• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I started my mission to lose 40 lbs. in January 2017, joined SW and continued my 4 weekly gym sessions only to find I would lose a pound here or there. To give my diet a kick-start, I cut out dairy which helped a lot with the bloaty feeling, must have an intolerance, who knew? By July, I have only lost 8 pounds...I am not an overeater, not a chocolate lover, not a wino and I have a hard workout 4 times a week... Anyway, a work colleague said she reignited her metabolism on the FMD (fast metabolism diet), so I thought I would give it a try. At the start of week 2, 10 pounds gone and I have not been starving. There is a lot of prep, but nothing too challenging.

I gave up: all dairy, sugar and caffeine, so week 1 was rough, I won't lie. By day 7, I felt pretty good and at the start of Week 2, well, I feel great - very energetic and I sleep like a log.

Is anyone doing this diet? There is no UK support, so it would be nice to meet a few people here to share tips and recipes.
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hey beady,

I've not heard of this diet before, it does sound really interesting. One of the things I heard is your muscle likes to hold on to the water when working out. I seemed to have a slow down in loss when I started the gym, dont know if its that or what.

My original diet was calorie in/out and worked my way down to 1200 a day, but then stopped losing so this diet might be something to consider for the future as people say I've ruined my metabolism by dieting for the last few months.

I share your pain with the caffeine and sugar withdrawal. It's mad how bad it can be! I'm nearly 100% water only. I have the odd black coffee to kill time while out and about. It is great when you have things and can just taste all the sugar, I noticed this with strawberrys and a cream egg that i had at Easter haha. Same with caffine too, i get cafine jitters when drinking at statbucks.

I hope some people come out the woodwork for you, if not we all share a common goal :)