FatOllies's BMI Journey

FatOllie

Starting diary as part of my discipline.

Quick background – male, 60 in 2 weeks’ time, I have coronary problems, no heart attacks but four stents inserted three and a half years ago, a fifth stent just 15 months ago and I’m having another angiogram is 3 weeks’ time!

When I got my first 4 stents, I worked hard at getting my lifestyle under control, stopped smoking which was the big one, better diet, reduced stress, more exercise, healthier diet. One big failure was weight loss, tried loads of things but none worked, kept losing about 5-7 lbs. and putting it back on again :sigh:

I’ve had another problem for last year, a badly herniated disc which has reduced by ability to exercise and my weight has steadily ballooned to 16st 10 lbs. last week , I’m only 5’8” giving me a BMI of 35.6 which is far too high for my own good.

Joined SW last week , set myself a target of 4 stone by year end, that will take me to a BMI of 27.5, still slap bang in the middle of the ‘overweight’ but I’ll live with that – heck of a lot better than well into ‘obese’ :)

Targets for first six weeks:

Wk 1: 3lbs Did 4.5 :cool:
Wk 2: 3 lbs
Wk 3: 3lbs
Wk 4: 3lbs
Wk 5: 2.5 lbs –first stone gone plus 100 kg for first time in years!
Wk 6: 2.5 lbs

Hi and welcome.

You will get lots of help and support and here.

Well done on the weight loss so far and good luck with the rest of your journey.

Welcome to the club.
I have enjoyed loosing weight with SW just reached my Club 10 in two months and now on my way to try to loose another 2 stone!
We have a great group here and all ages and sex.
tonight is a BBQ theme night so looking forward to that.
Good Luck and keep it up......
Pete

Well done on getting your first award. At this rate you'll be getting the stone one in no time. Good for you! :D

Another 2.5 lbs this week; short of my target 12 lbs for by 1/2 lb but that was always an ambitious target and my BMI is down near enough 2 points so I'm really chuffed.

Few things on this week including an angiogram tomorrow - boy, will they be pleased at my weight loss :cool: - but I'd love to get another 2.5 lbs this week to hit my first stone award!

Wk 2: 3 lbs Did 2 - not bad :whistle:
Wk 3: 3lbs: Did 2.5 - 9lbs cumulative, got 1/2 stone award :)
Wk 4: 3lbs Did 2.5 - 11.5lbs in 4 weeks ain't bad :cool:
Wk 5: 2.5 lbs –first stone gone plus 100 kg for first time in years!

Oops, I made a mistake last week, it should only have been 1.5 lbs and only 0.5 lbs this week.

Due to various I went badly off the rails for 6 days at the end of last week/start of this week so I'm not surprised that I only lost 2lbs over the two weeks. One of the things I learned, however, is that if you do go off the rails for a few days, no need to get your knickers in a twist about it, just put it behind you and get back onto plan, you'll make it up again.

Still 3 lbs short of my first stone but all out effort this week to get it this incoming week.

Wk 4: 3lbs Correction - Did 1.5 - 10.5lbs in 4 weeks ain't bad :cool:
Wk 5: 2.5 lbs –first stone gone plus 100 kg for first time in years! Only 0.5 lbs but at least it was a minus not a plus! All out effort for next 7 days so I'm only a week late in hitting my first stone.

Only 1 lb this week, still 2lbs to get my first stone. Was a bit disappointed, to be honest, but by consultant reminded me that I have lost wight every week for the last 6 weeks, 12 lbs total is 2lbs per week average which is very good. That made me feel better plus people starting to notice and asking me if I've lost weight :)

Wk 5: 2.5 lbs –first stone gone plus 100 kg for first time in years! Only 0.5 lbs but at least it was a minus not a plus! All out effort for next 7 days so I'm only a week late in hitting my first stone.
Wk 6: 2.5 lbs 1 lb. - behind target but still going in right direction

4.5 lbs this week, way hay !!!!

Got my stone award - beat it by 2.5 lbs and BMI down 2.5 points. Wish there was an "over the moon" icon :D

Wk 7: 2.5 lbs - Did 4.5 lbs, delighted with myself :happy036:

+ 0.5 lbs .... oh dear ....:cry:
Wk 8: 2.5 lbs - +0.5 lbs, delighted with myself NOT :sigh:

Missed last week's weighin but had 4 lbs this week for 2 weeks so I've split it between the two weeks.

Please to be back on track, only 1 lb to my sone and a half, only 3.5 lbs to my 10%.

Wk 8: 2.5 lbs +0.5 lbs, delighted with myself NOT :sigh:
Wk 9: 2.5 lbs -2lbs
Wk 10: 2.5 lbs -2lbs - Slightly behind the ambitious target I originaly set but 20 lbs in 10 weeks is great. :)

Another 2lbs, got my 1.5 stone award plus SOTW for the first time :D

Going to try hard this week, 1.5 lbs gets me my Club 10, 2.5 lbs would take me under 15 stone for first time since I can't remember when!

Wk 8: 2.5 lbs +0.5 lbs, delighted with myself NOT :sigh:
Wk 9: 2.5 lbs -2lbs
Wk 10: 2.5 lbs -2lbs - Slightly behind the ambitious target I originaly set but 20 lbs in 10 weeks is great. :)
Wk 11: 2.0 lbs -2lbs - 1.5 stone award, SOTW. :)

Didn't realise how long it has been since I posted anything here. Anyway, after nearly 15 months I have at least reached my target of 4 stone loss with my BMI down to 27. I can still hardly believe it. :wow:

To all those struggling to lose weight, my message is simple, keep at it, slowly slowly gets you there. My past experience of various diets and weight loss plans is that the quicker you take weight off, the quicker you put it back on. Look at my graph, quite a few pluses as well as minuses but the overall trend has remained fairly consistent. My 4 stone loss over nearly 15 months averages out at near enough 1 lb per week and guess what - the nutritional an health professionals will all tell you that 1 to 1.5 lbs per week is perfect, gets you there without putting excessive stress on your body.

Last edited:
Back