Fat Free Sponge Cake

My husband and I joined slimming world 7 weeks ago after not having much success with some other diet group. I have lost 16.5 pounds and hubby has lost 17 pounds.

have a taster on Monday so I am going to make this & take it with me, I might have a go at the chocolate one & see how it turns out

I am just about to attempt to make a sponge cake, one vanilla and one chocolate orange. I am having a buffet tomorrow and trying to make all food less than 2 syns per serving!

I am going to make this very soon will check to see if I have all ingredients back on sw today and need some cake ideas as thats been my downfall while pregnant thank you

I'm going to try the chocolate one and for the filling I will do a tub quark, half a vanilla muller, sweetener and 11g or 1 sachet cadbury highlights (adds 2 syns). Going for a creamy choc theme. Will let you know how it goes.

Right I have just cooked the cake and done it in two circular tins. Waiting for it to cool before I cream it. I have made a nice cream with tub quark, sachet of white choc options, splenda, vanilla essence and 1/2 vanilla muller with choc bits. It tastes pretty good. I will post a pic and let you know the outcome. Oh and I did 1/2 self r flour and 1/2 cocoa powder and vanilla flavour for the cake.

oohhh your cake looks lovely & the filling sounds divine - I am goign to try it this way - can I ask though - how much splenda did you put in the filling? Whenever I do the quark thing it still always tastes a little bitter

Hi Julie. Errrr.... lol I just tipped the box in tillI thought it was enough!!! Probably about 2-3 tblspoons but just taste and see. If you want it sweeter just add more but the options makes it incredibly creamy and sweet as well as the vanilla essence.

I have just taken the other half of the cake into class and they loved it! Winner. x

can someone make me one, my cooking skills are at beginnner....

does anyone know a mixer that creams up skimmed milk, im not over fond of the quark cream.

I think I saw something like this on the lakeland limited website a while back. It might be worth checking it out? :)

I have a bamix blender which can whisk skimmed milk into the consistency of whipped cream, it's great I use it all the time. If you add a bit of sweetener it goes even thicker and tastes a bit like dream topping. Banix blenders are expensive though - around £100

This cake sounds lovely will definately try the chocolate one

It sounds nice but I also have a problem with the sourness coming through of the quark/yoghurt/from frais! Does anyone know if it is possible to get to a point with it whereby if you put enough sweetener in the sourness disappears. I have also tried adding choc options but can still taste the sourness. Thanks everyone

Back