDA direct

In a size 18!!!

It actually looks decent, the pleats at the front hide my tum and i can open an extra button for cleavage to attract eyes there instead of my belly. So i quite pleased. and very suprised as they only go up to a size 20 in G21 but it was just that bit too big in the 20.

I really like it! Would wear that myself too no bother, its so cute. Love the short sleeve on it (I hate my arms/shoulders). I want this dress now lol... no frickin Asda in ROI! :p x

That dress is adorable; I want it! I might have to venture into Asda tomorrow to try it on :D

lol, it is a cute dress :) Glad peep suggested ASDA as i wouldnt have thought to try there

Hey peeps thanks for all the advise and replies, i shocked myself yeasterday.
Did go to ASDA saw loads of maxi dresses and gave them ago and some other stuff too and i managed to get a cute dress this one G21 Heart Print Dress | All | ASDA direct

In a size 18!!!

It actually looks decent, the pleats at the front hide my tum and i can open an extra button for cleavage to attract eyes there instead of my belly. So i quite pleased. and very suprised as they only go up to a size 20 in G21 but it was just that bit too big in the 20.

Love it!! Very cute :) xx

Back