Fast Food - Best choices

Baby_Cakes

Dave's little girl
My choices for the best items would be....

Subway - Veggie Delite on wheat - 202 cals
McDonalds - Grilled chicken wrap - 365 cals
Buger king - Chargrilled chicken mini burger - 214 cals, apple fries - 28 cals
Chip Shop - chicken kebab meat with salad

If you have to go to any fast food chains what would you order?

Not really a fast food chain but some of the chipshops sell bakes potatoes, so i tend to have one when im in town etc etc

Oh and the co op do a lovely mayo free bbq chicken wrap, its £2.60 has 265 calaries and is lovely

Agree with Subway, you can get a really filling lunch from there - I choose turkey or chicken and just get them to pack it full of salad.

I think Filet of Fish from McDonalds is quite a good choice too (as long as you don't have it with fries! :D)

I love pitta bread with salad, a chippy near my work sell them for 1.50, theyre really nice and filling, but i do feel daft buying salad at a chippy

Chip Shop/Kebab House - Chicken kebab, lots of salad and swerve the mayonnaise/ garlic sauce.
Indian - Chicken Tandoori or someting like a Jalfrezi (avoid the creamy curries), boiled race or Chapatis.
Chinese - struggling for healthy options but stick with the boiled race instead of fried. Probably best to avoid Dim Sum (which is a shame as I love them) and things like sweet and sour which are full of sugar.
Very rarely go to the fast food chains, but you can get a reasonably healthy sandwich from Subway if you just go with meat/chicken and salad.
If I do go to BK or somewhere like that (probably about once every two years) I would have a burger but swerve the fries/drink.

chinese is difficult, but something like stirfried squid or prawns with vegetables usually comes in a light sauce and is filling enough to eat without rice / noodles.

if you're looking for lunch out and about, most supermarkets do little packs of sushi, or failing that, 175g of ready to eat king prawns is very filling, high protein, low carb and well under 200cals. that's a LOT of prawns, btw.

i avoid subway altogether. that spongey bread they use doesn't do it for me, and all those carbs would see me wanting a snack an hour or two later.

If I fail through a moment of weakness and decide to get fast food, I tend to go to my local Greggs and get a chicken and mango bloomer.

On the rare occasion I falter further and decide to order a Chinese, I always order something silly like some boiled rice to go with a black bean sauce someone else is having. That way I annoy myself for ordering and waiting half an hour for something as silly as plain boiled rice and don't do it again :p

Back