fast advice needed now, about bars

natalieann

Silver Member
hey guys just ordering my 2nd week and changing from 3 a day to 4 a day and adding up the carbs and cals im going way more over my wanted intake with the chicken and veg then i would on 4 packs, so decided to use 4 and stay more structured, but my question is, im wanting to have a shake for brekki, as im out at college all day, im wanting a bar for dinner and another bar about 4pm on the way home as im always so hungry when i leave at this time, and then a meal pack for tea, i know its said that only 1 bar a day is recommended but checking out cals and carbs, its pretty much the same as a shake or meal, so why????? and has anyone had more then1 a day and had good losses

Apparently two bars could kick you out of ketosis. If it's about convenience, how about making up an oatmeal "cookie" beforehand and have it later?

I have had 2 a day and lost but I wouldn't do it everyday. X

It's actually more about the nutritional value of the bars. I don't think they contain the same as the packs as far as nutrients are concerned.

yeah I asked ss this before and they told me the nutrients vary in the products and having 2 bars a day would effect your balance of nutrients and not get you right mix x

If you really want 2 bars then i dont see anything wrong with you doing that

you can have 3 products and a multivit tablet and they say that gives you adequate nutrition , so the second bar is just extra

I think as along as you are having a good multivitamin then you should be fine

Id recommend capsules rather than tablets if you can find them , apparently the body absorbs it more effectively

I think the problem would be if you were having 3 products and 2 of them were bars

Totally agree phoenix.

On lighterlife its no bars in the first week and one a day. I think partly so people stop snacking on chocolate things and try and become more of a fruit flavoured eater.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Also the lighterlife bars can be much higher in calories (the peanut one is 200 calories) and carbs than the other LL packs, so 2 a day could affect your weight loss (although it's ok for some people). The SnS bars however aren't that different to any other pack in terms of cals/carbs. As long as you take a multivitamin I can't see an issue.

Thats interesting because I'd love to be able to have 2 bars - one for breakfast and one after dinner. Hmm... Maybe its worth consulting The Rob?

I'm taking Vitabiotics Pregnacare - only started with it yesterday though so can't exactly recommend!

Should say I'm taking a pregnancy multivitamin to avoid having too much vitamin A - NOT because I'm pregnant! [Shudders with horror!]

Should say I'm taking a pregnancy multivitamin to avoid having too much vitamin A - NOT because I'm pregnant! [Shudders with horror!]

Hahahaha!!! Hell, I might go get myself some of them just to scare the other half! lol!

Christ, no, knowing my luck I'd end up pregnant and then it wouldnt be so amusing. :eek:

What about berocca? No vitamin A in there :) Also a yummy change from plain water if you get the effervesent ones.

Last edited:
Never tried them - I would want to check the ingredients to make sure there was nothing which would take me out of ketosis but if not then I don't see why not.

hey guys thanks, i had to order before i got replies, so i ordered 9 bars for the week, so just on the two days i am at college all day i can have two bars, then one day for rest of week

Back