Fatfighter is now a very proud mummy

fatfighter

wannabe yummy mummy
I thought I would start a diary here as i'm just about halfway through my pregnancy now :eek:
We got a BFP on October 1st after trying for 20 months, I lost 5.5stones doing Cambridge and now firmly believe chocolate tetra's also contain baby dust :vibes: lol.
Due date is 12th June which seems ages away but will probably be here before I know it!
We have our anomaly scan on Tuesday and although i'm looking forward to it I'm also really nervous. We're hoping to find out the sex, I am absolutely certain it's a boy and refer to him as he all the time. It's gonna be a huge shock for me if it's a girl like OH believes ;)
I've been suffering badly with SPD which means I'm knackered from not sleeping and bored from hardly moving so for more reasons than 1 I'll be glad when wimble is here! :rolleyes:
One thing that's keeping me busy whilst I'm resting is wedding planning, we get married :love047:next Saturday in the lake district, I am soooo nervous and excited.
I never thought we'd do it when I was pregnant, the wedding was originally booked for December this year but OH wanted to do it "properly" before the baby arrives :eek: I never got the dress of my dreams but the one I'm wearing is flattering to my belly ;)
I'm currently on antibiotics for a urine infection so just hope I'm feeling better by next weekend :cross:

Last edited:
Hi babe

try not to be too disheartened with not going out etc, it's bloody freezing ur not missing anything!! Ul be able to sit in ur garden soon as spring gets here so keep ur chin up!!

12th June will fly here I gurantee!! Ul soon b like me trying to add weeks on because it seems too soon lol

massive congratulations on your huge weight loss!! And even more so on your little baba!!

Hope your scan is wonderful! Can't wait to hear what the baby is!!

I too arranged a weddin pregnant... I got married on the 21st November at 7 monts pregnant it was the most wonderful day and although I wasn't. Size 10 to have our precious baby there on the day made it second to none!!

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your wedding hope the day is A wonderful sucess!! Can't wait to see puccie of your special day

xxxx

Thanks Lauren, your baby will be here in days rather than months now, how amazing is that?!?
You look stunning in your av pic, only hope I look as radiant next week! You're so right about having baby being better than being slim, I haven't got my dream dress but I know on the day none of that will matter!

congratulations on all counts babes :D fab news on the weight loss, the baby and the wedding :D

good luck with the scan and enjoy your wedding day :D

abz xx

Aww thanks Abz :)
It's my 20 week scan tomorrow, sooooo nervous and excited!

ooh, it's so exciting. although i was really jealous of my OH as he got to watch the entire thing while i only got to see glimpses every now and again. are you going to find out the sex?

How inconsiderate! lol.
We're hoping to but as long as it's OK I don't mind if they can't tell us.

Oooh exciting, 20 week scan. Can't wait for mine, I'm still waiting on my appointment.

Don't forget to let us know how it went.

Everything looks good, baba was not co-operative so we were sent off to have a drink and some chocolate which seemed to do the trick as they got all the measurements they needed when we went back :)
I was absolutely positive it was a little boy but HER daddy was right, we're having a little princess :princess: I'm really shocked but absolutely over the moon! :D
I have a GP's appointment this afternoon about my SPD then after that we're going shopping for girly bits and pieces:character00100:

CONGRATULATIONS :D :D

so happy you got to find out the sex. my wee girl wasn't very cooperative either and the sonographer said she was 80% sure it was a girl. well i was lying there thinking 'that's a one in five chance you are wrong'. ha. so i'm not buying anything pink just yet :D

enjoy the girly shopping :D

abz xx

Abz that's kinda what I'm thinking too but OH is so excited I don't want to kill his buzz lol. We'll know for sure at the 4D scan in weeks! ;)
We're calling her Evelyn (Evie) Grace :)

lovely name :D our front runner is isobel. OH is really keen on it, so am i, but usually i go off them after a few weeks and i haven't yet. so that's a good sign. still. i think i want to meet her first :) it took me a fortnight to name my cats :D

when is your 4d scan?

LMAO at you deciding what to name the cats! I like Isobel too, so much so we called our dog Izzy and used the name up :( I loved the name Ellie but after Saturday my surname will be Elliott so don't think it would work too well lol.
Went to the GP about my SPD today, she was livid the midwife still hadn't referred me to the obstetric physio so faxed the referral there and then and gave me a script for codeine. I'm reluctant to take it and will only take it when really necessary though.
I'll have to take some tonight as I've done too much today. We've been to the Metro Centre to shop for last minute bits for the wedding and came back with £80 worth of pink, frilly baby bits :D

Sorry your sore hun, but take the codeine if you need it. I took your advice and have made a docs appointment for Monday. Was in agony last night and only thing I had really done was hang up a washing on the clothes horse, take kids to dentist.

I have 2 types of support belt and find them helpful when I'm walking, but I also think you can do too much while wearing them, and don't really realise it till you take it off.

LOL at the frilly pink stuff, I so can't wait to find out what I'm having.

Are you off on honeymoon after the wedding. Hope your gonna post some piccies of your special day.

ha. glad you managed to stock up on the frilly pink stuff :D

i need to mention my hips to my midwife. last time she said it was just hormones. but they are so much worse. standing up, sitting down and stairs are really becoming a problem...

Abz

Thats not sounding like its just hormonal. Standing up, stairs and walking are all affected with SPD so make sure you do mention it. If it gets worse, you can ask to get referred to ante natal physio.

that's the plan :) but in my past experience physios have not done anything for me as far as my back went, so i have lost a little faith. that doesn't mean that i won't try of course...

Hope you get some joy at the docs mini.
Abz I agree, my MW was useless and kept fobbing me off too. My GP has been fab though so maybe if you get no further with your MW then see your GP. Physio hasn't really done anything for me in the past either but TBH I'm in so much pain I'd try anything, especially as I could have potentially another 21.5 weeks of it if I go overdue :(
What names are you thinking of Mini? I wanted Anna Grace but OH wanted Evelyn after his nana so Evie it is lol. I definitely prefer traditional names as opposed to naming it after your favourite fruit or something equally as daft!

Back