Fat, depressed and KEEN!

This forum is great in that we are all in the same boat. And an update......Mrs PJ may have shown up last week. It was a wow moment and we have seen each other every day since Saturday. She has all teeth and hair and is lovely!

Elementhia,
Reading your first post, I saw so much of myself in it! I am a final year student midwife and have managed to lose and gain so much weight in the last 3 years. At my lowest I was 11.5st and at my heaviest 18+ st. I have had all the feelings of digust, guilt, shame and I too have decided to SORT IT OUUUUT! So just wanted to cyber wave and say hi to you and all the other lovely people in the thread. I actually officially start next week and I am nervous but ho hum...nothing in life is easy! Hope to join in the support and Good luck xxx

Yaaay! Congrats you are doing so well with the big losses :) super jealous

Hey there Elementhia,
I can share and understand your feelings. I have felt the same recently. I am married (7 years now) to a lovely bloke 11 years younger than me (I'm 38) and every day I see myself I don't understand why he married me in the first place and why he's still even here. But every day he tells me he loves me and so I have decided that the time has come to lose the weight and then I will feel confident and sexy for my gorgeous husband. Keep up the good work Honey!
Emms x

1/2 a pound only this week :( but hey this time last month I sts and lost about 15lb since so its all good :)

Half a pound is still cool....it's still a loss.

Well done! :D

Any loss is a step in the right direction :D good job

Hello there, :)

Elementhia, I can well and truly understand where you are coming from. Now at my heaviest, (13.6) from my lightest (8.9) and 5'6" I too have joined SW AGAIN. I feel like half my life has been divided between red and green days, now I have gone for the Extra Easy option. Shear laziness I'm sure.

All spurred on by a weekend in Madrid where the person I went with looked at me and went 'what happened to your gut....' Looking downing thinking I might be re enacting the scene from Aliens, I was almost relieved to be greated by my wholesome wobbly jiggly gut. That resembles something like an unleased blob of uncooked dough. 'What do you mean?'
'It's got enormous....' Was the honest reply.

And it's true. It has. And sometimes it takes an honest comment to make you sit back and take stock. That a bit of eyeliner of a slightly deeper V neck to expose my boobs, does not really detract the attention from my gut, the cellulite on the backs of my legs of the stretch marks that decorate my body the like cracks of a cooked gingerbread lady :p

Well, I've rambled on enough, I hope I can join you all in your weight loss and weigh ins.... I'm not going to class, I just can't justify the money. Instead, I have invested it in a gym membership!

I hope you lots of loses people...

Syn happy! xx

Well done, Elementhia!
Puddingbowl - at least I'm not alone in the baring of the boobs to distract attention from elsewhere! The wife of one of my friends does that - she says everyone can tell when she's having a bad hair day, the cleavage comes out!

Elementhia - wow!! Congratulations girl!! It looks like we are both getting there! I've now lost 3 stone 6 pounds in 8 weeks with 9th weigh in tonight. Wanted to hit 3 stone for Xmas and now revised to 4. My wardrobe has expanded beyond belief - taken out all of my old clothes and found over 30 different shirts, 20 pairs trousers/jeans and a couple of new suits I can get into. As to love life, I'm confused.com - met a lovely girl and started really intensively but now she wants to slow things down. I understand but at the same time think wtf??. We are still seeing each other but I'm not 100% now. Anyway, big news is that 2 weeks ago I was made redundant after 9 years with the company. Walked away with a package which buys me time, but need to get a job. My old me would have grabbed for the comfort food but no
Longer!! What a change in mindset?. So onwards and upwards - we are both doing so well and congratulations to you elementhia. Let you know weigh in progress tonight xxx

Oh oh !! It finally happened! My consultant told me to slow down weight loss so I took my foot off the gas this week. Not really stuck to plan by eating a bit more bread etc. but last night (and I don't know why?) I just ate 4 x 2 finger kit kats one after the other!!! Very concerned as to why I did it but determined not to have negative thoughts And give up. Still have alot to
Lose and need to stay focused ?

Slimming world motto - have a slip up meh its fine just pick up where you left off and get back on track. In the grand scheme of things 2 kit kats isnt a disaster. Id be worried about 2 boosts :p

I had one night where i got a bit drunk (vodka only) this week with mates and one hungover lasane the next day but otherwise been really good. 1/2 lb last week 4.5 lb this week and 2 1/2 stone award!

Glad to hear you're listening to advice i thought i was losing fast but i was scared youd fade away completely! Youve done so well what an achievement dont beat yourself up! I know people that treat themselves to greasy fish and chips once a week and still have a steady weight loss. Dont let it ruin your christmas - you've cracked it now and know how easy it is!
X

Back