Fasting & SW!

I have been fasting for health reasons and drinking veg juices then eating SW evenings. I feel so good.

Re: Fasting & SW!

Just wanted to say hiya. This is a very interesting post. I have been snopping it lots. Decided it was time to say hi. For all of those fasting well done, x

I have been fasting for health reasons and drinking veg juices then eating SW evenings. I feel so good.

If you don't mind me saying, you're not Muslim? Wow- I didn't realise people fasted for health reasons! It does have amazing effects on health tho. It enables your body to repair and do its job. Have you found it's helped your health.

How long are you fasting for?

Just wanted to say hiya. This is a very interesting post. I have been snopping it lots. Decided it was time to say hi. For all of those fasting well done, x

Hi deb :)

Snoop all you want and ask any questions you may have :)

And thank you xxxz

Re: Fasting & SW!

What is the reason for muslims fasting? Is it foe the benefits to health? Xx

It's a commandment of Allah (the Arabic work for God) first and foremost :)

Then it's to understand and appreciate what we have- the ability to eat when and whatever we want, have access to water, replenish our bodies with anything it needs.. Whereas there are so many people in the world without that. You feel hunger, thirst, weakness.. All the things that those without food feel.. So you appreciate all that Allah has given you.

It's also to help you discipline yourself- during the fasting month especially you're taught to be extra good, to keep all of your bad habits at bay, to give more in charity, to quit smoking, to detox basically :)

But it's not just about food and water. It's about mental discipline too- learning and teaching yourself to be happy, to keep yourself in good company, to not bi*ch or moan or complain like we normally do..

It is an amazing month. Everyone in the community gets together, it's wonderful.

Yes you feel hunger and thirst and weakness- but we are able to fill our bodies at the end of the day.. Whereas a lot of people cannot :(

Well done nadia!!!!

May I ask- once Ramadan is over.. Did you find that you had a gain (not necessarily from eating a lot on eid) but from the fasting itself?

What's for Iftar today ladies? And what time you break fast? Here in Lancashire uk we break fast at 9.23pm and having kofta, with salad and wholemeal pitta and fruit :)

No I didn't last year even with the synful stuff I ate :)

That is so reassuring. I really hope I am the same after Ramadhaan.

What's for Iftar today ladies? And what time you break fast? Here in Lancashire uk we break fast at 9.23pm and having kofta, with salad and wholemeal pitta and fruit :)

Just watermelon for me. I had watermelon and a kebab yday and the kebab didn't agree with me. So just fruit for iftaar so I can have a nice big suhoor!

It's a commandment of Allah (the Arabic work for God) first and foremost :)

Then it's to understand and appreciate what we have- the ability to eat when and whatever we want, have access to water, replenish our bodies with anything it needs.. Whereas there are so many people in the world without that. You feel hunger, thirst, weakness.. All the things that those without food feel.. So you appreciate all that Allah has given you.

It's also to help you discipline yourself- during the fasting month especially you're taught to be extra good, to keep all of your bad habits at bay, to give more in charity, to quit smoking, to detox basically :)

But it's not just about food and water. It's about mental discipline too- learning and teaching yourself to be happy, to keep yourself in good company, to not bi*ch or moan or complain like we normally do..

It is an amazing month. Everyone in the community gets together, it's wonderful.

Yes you feel hunger and thirst and weakness- but we are able to fill our bodies at the end of the day.. Whereas a lot of people cannot :(

Beautifully put :)

Wow, keep us updated and take care of yourself, fasting is ok for most people, but not all, that's why some people are exempt from it i.e. people who are unwell, pregnant etc. :)

Hey thank you :) how's it going?

What's for Iftar today ladies? And what time you break fast? Here in Lancashire uk we break fast at 9.23pm and having kofta, with salad and wholemeal pitta and fruit
smile.gif

We broke our fast yesterday at 9:04pm, didn't realise northeners break it later! Can you use the wholemeal pitta as HEXB? :)

Btw, I didn't really have a good week but I had a 0.5 lbs loss alhamdulillah. Now I am the weight I was before my Early Summer Exams gain!

Beautifully put :)
Thank you x

Hey thank you :) how's it going?

We broke our fast yesterday at 9:04pm, didn't realise northeners break it later! Can you use the wholemeal pitta as HEXB? :)

Yeah the northerners have longer fasts!

Btw, I didn't really have a good week but I had a 0.5 lbs loss alhamdulillah. Now I am the weight I was before my Early Summer Exams gain!

Well done that's fab!!!! A loss is a loss!!! So well done Hun. Brilliant result! X

I bought some Dumbbells from Argos (the Davina ones that are on sale) today, going to try and do some short work out routine (maybe 30 day shred) every day for the rest of Ramadan.

I was told something a few weeks ago that really inspired me and definitely applies to SW, applies to everything we do.

Whatever you do in life, you should do it for the sake of Allah swt first of all, and whatever we do for Allah swt, we do it to our best.

So try your utmost best with your weightloss. This helped me with my Uni studies, sometimes motivation is where I lack.

So if I renew my intentions, we of course have other reasons, albeit marriage, children or just for ourselves. Our main reason, is that's a form of ibadah.

My scales are telling me ill have put on this week- absolutely gutted. I've been at mums but haven't been eating that badly to put on 4 lbs. offficial WI is on Tuesday so lets see what happens. I haven't drunk a lot of water so goodness knows whether its just that.

Allah knows best... :(

Back