"Faux" Eating !!

Cathy

Silver Member
Like a few of us on here, I haven't told everyone that I'm on LT due to the negativity etc.
I fully agree we should be able to be straight with people, but some people just latch on to anything, like you look a bit tired, or have a bit of a sniffle, to start bad-mouthing the diet, and I really don't want to have to deal with all that.
I'm in a pub quiz team and tonights the night. We all used to consume great amounts of nuts and crisps, as well as drink.
I've got out of the drink thing, by saying my hot flushes are much worse with alcohol (which is true actually) but I've got round them noticing my not eating the nuts etc, by reaching out into the bag (but not taking anything, making a big deal of shaking up the contents towards my hand and then putting my finger and thumb in my mouth)
I tell you what, I should get an Oscar for this!!
Can't wait to be back to "normal" and able to have (small amounts) of nuts again.

Wow, you have hidden it for 35 weeks??........you must be a great actress lol.

Well done so far on your loss, you are doing fantastic.

Thanks Kered, yes, it's been a long haul, but it's interesting that as long as you appear to be eating, no-one actually watches you. :D

I wish Id thought of hiding it...then again I had to tell OH as he lives with me and he told his mum and my mum and my chief bridesmaid and my sister and his sister......hes been telling them all before I get chance and telling them Im trying to wear a coffin to my wedding

hmm so you can tell how posistive everyone is about my diet lol

oh well ... i'll be thinner soon and still alive so then they can stop worrying

It's wierd how scared some people of are it isn't it? Has he accepted that you are trying to reduce the risk of him having to step up to the "in illness" aspect of your vows? He seems to have fixated on the idea you are doing it solely to get into a smaller size dress; does he understand all the other factors? That the dress is only really the "visual" aspect of the weight loss?

Totally love it !

Everyone bar a couple of my friends are being really positive.

The ones that are negative are making comments like I'll never maintain it.

Well the proof will be in the pudding. Only I will be able to decide when the weight starts to go on, whether I stop it or allow it.

and whether you'll have time for such positive "friends" in your life!

It's wierd how scared some people of are it isn't it? Has he accepted that you are trying to reduce the risk of him having to step up to the "in illness" aspect of your vows? He seems to have fixated on the idea you are doing it solely to get into a smaller size dress; does he understand all the other factors? That the dress is only really the "visual" aspect of the weight loss?

Even if I wasnt getting married I would still want this and he knows it...

My Mum and Dad are both overweight. Mum had her first facial stroke at 27 and then at 40 had her second stroke and is now paralysed.. My Dad has type 2 diabetes and I really dont want any of this...

Im 30 years old Nov 8th and Ive been over 20 stone since I was 19. At my heaviest I was 25 stone when I was 23 years old. Ive never shopped in certain shops...Ive never been able to feel happy with myself and I never appreciated being slim when I was slim...

So the dress is just the dress and yes I would like to get to goal before then but Im planning to stay at goal for the rest of my life and appreciate my life in future

And you'll do it too! We all will :)

haha!!! very cleverly thought of!! lol
cant believe you have managed that for 35 weeks - have you tried the flapjacks? maybe try them that would be 'eating' :)

Yeah, tried the Flapjacks, they were handy one time when we had friends round, i managed to avoid the salad etc by being busy serving them all. I'd deliberately bought nice flapjacks (organic ones, coz these friends are a bit "oatmeal fondue" types if you know what I mean) for afters, and I had my LT one, cut up a bit, no-one noticed !!

Lol Cathy you deserve a bloody medal!! i suppose your reward is all the money you are saving on the booze and nuts!

Well done you!

good luck with the quiz xx

Lol Cathy you deserve a bloody medal!! i suppose your reward is all the money you are saving on the booze and nuts!

Well yes, BUT... it's cost an absolute fortune in clothes! I've gone from a tight 24 to a comfy 12, so everything's gone to charity shops and had to be replaced.
I'm not complaining mind, it's wonderful to stroll into ordinary shops instead of Evans's and enjoy picking things out that I like, instead of anything that fits, in black !:bliss:

We'll all get there eventually and enjoy wearing our new clothes! Keep going everyone :clap::clap::clap::whip:

youve halved your size!!!! thats fantastic! well done you! i cant even see myself skinny, but guan work my backside off trying!

lol at spending more on clothes, what a nice complaint!

xxx

Why didn't I think of that? lmao

It is weird isn't it? It's kind of what they dont know wont hurt them isn't it? I bet you're getting loadsa compliments too since there's no 'bad fad diet' to blame anything on.

Think I might try that -especially the finger and thumb bit lmao

Well done!!

Back