FAT FAST

madeinengland

in the atkins book there's a section called fat fast.it's also called the kekwick diet.it's used to get into ketosis quicker or for if you're stalling but it's dangerous for anyone who is metabolically resistent.

the fat fast is a low carb plan where you need to count calories.you eat 1000 calories a day with 75-90% fat.you eat 5 times a day roughly every four hours of about 200 calories a time.because of the high fat and frequent feedings very few people experience hunger.an example of 200 calorie "meals" are as follows

-30g macedamia nuts
-60g of cream cheese or brie
-30g of tuna or chicken mayonaise served in a quarter of avacado
-two deiled eggs made with 2 teaspoons of mayo
-60ml of sour cream and 2 tablespoons of black or red caviar(?)
-80ml whipped cream topped with sucralose 0 calorie syrup
-60g of pate (check fat content)
-2 egg yolks with a tablespoon of mayo.

when you've done this for 5 days you can up he fat to carb ratio.now you can have 4 "meals" a day of 300 calories each making 1200 calories a day.

-60g beef chunk steaks cooked in olive oil
-2 scrambled eggs with 2 rashers of nitrate free bacon
-2 tanlespoons of full fat sour cream with a table poon of sugar free syrup
-60g of chicken or tuna mayo
-90g of pate (check fat content)
-40g macadamia nuts.

has anyone tried it?

in the atkins book there's a section called fat fast.it's also called the kekwick diet.it's used to get into ketosis quicker or for if you're stalling but it's dangerous for anyone who is metabolically resistent.

the fat fast is a low carb plan where you need to count calories.you eat 1000 calories a day with 75-90% fat.you eat 5 times a day roughly every four hours of about 200 calories a time.because of the high fat and frequent feedings very few people experience hunger.an example of 200 calorie "meals" are as follows

-30g macedamia nuts
-60g of cream cheese or brie
-30g of tuna or chicken mayonaise served in a quarter of avacado
-two deiled eggs made with 2 teaspoons of mayo
-60ml of sour cream and 2 tablespoons of black or red caviar(?)
-80ml whipped cream topped with sucralose 0 calorie syrup
-60g of pate (check fat content)
-2 egg yolks with a tablespoon of mayo.

when you've done this for 5 days you can up he fat to carb ratio.now you can have 4 "meals" a day of 300 calories each making 1200 calories a day.

-60g beef chunk steaks cooked in olive oil
-2 scrambled eggs with 2 rashers of nitrate free bacon
-2 tanlespoons of full fat sour cream with a table poon of sugar free syrup
-60g of chicken or tuna mayo
-90g of pate (check fat content)
-40g macadamia nuts.

has anyone tried it?

Made, Shouldn't that be it is dangerous for those who are not metabolically resistant, as the fat fast is designed for people who struggle to get into ketosis and are therefore metabolically resistant.

Sorry if I came across as pedantic, I just dont folk trying it if they have had a 1 or 2 week stall, when all that is required is a bit of tweaking of their current diet.

Be aware, especially those who are new to Atkins (or even those returning) that it will take a few weeks to work out what does and doesn't cause stalls, so dont automatically think that just because you haven't lost for a couple of weeks that you are resistant.

Some can chow down on cheese with no effect others cant. Same with diet pop (aspartame or citric acid can cause stalls)

The fat fast is extreme and as Made mentioned it can be dangerous if you are not necessarily metabilically resistant.

It all sounds a bit fussy to me!

No veg at all?! That's just asking for trouble.

It also just wouldn't fit in to most people's lives, you'd have to be unemployed and yet somehow have loads of money to spend on pricey foods...

Saying that Lady M, I don't eat any veggies at all, perhaps a lettuce leaf every now and again, I take vitamins though, and am disgustingly healthy!

Oh I'd lose STONES, mostly coz my head would be in the toilet!!! What a disgusting & repetitive foods list!!!! Ok I love cheese (in almost ANY form) but NO veg? In the short term it might be ok, even the later stages seem to be VERY limited in choices. I think I'll stay with Atkins! lol
xxxxxsharon

I did one day (yesterday) and think I will continue today, i have developed PCOS and tried strict induction for 2 and a half weeks with no results whatsoever (by measuring tape and scale) it's not a lot of food...and I'm working from home for a month so it's perfect timing really.
I had some lovely egg yolks scrambled in coconut oil with a bit of mayonnaise it was gorgeous, the rest of the meals were a bore for me, i didn't want to waste money so instead ended up having clotted cream/ double cream with stevia, and some cheddar cheese with cracked black pepper... but it was tasty and i had lots of energy even managed a 40 minute bicyle ride. kept it at 1,200 instead of 1000, and i am 5 lbs down today.

Back