Fat Dad to Fit Dad?

Hi guys, I'm just starting to make some big changes. 4 months ago I became a dad for the first time. Greatest day of my life btw!! But in the last 4 months I've gone from being a bit heavy to the heaviest I've ever been. So I'm determined to lose the weight for good before my wee boy is old enough to realise his dad is a big fatty.

Trying to hit the gym for an hour in the morning before work most days and cutting down on booze and biscuits.

The mrs is involved too so there shouldnt be any temptation in the house.

Fingers crossed :)

Hope you don't mind me following you, it's refreshing to see a man on here, good luck with your journey. Do you know how much you want to lose? Are you following a specific plan?
I love this forum it's so supportive.

Of course not. Good to know I'm not the only bloke on here! Great forum by the look of it. Support is always welcome no matter who it is from. Starting weight is 245lbs and I reckon the target is 210 but will know myself when I get to a weight I'm happy with.

So I'm determined to lose the weight for good before my wee boy is old enough to realise his dad is a big fatty.
And what better motivation than doing it for your kids. Good on you fella and good luck.

Thanks guys. thanks for the tip about oats. I love a bit of porridge so just need to make it more regular.
First weigh in today as soon as Mrs F gets up!

Weighed in today. Lost 5.5lbs do very happy with that start. I know you normally get a big loss first week but it's certainly nice to see and will help spur me on. Heading for a run OUTSIDE tomorrow I think as I'm nowhere near a gym.

Back