FAST METABOLISM DIETER

beadybliss

Hello!

I started my mission to lose 40 lbs. in January 2017, joined SW and continued my 4 weekly gym sessions only to find I would lose a pound here or there. To give my diet a kick-start, I cut out dairy which helped a lot with the bloaty feeling, must have an intolerance, who knew? By July, I have only lost 8 pounds...I am not an overeater, not a chocolate lover, not a wino and I have a hard workout 4 times a week... Anyway, a work colleague said she reignited her metabolism on the FMD (fast metabolism diet), so I thought I would give it a try. At the start of week 2, 10 pounds gone and I have not been starving. There is a lot of prep, but nothing too challenging.

I gave up: all dairy, sugar and caffeine, so week 1 was rough, I won't lie. By day 7, I felt pretty good and at the start of Week 2, well, I feel great - very energetic and I sleep like a log.

Is anyone doing this diet? There is no UK support, so it would be nice to meet a few people here to share tips and recipes.

Hey beady,

I've not heard of this diet before, it does sound really interesting. One of the things I heard is your muscle likes to hold on to the water when working out. I seemed to have a slow down in loss when I started the gym, dont know if its that or what.

My original diet was calorie in/out and worked my way down to 1200 a day, but then stopped losing so this diet might be something to consider for the future as people say I've ruined my metabolism by dieting for the last few months.

I share your pain with the caffeine and sugar withdrawal. It's mad how bad it can be! I'm nearly 100% water only. I have the odd black coffee to kill time while out and about. It is great when you have things and can just taste all the sugar, I noticed this with strawberrys and a cream egg that i had at Easter haha. Same with caffine too, i get cafine jitters when drinking at statbucks.

I hope some people come out the woodwork for you, if not we all share a common goal :)

Back