Fat Free Natural Yogurt question

maketak

Hi,
I don't live in the UK, so many of the "free food" supermarket product list is not suitable for me.
However, I wonder if I buy some Fat Free Natural yogurt (not sweetened). Is that equivalent to Mullerlite?

I'm not sure it will be equivalent to mullerlight but if it has no added sugar then it will most likely be a free food.

Some of the fat free yogs here have sugar added so are not free, but if the natural one is unsweetened then it should be just fine!

I guess it's a yes and no answer. Ff natural yog is 0 syns so in that sense yes its the same as mullerlights BUT natural yog can be used as both sweet and savoury where as mullerlights are usually fruit flavoured.

Hope it helps

xxx

Not strictly true hun - the Yeo Valley organic vanilla fat free yoghurt has no fat, yet has syns due to the added sugar. Caught me out before!!

Quite correct but it's worth knowing that not all fat free yoghurts are a free food. It's caught a few of us out before. :)

In the UK, the term "low fat" can only be used when the food item contains 30% less fat that the 'standard' equivalent of that item. It's not always that big a reduction, so lots of low fat item still have loads of syns!

Back