fat?

nessx

i have just started taking the tablets and i have been told by alli website to eat 1600 cals and max 15g of fat per meal, does that sound aboout right?
if i eat meals with a low fat content will the tablets still work?
any tips and help would be great x

Have you been prescribed full strength Xenical/Orlistat, or Alli? The only reason I ask is because I think you can eat slightly more fat on Alli without getting the side-effects.

Xenical works by emiminating a third of fat in each meal you eat, no matter whether it's a high fat or a low fat meal, so yes, Xenical does work with a low fat diet.
In fact, Xenical is designed to both eliminate some of that fat, but also to train us into eating a low fat diet, because if you do stray too far outside the guidelines, you're more likely to get side-effects.

When you're taking Xenical, you must eat no more than 15g of fat in each meal, and the food you eat should contain no more than 5g of fat per 100g...you'll need to follow both those rules to make sure that you're not going to get side-effects.

As far as calories are concerned - each person is different. It depends on your height, age, activity level and how much you want to lose. Have a look at MyFitnessPal.com - there's a good tool on there that will help you calculate how many calories you need daily.

If you need more tips on the kinds of food to eat, have a look around the diaries section on here. A lot of people post their daily food diaries (I haven't done so for a while, but if you scroll back a few pages, you'll see the kind of stuff I eat) and you're bound to get some inspiration from the other members here.

Last of all - keep posting, and if you've got any more questions then ask away. There's usually someone here who can answer any questions you might have.

Good luck with your goals!
xx

very well put there alex, no more really to put there at all!

Back