fat!!

Emmamc1

Hi everyone, its 40 grams of fat per day too much, I've tried upping my fat because I wasn't having enough, can anyone tell me how much fat in grams I'm allowed per day, its the only way I understand ha, thankyou x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hi 40g of fat is not enough. Correct % are 65 fat/ 30 protein/ 5 carbs. Assuming you are eating a minimum of 1500 calories, which you should be: fat should be approx 110gr, protein 100 gr and carbs 20 gr. If you use mfp in the 'daily summary' section you will see a circle, if you click on that it will give you % for the day. The reason the grams of fat and protein are close is because fat has 9calories per gr, and protein has 4calories per gr. Hope I haven't confused you further.......good luck

That's brill thanks, I understand now, it does seem like a lot of fat though, x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Remember it is fat content from all sorts of things - meat, eggs, sausage, mayo, avocado, olives, cream, cheese, as well as olive oil and butter. Not to mention pork scratchings.... :rolleyes:

In MFP when you adjust your goals to the percentages above, then you can see how you are doing during the day as you put the meals in.

Back