Fat Free Sponge Cake

Hi guys yumyum just made for class tonight really nice however I have mixed options serving in quark for filling on top nuttella spread 2tbsp over top I know 9 sins normally bt how much will cake be now cheers xx

Here you go:

6 eggs
2 ounces self raising flour or cocoa powder if you want chocolate cake
9 tablespoons granulated sweetener
2 teaspoons orange or vanilla essence (up to you)

To decorate:
1 tub quark
Strawberries (as many or as few as you want)
2 teaspoons of vanilla or orange essence
6 Tablespoons Granulated sweetener

Whick up egg whites until stiff

In a separtae bowl whisk egg yolks with either the orange or vanilla essence & sweetener, add a 1/4 of the egg white & beat until pale yellow.

Add the flour gradually & fold into the mix carefully, when done add the rest of the egg whites & fold in.

Pour onto a swiss roll tin & bake in the over on 180 for about 10 to 12 mins, until golden & firm to the touch.

Take out of the oven, leave to cool, when cool cut in half.

Filling & topping:
Beat the quark with the orange or vanilla essence & sweetener, spread 3/4 on the bottom layer of the cake, slice the strawberries & put them on top of that, put the top of the cake on & use the rest of the filling to top with the rest of the strawberries.

Hope you like it!
Julie

How many servings does this make??

Thanks looks awesome!!

Omg this cake is lovely ok I added 2tbsp of nuttela and 16g of options this would add the syns value to 20 however 10 syns for half or 5syns a quarter of cake is not bad at all

Attachments

• image-285426395.jpg
    image-285426395.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 220
I am loving this I made tonight and for filling and on top It was quark fat free Greek yoghurt and options no baking powder so 14 syns total for half was 7 synd and delish

Attachments

• image-1816966850.jpg
    image-1816966850.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 271
  • image-1382747974.jpg
    image-1382747974.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 267
Really miss cake! I'm def gonna try this one sounds delicious!

I love this recipe, its been a life saver :p ....i make it a few times week lol

Going to have some now with lemon mousse in the middle and light spray cream

Just made a lemon one, waiting for it to cool, smells amazing!! I didn't line the tins (duh) so it stuck a bit, had to dig it out, so I ate some of the bits left in the tray and it's nice, not very lemony though so might put some zest in next time too. I'm going to use philidelphia light now that it's a hxa with sweetener and lemon for the middle so hopefully it will be lovely! Thanks for the recipe and all the ideas guys!

Well I made this with huge hopes but sadly not for me. All I could taste was the egg. Think I'll stick to saving my syns and have something proper :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can someone please tell me if they know the Calories for this recipe?

6 eggs
2 ounces self raising flour
2 teaspoons orange or vanilla essence

Can someone please tell me if they know the Calories for this recipe?

6 eggs
2 ounces self raising flour
2 teaspoons orange or vanilla essence

Should be just 8 syns for the flour, provided the vanilla essence doesn't have any sugar or anything added.

Really miss baking as it was my passion. Unfortunately my hips told the sad story of too many slices of cake. So nice to find this recipe. Mixing bowl here I come. Will let you know how I get on.

Back