Fast weight loss?

Capri_Gal

Hi all. I started food optimising on Monday after a 6 month break and 1st regain! My local class is tomorrow and I will be rejoining - I still have the latest books and wanted to start the plan ASAP!

I weighed myself on my home scales on Monday morning and they read 12.12. I always weighed myself on them after my official weigh in and they always read exactly the same as group scales (except they don't go into half pounds). I have been having a peak every morning and today they read 12.6!

I know that we should only weigh once a week but I'm shocked! I've never seen weight loss this rapid and I have always weighed myself every morning while on plan. I'm happy that the plan is working but I have to admit that I'm also a bit worried - is this right?!!

Hiya! I started SW last Monday and have weighed myself everyday since! I know I shouldn't but j just can't help myself. So far I have lost 12lbs in 11 days and 9 3/4 inches from various parts of my body. I know weight loss is going to slow down but these first few weeks have been the push I've needed to carry on! The first few weeks are always the greatest weight loss because your body is getting used to the new diet. Don't be worried, it's great! X

Sneaky peeks are pretty meaningless to be honest just due to natural fluctuations in body weight. You could weigh in tomorrow and be up 4lb I'm afraid but fingers crossed thats not the case come weigh in day. That's why SW only recommend weighing once a week at most :)

i sometimes give myself a mid week weigh in and its never the same as the slimming world scales. i went on my scales last monday - my weigh in is on a tuesday and i had put on 5lb- went on tuesday and i had lost 1.5.
so dont get your hopes entirley up incase your own scales are wrong - on the other hand after weigh in go on your own scales and if they arent right then take a mental note and you will get a rough idea of how out they are :)

I still weigh myself everyday. It's a habit now. I wish I hadn't started doing that really as it is pointless and means nothing because they never match to the scales in group but it's just something I have to do. :rolleyes:

My home scales said 12.7 this morning and at group I was 12.6 1/2! I'm really pleased! I won't have such a big first week loss at group as I actually started the plan on Monday and the initial weight has gone, but still a really positive start!!

Ive not lost anything over the last 7 months of following the EE plan, i dont know how people get big weight losses, its a total mystery to me!!

Have you not spoken to your consultant? 7 months is a long time not to lose anything...

Back