Fat and Forty? I don't think so!

Digi

Hi All

So, I thought I would jump straight in and start a diary to help me along on the journey. I started on Tuesday weighing a whopping (for me) 13st 9lbs - pretty appalling considering I was just over 8 stone when I got married nearly 5 years ago. I have struggled with my weight pretty much my whole adult life and the older I get, the harder it becomes to lose. I have arthritis pretty much everywhere, and carrying around 4 stone more than I need to really isn't helping so enough is enough. My Auntie has just had fabulous results with a VLCD and I want results quickly so here I am

I'm 39 *gulp* and the big 4-0 is looming in August and I would quite like to look fantastic (shallow? moi? Only a lot!!). I am also a bit of a Glastonbury fanatic which is in June so a decent amount of weight off before than would be fantastic - it is hard enough traipsing around the huge site at the best of times without being constantly shattered. Add in a holiday in July and the challenge is set!

I chose the whole VLCD thing as I just need to feel like the whole 'food' choice has been taken out of my hands. I don't have a particularly healthy relationship with food - if I have 'dieted' in the past then I have restricted my calories to silly levels, only to end up putting back on every ounce of weight I had lost - the biggest challenge for me right now is giving up complete control because in effect, someone else has dictated how much of what I should eat - I think that is what I need right now.

I started on Tuesday and so far, so good! I am in ketosis already according to my wee when I've dipped it, and I don't feel at all hungry. Apart from a bit of a headache yesterday, this has actually been pretty painless. Considering I don't particularly like milkshake I am extremely impressed that the shakes taste as nice as they do. I am also liking the spicy spagetti and the chilli. I ordered the 7 day trial pack and am just about to place another order as I am certain this is something I am going to be able to stick to 100%

So - wish me luck along the way! I WILL be fit and forty!

Good luck, I would like to be slim for my 40th birthday. Got a yr but I am rubbish at starting and then giving up.

Thanks for replying! :)

I would win Olympic gold for starting and then giving up! I have pretty much spent the vast majority of my adult life, or at least certainly since my son was born when I was 21 on some sort of diet or other or 'about to start some sort of diet or other...'. I have come to the conclusion that I am a bit rubbish at it. Hence why I decided to start this instead - I don't want the extra pressure of having to decide what I put in my mouth. It doesn't get much more simple than 4 packs a day and a bit of veg and, at this point in my life, that suits me just fine.

I also (very shallowly) want to be the 'Yummy Mummy' at my son's 18th birthday party! :D

I have just finished a run of 9 nights (I'm a Nurse), and am sitting here drinking the cafe latte shake made hot with a couple of spoons of coffee. It is really quite lush! In fact, I have pretty much enjoyed everything I have tried so far with exception to the hazelnut shake which I made hot with coffee but which was way too sweet for me

Bedtime shortly, and then Day 4 starts for me at teatime?!? I started on Tuesday teatime once I had got up from my sleep during the day, so my body clock is all a bit out of sorts! I'm off for 10 days now (bliss!) so it should sort itself out over the next day or two

Happy Friday!

Back